Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Crashing through a glass window and hitting the ground hard, they're ready for more, with the very spooky Dr. Synne watching.

Jamie comes outside totally shaken by the chaos and the fact that he just saw his brother turn into a superhero. Thankfully Brian uses the classic nerve pinch to finally neutralize Betsy.

He runs after Synne but of course he's gone. The brothers, concerned about her mental state, take Betsy to a nearby clinic specializing in "diseases of the mind" to get her checked out. The doctor tells them he'll need to keep her overnight to run tests and monitor her............................
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Insane, right? Claremont had me on the edge of my seat.

Thankfully Brian encounters Dr. Synne once again and after literally being thrown into a fire and almost burned alive, Brian is able to de-power Synne. This breaks the hold on Betsy, she wakes up out of her indoctrination coma and Jamie takes her home. Without the use of his powers, Synne ages rapidly and dies. The end of the Dr. Synne saga.

Posting the intros for the rest of the family in the event new readers happen to wander in here, curious about the Braddocks after the announcement of the new series. Also to re-familiarize current readers and because I like collages.

Jamie Braddock is the eldest of the Braddock siblings, a former famous race car driver. The relationship between him and the twins was strong in the beginning but became extremely tumultuous to say the least. Recently he was resurrected on Krakoa and soon after installed as the king of Avalon by Apocalypse. Jamie later fled to Krakoa with the family when Merlyn took over Otherworld, and is now confirmed to be appearing in the new series. An Omega-level reality warper that can control the cosmic strings that bind everything together. Since his resurrection it seems his mental instability has been healed but only time will tell.

Meggan Puceanu Braddock was one of the 10 knights of X that helped retrieve the Siege Perilous and save Otherworld. Borrowed from Nightmare’s Meggan appreciation thread: As a metamorph, Meggan has shown the ability to change her form to resist elemental conditions, manipulate reality, and assume the form of other people and the likeness of animals … Her empathic abilities allow Meggan to feel all living things and even perceive things like the spirit plane. Not only can she feel what others are feeling, she can also project feelings out to others.
    She spent much of her recent time on Krakoa until the war for Otherworld was over.

Quite precocious, Maggie has advanced intelligence for a young child. She helped Excalibur strategize during the war, and was confirmed a mutant when she walked through a Krakoan gate. It's not yet confirmed if her intelligence is her mutant power or if she's still to manifest others.

Rachel Summers, Askani, has been reconfirmed as a multiversal being and a “stable time-traveler” by Tini Howard. It is because of her unique status and abilities that Captain Britain is no longer beholden to an Omniversal Majestor/Majestrix.
    I've added Rachel because of her shared history with the Braddocks and her multiversal status being a critical piece to the new status quo.
    Fun fact: Rachel is one of Maggie's godparents.

In hopes of separating the Captain Britain mantle from Betsy, Saturnyne performed a spell that shattered her into pieces during X of Swords. Saturnyne's intention was then to magically put the pieces back together to reconnect Brian to the mantle and revive the lost Captain Britain Corps. However the spell backfired and the Captain Betsy Corps, as I like to call them, were born.

Fun fact: One of the alternate realty Betsy's is called Captain Krakoica. Perhaps we'll be seeing an alternate reality Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Rachel Summers, Askani, has been reconfirmed as a multiversal being and a “stable time-traveler” by Tini Howard. It is because of her unique status and abilities that Captain Britain is no longer beholden to an Omniversal Majestor/Majestrix.
    I've added Rachel because of her shared history with the Braddocks and her multiversal status being a critical piece to the new status quo.
    Fun fact: Rachel is one of Maggie's godparents.

In hopes of separating the Captain Britain mantle from Betsy, Saturnyne performed a spell that shattered her into pieces during X of Swords. Saturnyne's intention was then to magically put the pieces back together to reconnect Brian to the mantle and revive the lost Captain Britain Corps. However the spell backfired and the Captain Betsy Corps, as I like to call them, were born.

Fun fact: One of the alternate realty Betsy's is called Captain Krakoica. Perhaps we'll be seeing an alternate reality Krakoa.

I have to say, what Howard did for Rachel, redefining her role and reestablishing her as Askani, has been great. It's one of the developments I'm looking forward to reading about the most in the new book.

Rachel and Betsy need new uniforms.

Rachel should definitely get an updated red body suit uniform.

And Betsy's should be less patriotic and more streamlined armor like her Mandarin or Outback armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I have to say, what Howard did for Rachel, redefining her role and reestablishing her as Askani, has been great. It's one of the developments I'm looking forward to reading about the most in the new book.
    It's been one of the best ideas to come from her run and it gave Rachel an immediate boost. It shows her acknowledgment of what has come before. I'm trying to manifest her channeling that same kind of inspiration to Betsy (and Brian) in a similar way. I keep thinking that may exist in their father and I've been rolling that around in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

And Betsy's should be less patriotic and more streamlined armor like her Mandarin or Outback armor.
    From your lips and fingertips to Marvel's ears.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I love this artist’s reimagining of the Outback armor. 💜
    https://www.deviantart.com/arzeno/ar...sykeye-7653510

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I love this artist’s reimagining of the Outback armor. ��
    That's gorgeous. I love her hair loose with it too.

Agreed, always loved this...an armor with her colors but that we can see her face, sans mask or hood.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

The hood was actually one of my favorite things about the Outback era costume, but that's largely because it accentuated Betsy's "am currently emanating so much I Know Something You Don't Know energy and I'm not even sorry" tendencies of the time and I really enjoyed that about her back then.

No hoods and capes. Betsys hair and face need to be visible but I get why people like that look.

Yeah I say save capes and trinkets for when she's holding court or at formal appearances, but keep the look sleek for when she's on mission and battling. Supermodel face on display, no helmet.
    Same for Rachel, sleek and red while on the field and a billowy cape while chilling in Otherworld.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Perfection.

My favorite costume of Brian's is his modernized look from the MI13 book.

I love it because of how the flag tapers in with his body and the sleekness of it all. How the large amount of blue looks with his blonde hair. But what I love most is that his face and hair are free to serve the people. I prefer that over a mask or helmet, although understandably him being a knight for Arthur may require him to wear a helmet (if his costume is changed at all.)

I was happy that Betsy's CB helmet disappeared during KoX. That was probably my least favorite piece of her costume in Excalibur and I'd prefer for it to remain gone. Not only does her lavender/lilac hair look beautiful long and flowy, but she graced the covers of fashion magazines so I'd love an assortment of hair styles. Let's get her the mutant Jumbo Carnation of hair stylists and let's see her slay baddies with a severe high pony, or a tight side braid adorned with butterfly clips, or a sophisticated and classic updo like when she turned heads visiting the regents of Sevalith for tea in a couture vampiress gown.

Then she went on to dance a dance of swords with Death and her hair didn't move?! Can you take it? I cannot.