Default How Much of Modern Marvel do I have to know to enjoy Current Xmen titles?

A couple of years ago I read some of the Xmen on Karoka and enjoyed what I read but for whatever reason I fell off. I would like to get back into it. How much of modern Marvel do I have to know to enjoy the current X Titles or are they are pretty much self contained?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I would say you only really need House of X, Power of X and Inferno. Besides continuity being a horrid, tangled, mess, Marvel is really random about what past stories are remembered and used, and what aren't, so it's best if you ignore them and treat the Krakoan Era as its own self-contained universe... Hell, I think you can enjoy it most the least you know about the X-men...

Do they interact with other Marvel Titles often that I need to be caught up on those?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The X-books don’t interact with outside comics too much. The only exception is the current Judgement Day event which also builds from Gillen’s Eternals run. I personally didn’t read it and understand the event fine, but you might enjoy it more if you have background on what he was doing with the Eternals.

The only other thing I’d take note of is that some X-titles basically rebranded with new names and new #1 issues. So if you were to read X-Men Red I’d probably check out SWORD before, same thing for Legion of X and Way of X (+onslaught one-shot), Knights of X and Excalibur, etc.

If you understood the early Krakoan books, you'll understand the current ones.

Astonishing Member

Honestly knowing more continuity makes the current run less enjoyable, not more so you are in the clear.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    A couple of years ago I read some of the Xmen on Karoka and enjoyed what I read but for whatever reason I fell off. I would like to get back into it. How much of modern Marvel do I have to know to enjoy the current X Titles or are they are pretty much self contained?
    Duggan's X-Men might be a good place to step back in as it's a more straightforward superhero book. A team of X-Men are voted on at the annual Hellfire Gala and they're based in Central Park, doing the traditional superhero'ing while still connected to Krakoa. It's one of my favorite books and you can branch out from there.

X-Men Red is fantastic. Best book of the whole line in what seems like most people's opinions. And nope, you don't need to know too much about modern Marvel to jump back in to the X-side.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Duggan's X-Men might be a good place to step back in as it's a more straightforward superhero book. A team of X-Men are voted on at the annual Hellfire Gala and they're based in Central Park, doing the traditional superhero'ing while still connected to Krakoa. It's one of my favorite books and you can branch out from there.

X-Men Red is fantastic. Best book of the whole line in what seems like most people's opinions. And nope, you don't need to know too much about modern Marvel to jump back in to the X-side.
    I will give that book a look. How many Xmen titles are there? Main books I mean not minis or events?

I will give that book a look. How many Xmen titles are there? Main books I mean not minis or events?
    Aside from X-Men and X-Men Red, there's also

• Immortal X-Men, which focuses on the Quiet Council and the deception and drama between them. Hellion isn't in this, so it's pretty skippable.
    • Wolverine, which stars Wolverine and has introduced some interesting Arakkii mutants. Hellion doesn't really like Wolverine, so don't expect him to appear here.
    • Legion of X, in which Nightcrawler and his comrades act as Krakoa's police/peacekeepers, with some Arakko development on the side. Hellion cameo'd in the prequel mini, so there's a chance we might see him here later on.
    • New Mutants, which is kind of up in the air, but it usually focuses on the New Mutants and some younger characters. Hellion isn't in this yet, but never say never.
    • X-Force, which is about Beast committing atrocities while leading the mutant CIA. Hellion isn't in this, which is why the team kinda sucks sometimes.
    • Marauders, with the current volume focusing on crossing time and space to rescue an ancient society of mutants. According to the writer, Academy X students might appear later on, so read this for possible Hellion sightings.
    • X-Men Unlimited, an online-only weekly series that has given us such gems as X-Men Green. The back of Hellion's head appears in one panel, making this book required reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Aside from X-Men and X-Men Red, there's also

• Immortal X-Men, which focuses on the Quiet Council and the deception and drama between them. Hellion isn't in this, so it's pretty skippable.
    • Wolverine, which stars Wolverine and has introduced some interesting Arakkii mutants. Hellion doesn't really like Wolverine, so don't expect him to appear here.
    • Legion of X, in which Nightcrawler and his comrades act as Krakoa's police/peacekeepers, with some Arakko development on the side. Hellion cameo'd in the prequel mini, so there's a chance we might see him here later on.
    • New Mutants, which is kind of up in the air, but it usually focuses on the New Mutants and some younger characters. Hellion isn't in this yet, but never say never.
    • X-Force, which is about Beast committing atrocities while leading the mutant CIA. Hellion isn't in this, which is why the team kinda sucks sometimes.
    • Marauders, with the current volume focusing on crossing time and space to rescue an ancient society of mutants. According to the writer, Academy X students might appear later on, so read this for possible Hellion sightings.
    • X-Men Unlimited, an online-only weekly series that has given us such gems as X-Men Green. The back of Hellion's head appears in one panel, making this book required reading.
    Thanks for the list

Thanks to everyone that responded. I am looking forward to sinking my teeth into The X World again

Thanks to everyone that responded. I am looking forward to sinking my teeth into The X World again
    Welcome back and enjoy!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!