Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What if/alternate universe's idea's for spider man

Spider shadow was a what if mini series so how about we talk about more idea's like:
    What if Norman Osborn really did die for good when he was hit by his glider?
    What if the original Peter Parker was Ben Reilly?
    What if the Hobgobion found out who spider man was from the Osborn journal's?
    What if Otto Octavius had stayed being spider man
    Last edited by Xwho; 10-09-2022 at 05:52 PM.

What if Peter was allowed to grow and mature like a freaken adult.

But on a less pissy note.

What if Peter had become Venom.

What if Peter Joined The Avengers when he was first asked in Spiderman Annual 2?

What if Peter told Capt Stacy he was Spiderman. What if Peter tole Joe Robertson he was Spiderman/Joe Figured it out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What if Peter was allowed to grow and mature like a freaken adult.

But on a less pissy note.

What if Peter had become Venom.

What if Peter Joined The Avengers when he was first asked in Spiderman Annual 2?

What if Peter told Capt Stacy he was Spiderman. What if Peter tole Joe Robertson he was Spiderman/Joe Figured it out.
    The first one was Spider's Shadow by Chip Zdarsky, technically, even if he never did get around to calling himself Venom. Second was Amazing Spider-Man Annual #3, if I recall correctly, and as for the last two . . . well, Captain Stacy admitted while dying in Peter's arms that he'd already figured it out and took it to his grave while asking Peter to "be good" to Gwen, while Robbie admitted in one of the Spider-Man books tying into Civil War after Peter publicly unmasked that he (and Jonah) could or should have seen it sooner if not for being blinded by the buzz The Daily Bugle was getting from all the Spider-Man photos Peter was bringing. Still, if Peter had confided in either of them, things could have definitely gone a lot better than they did in the long run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The first one was Spider's Shadow by Chip Zdarsky, technically, even if he never did get around to calling himself Venom. Second was Amazing Spider-Man Annual #3, if I recall correctly, and as for the last two . . . well, Captain Stacy admitted while dying in Peter's arms that he'd already figured it out and took it to his grave while asking Peter to "be good" to Gwen, while Robbie admitted in one of the Spider-Man books tying into Civil War after Peter publicly unmasked that he (and Jonah) could or should have seen it sooner if not for being blinded by the buzz The Daily Bugle was getting from all the Spider-Man photos Peter was bringing. Still, if Peter had confided in either of them, things could have definitely gone a lot better than they did in the long run.
    I have not read Spiders Shadow. I will check it out.

And you are right it was Annual 3, number 2 was Doctor Strange. 3 he had to lure the Hulk back to the Avengers.

And yes Stacy did figure it out and Joe did say he should have seen it. But I would like an issue where Peter just tells them both on his own.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What If... MJ had accepted Pete's proposal the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have not read Spiders Shadow. I will check it out.

And you are right it was Annual 3, number 2 was Doctor Strange. 3 he had to lure the Hulk back to the Avengers.

And yes Stacy did figure it out and Joe did say he should have seen it. But I would like an issue where Peter just tells them both on his own.
    Yeah, I think that would have been nice, too. And yes, Spider's Shadow is worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

That's a good one. Would she have confronted him sooner with knowing the truth about him being Spider-Man?

BANNED

Here's a Alternate Spider-Man of my own creation (if that's allowed)...
    Sorrow Spider-Man.Took elements from Superior second costume and Ben Reilly first costume for this drawing.
    20221011_151745.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

According to MJ's own thoughts much later, we found she would have accepted Peter's first proposal if she hadn't known.

In the newspaper comics, I think MJ turned down Peter on more than a few occasions, even when she found out, due to not wanting children that could be mutants. MJ later decided to have children with Peter in those strips and they often discussed it, but nothing came of it.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly, and this might be jamming a stick in the hornet's nest;

What if Peter never accepted Mephisto's Deal?

It's clear that OMD is never getting undone, but it would make for an interesting mini-series (much like Spider's Shadows) to explore a reality where Aunt May never died and Peter's identity remained public knowledge.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

The What If where Gwen survived her attack by the Goblin ended with her married to Peter and Peter on the run. I'm no Gwen fan, but c'mon Marvel, your money is right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

It's clear that OMD is never getting undone, but it would make for an interesting mini-series (much like Spider's Shadows) to explore a reality where Aunt May never died and Peter's identity remained public knowledge.
    I think the main reason they don't run with Peter not accepting Mephisto's deal even in an AU setting is they probably believe it would undermine the last decade + of a universe where Peter did, and fans would greatly prefer that story and version of Peter and view it as a jumping off point, especially if it had a happy ending.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 10-11-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Here's a Alternate Spider-Man of my own creation (if that's allowed)...
    Sorrow Spider-Man.Took elements from Superior second costume and Ben Reilly first costume for this drawing.
    20221011_151745.jpg
    That is a pretty good design there. Does he have a backstory, by any chance?

Fantastic Member

What if the symbiote really was destroyed by the church bell?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is a pretty good design there. Does he have a backstory, by any chance?
    Thank you for your kind reply! Really apprieciate it!
    Yes it has an entre plotline to be exact. I am an author and I write various fanpics and released a couple of novels in Greece and sometime in the near future I will be releasing one of these novels in english from On Time Books.
    For this one it goes like this...
    Basically, it's the story of Kaine who had finally managed to find happiness by managing to get rid himself of the clone degeneration process and then having a wife and a child, a family to speak. Sadly a tragic accident takes place and Kaine once again is overwhelmed by his dark and violent impulses and decides to become a new kind of Spider-Man... The Sorrow Spider-Man. Both Peter and Miles atre trying to restore logic to Kaine but it's the interaction of a surprise character to force Kaine to abandon his desire for revenge. However Kaine's Spider-Man is still quite violent and more intense than either Peter or Miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

I have written an entire script for this one.
    I even explain why no one was able to help Peter when he asked for help.
    I can guarantee to every Spider Fan that it would be a story that would actually take Spider-Man to the next level and you would like it 100%.
    I name it... Spider-Man: The Next Chapter.

I got one for you.

In the early issues under Ditko, Peter often came across as a darker more bitter and angry character. One can assume that becoming Spider-man loosened him up and relaxed him. In this reality, Peter never makes it to the science fair and that radioactive spider dies unnoticed in a corner. Peter never gets his powers, he never relaxes. An angry teenager grows into a bitter adult. The Bugler skips Peter house that night and Ben is never killed. Aunt May eventually dies from her various health problems and Uncle Ben doesn't take it well. Peter begins to loose respect for Ben as he turns into just a sad broken down old man.

Now Peter is 35 and working at a nearby university. He's gotten a reputation as one of those teacher you don't want to have and is just as disliked as an adult as he ever was as a student. He's turned his back on Ben's ideas of power and responsibility. Then, in a freak laboratory accident a spider gets exposed to radioactive material and bites Professor Parker...