Default DC Universe Infinite Is Getting An Upgrade

So DC has announced DC Universe Infinite Ultra, which is a higher-tier service of DC Universe Infinite.

The benefit? They're now placing comics on there only one month after release. A year subscription is $100 USD and that's the only option for now.

I think this is a good idea, and that will probably have better benefits if they can properly market (and upkeep the service).

I'm curious about what the long-term benefits and possibilities of this could mean for DC and its series. Especially, since one month is a good turnaround, I think Marvel's comic reading service still does six months.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

One month would be a good compromise with brick and mortar stores.
    It would give some books that might do better digitally a better chance of surviving past the initial physical launch.
    I know times that titles were cancelled before the first issue even hit the stands, all based on retailer pre-orders.

It will be interesting to see if Marvel follows suit or not.

'DC UNIVERSE INFINITE is not intended for children'. Nice to remind everyone that comics aren't for kids. Let them go play their M-rated games instead.

Edit:
    I looked at it. And then I looked at the release schedule for October for DCUI. Still no DC Universe comics in the Archives.
    After almost a year of Milestone books being digitized, now we're stuck in a long period of Wildstorm books being digitized.

I haven't even opened DCUI in months because they just aren't digitizing back issues to fill in gaps for core books like JLA.

Appears Vertigo will be expanded, but only for the Ultra subs.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-11-2022 at 06:23 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    So DC has announced DC Universe Infinite Ultra, which is a higher-tier service of DC Universe Infinite.

The benefit? They're now placing comics on there only one month after release. A year subscription is $100 USD and that's the only option for now.

I think this is a good idea, and that will probably have better benefits if they can properly market (and upkeep the service).

I'm curious about what the long-term benefits and possibilities of this could mean for DC and its series. Especially, since one month is a good turnaround, I think Marvel's comic reading service still does six months.
    Hasn't Marvel Unlimited been three months since COVID? There was almost no comics in April, May or June 2020, so Unlimited brought July's forward, cutting the gap to three months from that point on?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This is pretty cool .

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post

No, Marvel’s window has been only 3 months for a while now.
    This is a move in the right direction, but I can’t get too excited since DC has failed so hard at releasing the app internationally and they still have huge gaps in the library (yet only add like 3 older comics a week, and mostly obscure Wildstorm stuff nobody cares about).

BANNED

I already love DCUI for what it is, so I’m not sure if it’s right for me. I don’t read contemporary DC Comics and I don’t like Vertigo/Black Label, and those are the two big selling points. I am curious about what collected editions will be added in November, though.

The new stuff of interest to me is MAD and the graphic novels which are available on the standard tier.

I think this is a great move and it pulled me right back in. Buying comics each week was getting too expensive for me so I stopped with the intent of switching to DCUI, but after six months I just kind of fell out of the habit. With this I'm incentivized to catch back up and I feel like I can stay current with just a months delay more happily than waiting six months.