Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And Life Story did nod to that, with Peter/Spidey considering whether or not to join Flash and Captain America in Vietnam in the first issue, set in the 1960s a few real-world years after Peter was first bitten by that spider.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/e...rpunisher.html

There was also this unpublished story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/e...rpunisher.html

There was also this unpublished story.
    Oh, yeah . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spider-Gwen meets Sarah Stacy

Spider-Gwen is hopping around the Spider-verse looking at worlds that don't currently have an active Spider-totem. She's trying to figure out what happened to them. One of the first things she notices is a Blue Goblin flying around. Then she tries confronting the Goblin and gets confused when the Goblin basically just ignores her. Well, Gwen does manage to get the Goblin's attention by attacking her, but gets distracted when the police treat her with hostility. In her world the police love her, but here they not only don't recognize her, but she has this momentary thought that the police are on the Blue Goblin's side? That thought doesn't last long as the Goblin uses a stun gauntlet to know Gwen out.

Gwen wakes up locked up in jail... and sees the Blue Goblin walk into the room.... without her mask. Then Gwen notices something she hadn't seen before, the Goblin is wearing a name tag: Sarah Stacy.

Yeah, this one has a different way of continuing after Sins Past. Sarah starts working with the NYPD, and when this world's Pete is killed by the Inheritors she starts acting as super-powered law enforcement. Hence why the costume is mostly blue, it's in some ways styled after a police uniform. The mask actually looks more like a riot helmet than a regular Goblin mask.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What If...ONSLAUGHT occurred during Revelations?

In this timeline, the events of Heroes Reborn do not take place until Halloween night just as Norman Osborn prepares for his grand return after years in hiding. His plans are all ruined however with the arrival of a Sentinel army serving the strange mutant entity known as Onslaught who begin picking New York City apart in their search for mutants and superhumans. Because of the Sentinels, Mary Jane and Aunt Anna never make it to the Daily Grind and instead go into hiding in the subways, preventing her from ever being poisoned by Allison Mongraine, who is killed when one of the Sentinels destroys the Daily Grind during a fight with Daredevil. Peter and Ben eventually arrive to save MJ and Aunt Anna, but are interrupted by Norman Osborn, who is furious that his plans have gone to waste and wishes to kill MJ and the baby so that Peter can feel the same agony that he has allegedly caused Norman. The fight with Norman is complicated by the arrival of more Sentinels who seek to destroy both Spider-Men and The Green Goblin. The fighting is fierce and Norman nearly kills MJ but is stopped from doing so by Ben, who suffers a major injury in the process. However, Ben's valiant sacrifice allows the Sentinels to get a clean shot on Norman, who is killed instantly by a repulsar blast.

With Norman dead, Ben in critical condition and MJ going into labor from the stress of the situation, an exhausted and bloody Peter Parker decides to unleash every ounce of strength left in his body to defeat the Sentinels so he can get MJ and Ben to the Hospital. And he does, damaging his leg badly in the process. Regardless, Peter manages to get Ben and MJ to the hospital, thankfully Norman's lackies are nowhere to be found as they ran off when the Sentinels invaded. MJ gives birth to a healthy baby girl and Ben survives his injuries. However, all is not well, Peter's leg has been damaged to the point that he can no longer be Spider-Man and to make matters even worse...The Avengers, The Fantastic Four and The X-Men all perished in the final fight against Onslaught. As he holds his infant daughter May in his arms, Peter dwells on the uncertain future ahead while staring out at the fallen, deactivated form of a Sentinel a few blocks from the hospital.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

What if Spider-Man were the only superhero?

I think this could be an interesting omnibus sized epic, exploring a world where Peter Parker is the only one with this type of great power.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I think this could be an interesting omnibus sized epic, exploring a world where Peter Parker is the only one with this type of great power.
    When I was a kid I always read Spider-Man as if he was the only one. Superhero films (from Marvel and DC) before the MCU gave us exactly that. The only movie right know that meets these requirements is The Batman. I hope it stays as that for the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The closest we have gotten to that idea are these two instances:

* In the No Way Home, it was revealed that Avengers does not exist in either the Raimiverse or the Webbverse. Most likely Spider-Man is one of the few if not the only hero in those universes. Albeit, Doc Strange might possibly exist in the Raimiverse due to a namedrop.

