Default X-men & Avengers 30th Anniversary VHS Tape 1993! Extreme!!

Someone posted this. It was a vhs tape from 1993 about x-men and avengers but mostly x-men talking about upcoming x-men and avengers books! From talking about the sega game to proudly bragging about the hologram covers to bob harris talking about the future of x-men to a look at the cartoon.

You can sure feel the 90s "Extreme!"

What do you guys think of this video and how would you rate this era of x-men?

Last edited by Gaastra; 10-10-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really enjoyed this era. I'm a big fan of the Avengers run by Harras and Epting (probably because it very much screamed "X-Men" to me at the time) and felt like Lobdell was hitting his stride on Uncanny around this time, with an excellent Romita Jr in tow. I have fond memories of Bloodties and the drama with Crystal, Luna, Cortez and Exodus. Fun times!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Wow, nice find. I love seeing old promo material like this. Such a time capsule.

The 90s comics had a lot of faults, but I still love it as well as the X-Men media of the time from the animated series to the video games
    Make Good Art

Damn… that “where do you think the X-men will be in thirty years” question and answer sure feels ominous considering… well, you know… Fall of X next year.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As an X-Men fan I also enjoyed just HOW successful the whole line was around this period and through the Age of Apocalypse more or less. All the books were regular top 25 material at least, with a few Spawn, WildC.A.T.S and Gen13 here and there, with the top industry artists drawing them and Bob Harras, for all his faults, running a tight ship. I don't think the X-books ever recovered when he stopped being group editor after AOA.

Found another video. Early 90s comic catalogs. The marvel swimsuit and ultraforce comics! Lol. Man, i miss the ultraverse heroes.

Also, a big ad for x-men 1 and x-force 1! They were hyping those books up, weren't they?