Member in Disguise

Default Who learns faster?

Taskmaster vs. Cassandra Cain!

Round 1: Unarmed, both combatants have no prior knowledge of each other.

Round 2: Unarmed, but with the full experience of Round 1's fight.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

You've got a guy who can copy someone vs a girl who can sense and counteract a person. Taskmaster has to be in battle to be able to copy the opponents moves doesn't he? Whereas Cass Cain see's the person attack and precognitively recognizes how to react and attack differently. I'd say Taskmaster can know more of what to do but Cass can react and adapt at the bell.

Round 1 - Cassandra

Round 2 - Taskmaster
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    You've got a guy who can copy someone vs a girl who can sense and counteract a person. Taskmaster has to be in battle to be able to copy the opponents moves doesn't he? Whereas Cass Cain see's the person attack and precognitively recognizes how to react and attack differently. I'd say Taskmaster can know more of what to do but Cass can react and adapt at the bell.

Round 1 - Cassandra

Round 2 - Taskmaster

You are kind of ignoring the fact that Taskmasters knowledge will avail him not at all against a girl who is that much faster, more skilled and can predict his body movements before he does

Oh as for the fight, Cassandra Cain wins both rounds

Last I checked Taskmaster was only a low end bullet timer( and that too by burning himself out with the effort) vs a girl who smirks at multiple shots fired at point blank range

For Tasky to do anything at all, he will need to react to her.

Which he cant

Lets be generous and say he hangs in there for a few seconds with his "double time" thing

After that he gets his ass kicked

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    Oh as for the fight, Cassandra Cain wins both rounds

Last I checked Taskmaster was only a low end bullet timer( and that too by burning himself out with the effort) vs a girl who smirks at multiple shots fired at point blank range

For Tasky to do anything at all, he will need to react to her.

Which he cant

Lets be generous and say he hangs in there for a few seconds with his "double time" thing

After that he gets his ass kicked
    Of course, I was thinking that thru and really saw Cass being too much to handle but put too much faith in copying in the 2nd round... forgot he's not really a bt.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

The best Taskmaster ever did was catch a bullet after seeing it done. And even then it was a "lucky break.:

Cass is fast to dodge bullets after they have been fired, while smirking about it.

Cass Cain, I think should win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The best Taskmaster ever did was catch a bullet after seeing it done. And even then it was a "lucky break.:
    Tasky dressed as Deadpool:
    https://imageshack.com/i/n6tkvaj

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Tasky dressed as Deadpool:
    https://imageshack.com/i/n6tkvaj
    Honestly, that could just be aim-dodging/blocking as well, I mean you see her fire, then you see the bullets bounce off the chains.

Note: I'm not arguing for or against the feat, myself. That's just what I'm getting from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Honestly, that could just be aim-dodging/blocking as well, I mean you see her fire, then you see the bullets bounce off the chains.

Note: I'm not arguing for or against the feat, myself. That's just what I'm getting from it.
    ...He blocks it with a chain, he would have to time that perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    ...He blocks it with a chain, he would have to time that perfectly.
    Not necessarily.

But like I said, I'm not going to bother arguing the feat, because what I get from it, is different than what seems to be accepted. No muss, no fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not necessarily.

But like I said, I'm not going to bother arguing the feat, because what I get from it, is different than what seems to be accepted. No muss, no fuss.
    Well, I'm not going to push it too hard either as he still needs more to prove BT, I just think it's better then the Bullet catch personally.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well, if we take the thread title seriously - who learns faster - than Tasky certainly is faster than Cass at learning moves he sees - given that his power is to assimilate them instantly.

In a fight, of course, he gets his ass solidly kicked by the much-faster girl who hits harder than he does.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Taskmaster has to be in battle to be able to copy the opponents moves doesn't he?
    Nope. As I understand it, he learned a lot of his moves from video footage of various heroes. Supposedly he's even managed to teach himself how to do various moves at extremely high speed by fast forwarding the tapes. (Though this apparently takes a ton of effort so can't be kept up for long and isn't anything like "Taskmaster has legit superspeed". Also: Still not fast enough to deal with Cass.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Nope. As I understand it, he learned a lot of his moves from video footage of various heroes. Supposedly he's even managed to teach himself how to do various moves at extremely high speed by fast forwarding the tapes. (Though this apparently takes a ton of effort so can't be kept up for long and isn't anything like "Taskmaster has legit superspeed". Also: Still not fast enough to deal with Cass.)
    Yep, this is how he does it. Hell, when he first figured it out as a kid, he did an Olympic level dive into a swimming pool after watching it done, then almost drowned because he didn't know how to swim.

Unfortunately, he still can't get a read on/beat, Deadpool straight up.