Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who You Would Consider As Thanos's Arch-Nemesis?

I was reading The Life and Death Of Captain Marvel, a collection that featured Thanos's first appearence.
    From that read I came up with a question...
    Who would you consider as Thanos's arch nemesis?
    Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Drax The Destroyer or Adam Warlock?

BANNED

Thanos has only one arch nemesis... the savior, the god slayer, the avenging hand of light... Adam Warlock !!
    (or even better, Warlock's future self, the Magus)

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Thanos’ scope is to big for him to be the arch nemesis of just one hero

Himself!?

I think it started with Captain Marvel then moved on to Adam Warlock, Drax, the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Warlock was the only individual capable of defeating Thanos at one point by virtue of the Soul Gem. The Soul Gem was perhaps the only thing in all of the multiverse that Thanos feared at that time. As such, anyone who wielded the SG would be his deadliest foe... if the wielder of the gem was thus inclined.

But that said, I'm of the opinion that Captain Mar-Vell, as Protector of the Universe, was always Thanos' greatest foe. He recognized the threat that Thanos presented and fought him (or his hordes*) at every turn. Had Mar-Vell not died, he'd probably still be running down and engaging Thanos wherever he dared show his face.

Death...She treats him like a red headed step child and he just keeps coming back for more...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Death...She treats him like a red headed step child and he just keeps coming back for more...
    That's my view as well. Death is Thanos' worst enemy, precisely because he is incapable of understanding that she's his enemy at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Warlock was the only individual capable of defeating Thanos at one point by virtue of the Soul Gem. The Soul Gem was perhaps the only thing in all of the multiverse that Thanos feared at that time. As such, anyone who wielded the SG would be his deadliest foe... if the wielder of the gem was thus inclined.

But that said, I'm of the opinion that Captain Mar-Vell, as Protector of the Universe, was always Thanos' greatest foe. He recognized the threat that Thanos presented and fought him (or his hordes*) at every turn. Had Mar-Vell not died, he'd probably still be running down and engaging Thanos wherever he dared show his face.
    Thanos was the champion of death... Chaos and Order designated Adam Warlock to be the champion of life; it was not Adam as it was in the present, but Adam in the future, the Magus, who, unlike Adam, was more powerful than Thanos.
    Thanos first created a plan to kill the magus (trainining a perfect assassin since she was a child, Gamora) and then, when that failed, he worked to change the timeline, so that Warlock will never became the Magus and so his designated enemy was him and not his future self.
    So, designated champion of death vs designated champion of life : Thanos vs Adam Warlock.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That's my view as well. Death is Thanos' worst enemy, precisely because he is incapable of understanding that she's his enemy at all.
    Thanos has been redpilled. He no longer is chasing that old crone.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Nearly every comics writer except his creator!?

Adam Warlock or Mar-Vell.

The correct answer is Squirrel Girl.

I always felt it was Adam Warlock that was the other side of the coin for Thanos.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Himself!?
    Yikes! Even Warlock himself pointed that out...