Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

In the epilogue to Spider-Island, Madame Web told Peter that he could cure himself and no longer had to be Spider-Man. Peter turned the offer down.

What if Peter took the offer?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I got one for you.

In the early issues under Ditko, Peter often came across as a darker more bitter and angry character. One can assume that becoming Spider-man loosened him up and relaxed him. In this reality, Peter never makes it to the science fair and that radioactive spider dies unnoticed in a corner. Peter never gets his powers, he never relaxes. An angry teenager grows into a bitter adult. The Bugler skips Peter house that night and Ben is never killed. Aunt May eventually dies from her various health problems and Uncle Ben doesn't take it well. Peter begins to loose respect for Ben as he turns into just a sad broken down old man.

Now Peter is 35 and working at a nearby university. He's gotten a reputation as one of those teacher you don't want to have and is just as disliked as an adult as he ever was as a student. He's turned his back on Ben's ideas of power and responsibility. Then, in a freak laboratory accident a spider gets exposed to radioactive material and bites Professor Parker...
    I imagine a Peter in this universe would've ended up like a Doc Ock in his own right if he went full misanthrope and didn't get his powers until well into adulthood.

I'd probably bounce off of this and say a Peter in this setting probably would've ended up recruited by Norman Osborn. Probably take the idea of Norman always seeing Peter as the son he always wanted to the logical extreme where this Peter ended up as the protege of Norman Osborn.

Kind of reminds me of the What if from the 90s, where a young Matt Murdock got adopted by the Kingpin.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-12-2022 at 08:55 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Thank you for your kind reply! Really apprieciate it!
    Yes it has an entre plotline to be exact. I am an author and I write various fanpics and released a couple of novels in Greece and sometime in the near future I will be releasing one of these novels in english from On Time Books.
    For this one it goes like this...
    Basically, it's the story of Kaine who had finally managed to find happiness by managing to get rid himself of the clone degeneration process and then having a wife and a child, a family to speak. Sadly a tragic accident takes place and Kaine once again is overwhelmed by his dark and violent impulses and decides to become a new kind of Spider-Man... The Sorrow Spider-Man. Both Peter and Miles atre trying to restore logic to Kaine but it's the interaction of a surprise character to force Kaine to abandon his desire for revenge. However Kaine's Spider-Man is still quite violent and more intense than either Peter or Miles.
    That could be a very compelling story. Thanks for sharing.

I got one for you.

In the early issues under Ditko, Peter often came across as a darker more bitter and angry character. One can assume that becoming Spider-man loosened him up and relaxed him. In this reality, Peter never makes it to the science fair and that radioactive spider dies unnoticed in a corner. Peter never gets his powers, he never relaxes. An angry teenager grows into a bitter adult. The Bugler skips Peter house that night and Ben is never killed. Aunt May eventually dies from her various health problems and Uncle Ben doesn't take it well. Peter begins to loose respect for Ben as he turns into just a sad broken down old man.

Now Peter is 35 and working at a nearby university. He's gotten a reputation as one of those teacher you don't want to have and is just as disliked as an adult as he ever was as a student. He's turned his back on Ben's ideas of power and responsibility. Then, in a freak laboratory accident a spider gets exposed to radioactive material and bites Professor Parker...
    Would be a very interesting, if dark, take on Spider-Man's story.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I imagine a Peter in this universe would've ended up like a Doc Ock in his own right if he went full misanthrope and didn't get his powers until well into adulthood.

I'd probably bounce off of this and say a Peter in this setting probably would've ended up recruited by Norman Osborn. Probably take the idea of Norman always seeing Peter as the son he always wanted to the logical extreme where this Peter ended up as the protege of Norman Osborn.

Kind of reminds me of the What if from the 90s, where a young Matt Murdock got adopted by the Kingpin.
    Hmm, that could be something, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A spider bitten by radioactive human. He becomes Man-Spider and has to deal with the same shit as we do.

What if Spider-man was actually allowed to be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    A spider bitten by radioactive human. He becomes Man-Spider and has to deal with the same shit as we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Ha, good ones.

I got one for you.

Brilliant idea! This touches on one of the reasons I've always liked Doc Ock so much: he's very much a look at what Peter might have become if he'd not been raised by people like Ben and May. Octavius had a horrible upbringing, was bullied, and eventually turned his brilliance to crime. He never lost the bitterness and arrogance that Peter had pre-spider.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Newspaper Comic Strip and Renew Your Vows?

Spider-Girl would count if Peter wasn't a consistent grouch

I got one for you.

^^^Go on…..!

Astonishing Member

In this Alternate reality, Spider man is filthy rich and The world regards him as its best Super hero; He is of course in Reality evil as hell. His big project is trying to recapture the Captain Universe force. Made a deal with Mephisto to kill His Greatest threat and nemesis Aunt May( who was some kind of Super powered mutant here I guess.) As a consequence He is in a loveless marriage with Mary Jane Watson and they are destined to bring a child into this world who will bring great carnage and sorrow and awfullness to the world. For fun, He assumes Villaious identities like his Slinger personas and also Chameleon. On this world 616 heros are villains and the Villains are heroes generally so he is oppossed by the Spectacular Six- Otto, Electro, Sandman, Vulture and Black Cat.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 10-21-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Spectacular Member

What if Harry Osborn was a villanous Spider-Man and Peter was an heroic Doctor Octopus?

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    In this Alternate reality, Spider man is filthy rich and The world regards him as its best Super hero; He is of course in Reality evil as hell. His big project is trying to recapture the Captain Universe force. More later perhaps
    Sounds like the Amazing Spider who was luring other Spider-Men to his world so he could drain their lifeforces to empower himself further, back in the Identity Wars crossover between the Amazing Spider-Man/Incredible Hulks/Deadpool Annuals of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    What if Harry Osborn was a villanous Spider-Man and Peter was an heroic Doctor Octopus?
    That would be cool. There was a reality depicted in the Spider-Geddon arc of Spider-Gwen where Harry became Spider-Man and Gwen became a heroic (Green) Goblin until the deaths of both Harry and her father caused something in her to break, partly due to the neurotech in her suit going haywire.

What if Uncle Ben died in 9/11? Or maybe that would be too controversial.

Would Peter have fought in the Iraqi war or something? (I remember a fanmade comic where he fought in the Vietnam war)

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    What if Uncle Ben died in 9/11? Or maybe that would be too controversial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Would Peter have fought in the Iraqi war or something? (I remember a fanmade comic where he fought in the Vietnam war)
    And Life Story did nod to that, with Peter/Spidey considering whether or not to join Flash and Captain America in Vietnam in the first issue, set in the 1960s a few real-world years after Peter was first bitten by that spider.