Astonishing Member

Default Did Tim Drake ever visit his parents in the Witness Relocation program?

I read a trade of Teen Titans where they showed his origin and that his parents are still alive. Any issues where he visits them? Does he ever mention his parents in the comics? I think it was the reprinted issue of Teen Titans #0.

Extraordinary Member

Nope. Because that would require Tim to be written in a way that wasn't blatantly and boringly derivative of Nightwing during Lobdell's Teen Titans run. They do get mentioned once or twice, but only so that Joker could fake-kidnap Daddy Drake for DOTF's tie-in. As it stands, Tim wanted to be Robin (or a Robin equivalent) for no real reason, got a hit called down on his family because he was an immature little prick over-reaching himself, got to be a Robin equivalent because stupid (seriously, what the hell's with the origin story's WP portrayal? There's potential that's getting wasted for non-sensical reasons) and his name's some kind of alias composed of his middle name and something else.

Now, I do feel that someone will eventually use his parents in an intelligent manner (either Titans will touch it or Batman. Eternal and it's hoped-for spinoffs), and I really hope they rewrite part of his back story when they do so. Because compared to what it was, it's unforgivably stupid. And the current situation with his parents is the worst of both worlds; he doesn't interact with them, but he has almost no motive to be Red Robin.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I read a trade of Teen Titans where they showed his origin and that his parents are still alive. Any issues where he visits them? Does he ever mention his parents in the comics? I think it was the reprinted issue of Teen Titans #0.
    He doesn't visits them but he does keep tabs on them at all times (or at least he did under Lobdell's, no idea if Pfeifer will handle that differently)

Pfeiffer should just ignore as much about Lobdell's Tim (and Lobdell's TT overall) as he can. He's off to a good start so far.

Who cares?

BANNED

Why should Tim go visit his parents? They'd get in the way of his swingin' lifestyle.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Who cares?
    I imagine his parents would...
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I imagine his parents would...
    I mean in the sense of the readers not the characters, but in that since if they cared they would've had Tim stay in the witness program with them.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I mean in the sense of the readers not the characters, but in that since if they cared they would've had Tim stay in the witness program with them.
    Yeah, got that and was making a joke. You're not a Tim lover. Seen that over and over and over.

I am, but not to the point of defending Lobdel's version so far. C'mon Eternal, give us back Tim!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!