Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Could be worse. Could be Florida.

I've lived in Florida for 20 years and if I wasn't tied to my job and retirement plan I'd be outta here. 20 years and each year everything just gets gradually worse. Mainly because Floridians are hell bent on continuously electing rich evil men who don't give a crap about them. Over and over and over again. Ron DeSantis, Rick Scott, Matt Gaetz etc. You couldn't find worse people for the job. It's absolutely an actual kakistocracy.

There was a tweet that became a meme that went about a while ago. Something like "Floridians could be choosing between free ice cream or a punch in the face and the result would be 49/51."

I think that is pretty accurate. Just astonishingly stupid.
    It's a real neck and neck race but I can't declare a winner yet, but yeah if it was a lot easier I would get the hell out of this shithole state.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Likely not. The problem is that housing and rent are VERY expensive here, and any aid provided would be entirely inadequate to help most people. We're talking about upwards of $2000 a month rent.
    California might be the NIMBYest state in the country - if you try to build multi unit housing, allot a few million dollars for the lawsuits of irate neighbors, even if you meet all regulatory requirements.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It's a real neck and neck race but I can't declare a winner yet, but yeah if it was a lot easier I would get the hell out of this shithole state.
    I will get out, I'm pretty determined. However, when I do (likely 20ish years from now) I'll be leaving the entire country.

Texas and Florida: two sides of a really shitty coin.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.