Default How would you feel if Spoiler had closer ties to Catwoman?

Besides being her prisoner of course.

The little future glimpse we get of her isn't much to go off of but i get the feeling, a vibe if you want to call it that, that she doesn't mind being captured and maybe even is grateful to be relatively safe instead of possibly being hunted by the big bads.

I...actually quite like the idea. Not that she needs to be "Catgirl" or anything but with Oracle now hitting up vintage stores for dainty yellow boots, Steph she does kind of need a new mentor after all. Beginning her vigilante career under Selina's wing would draw a nice comparison to the criminal life of her father - an background in crime enabling her to do good. Also an opportunity for the protective and nurturing side of Selina to once again shine through while she's playing Queen.

BANNED

It seems like there's a lot of "all the boys on the right side of the room" and "all the girls on the left side of room".

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It seems like there's a lot of "all the boys on the right side of the room" and "all the girls on the left side of room".
    as shown by harper and tim grouping together oh wait. well theres barbara and jason who totally aren't teaming it up right now. oh wait again who is pushing the girls on one side boys on the other again?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It would definitely give her a more unique place in terms of the Family post-Eternal.

BANNED

I enjoyed their interactions during War Games, so I would approve of more.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm cool with that, it would definitely be a nice twist. However, I don't want her as a surrogate Holly. Bring her back already!

Also, the last thing I want is to immediately see a retread of her relationship with Tim (though there should definitely be sparks).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Well, they did have some nice moments together in War Games. That was just about the ONLY part of War Games that I liked, in fact. Selina seemed to really care about Steph and we really got to see a bit of Selina's maternal side with her.

I won't say I'm 100% sold on the idea just yet, as I'm still not so sure how much I like this new storyline with Selina playing Queen of the Gotham Underworld. But if handled well, I could like this idea just fine.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

i have to confess the more i consider the possibility the more i find i like it. of course who knows if thats what the writers are thinking or not.

Ultimate Member

I like it to. Plus I can see Selina emphasizing with Steph having a massive A-hole of a father, given her own past.

Incredible Member

Really like the idea. Pre 52 Steph didn't really end up seeing Batman as a father figure like the others did. And if her mom is now evil or whatever, it would be nice if she did have at least one parental figure.

Always like it when Selina is all maternal and stuff, and her interactions with Steph in War Games were the only parts that I didn't absolutely hate.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Certainly an interesting idea and one that hasn't really been explored before. I would be curious to see it play through.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Catwoman sort of watch over Steph during War Games? If I'm right, I think I remember not hating that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Always like it when Selina is all maternal and stuff, and her interactions with Steph in War Games were the only parts that I didn't absolutely hate.
    Ah, so I was on the right track. Yeah. I wouldn't hate them being allies.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

As others have said I guess that relationship, as much as there was of it, was one of the few things about War Games that didn't blow. Still I'm not convinced until I see the concept in execution. I know in DC's universe everyone is supposed to have a mentor, but I wouldn't mind seeing a character without a mentor myself. But if Steph has to have a mentor then I suppose better it be Catwoman than the great Batarsky. Then Steph can head to school some place and meet exchange student Cass and they can both be mentored by Dr. Richard Dragon or something.

I always loved how Selina had a relationship, no matter how minimal it was, with the entire batfam. She teamed up with Dick, Jason, and Tim quite a few times in Batman's comics and her own solo as well. She had a few team ups with Babs, Helena B, and Cass as well.

It would cool to see that carry over to the new 52 with her and steph.