* In the Defenders Vol 4, it was revealed that Celestials took ideas of "miracles" from throughout the Multiverse and made them manifest all in a singular earth at the same time (Earth-616 etc.). So, the original instances of "miracles" such as Fantastic Four, Spider-Man etc. originally came to be in random unrelated isolated realities (meaning there were realities where only Spider-Man or FF alone existed in presumably relatively normal Earths) but Celestials made it so that the alternate versions of such super-powered beings would show up in one single Earth. This idea, to my knowledge, has yet to be revisited outside of the Defenders series.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 01-07-2024 at 03:38 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

What If? . . . Spider-Man Beyond.

Set a century after the original debut of the Amazing Spider-Man in the year 1962, the Beyond Corporation is a massively powerful conglomerate with controlling interests in the United States, particularly in the so-called "Superhero Capital of the World," New York City. Speaking of superheroes, they've all since been copyrighted, trademarked, and otherwise coopted by Beyond Corporation, repurposed for the sake of enforcing Beyond's grip --- more like stranglehold --- on the world at large while maintaining a charade of fighting against the forces of evil, supervillains whose names and images have actually also been coopted by Beyond Corp to serve as deniable assets for their machinations behind the charade of superpowered battles between "heroes" and "villains." Of course, when this charade is finally seen through by none other than Spider-Man, now Beyond Corp's top superhero asset, it sends him swinging for his own life . . . and to undo Beyond's grasp on the world . . . if he can survive long enough to achieve that, of course.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    When I was a kid I always read Spider-Man as if he was the only one. Superhero films (from Marvel and DC) before the MCU gave us exactly that.
    Ironically I think Amazing Spider-man 1 is the first comic in which Marvel characters from one ongoing comic book appear in another.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

NGL I wanna see more of the Spiderman from earth 4477 that appeared recently in that Unlimited series.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Ironically I think Amazing Spider-man 1 is the first comic in which Marvel characters from one ongoing comic book appear in another.
    Spider-Man: Mister Fantastic, I need a job.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I don't know if anyone's ever brought this one up but...

What If...Peter Parker never took back the mantle of Spider-Man?

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I got one for you.

In the early issues under Ditko, Peter often came across as a darker more bitter and angry character. One can assume that becoming Spider-man loosened him up and relaxed him. In this reality, Peter never makes it to the science fair and that radioactive spider dies unnoticed in a corner. Peter never gets his powers, he never relaxes. An angry teenager grows into a bitter adult. The Bugler skips Peter house that night and Ben is never killed. Aunt May eventually dies from her various health problems and Uncle Ben doesn't take it well. Peter begins to loose respect for Ben as he turns into just a sad broken down old man.

Now Peter is 35 and working at a nearby university. He's gotten a reputation as one of those teacher you don't want to have and is just as disliked as an adult as he ever was as a student. He's turned his back on Ben's ideas of power and responsibility. Then, in a freak laboratory accident a spider gets exposed to radioactive material and bites Professor Parker...
    Very cool idea, though one of the reasons I've always consider Otto Octavius to be Peter's ultimate enemy is because he is what Peter would have become without Ben and May and his powers. This is my only problem with Spider-Man 2.

Still, I'd love to read a one-shot or series based on your ideas.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

What if Daily Bugle is actually supportive of Spider-Man since the beginning?

Instead of labeling as public menace, Spider-Man actually accepted and supported by press since the beginning of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    What if Daily Bugle is actually supportive of Spider-Man since the beginning?

Instead of labeling as public menace, Spider-Man actually accepted and supported by press since the beginning of his career.
    Hmm... The old Iron-spider alt-U had him loved by almost everyone.