Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't see what's stopping her showing up in Spider-Verse stuff at least. 1610 was restored by the Future Foundation just like every other destroyed reality, as has been shown in Spider-Men II, Venom, and Miles's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't see what's stopping her showing up in Spider-Verse stuff at least. 1610 was restored by the Future Foundation just like every other destroyed reality, as has been shown in Spider-Men II, Venom, and Miles's book.
    Miles Morales needs to return to Earth-1610.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Why do threads like this give off a strong wish fulfillment vibe to me?

Anyway, the analogies are not perfect, but…

Do all mutants (Franklin Richards *cough*pre-retcon*cough*) have to regularly tie-in to the X-Men?
    Do all Asgardians like Valkyrie have to regularly tie-in to Thor?

Why not let Jess be her own character without having to tie her in to Peter's life more closely?

Just… why?

And Jess's mythology "not exciting" is a personal opinion.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Why do threads like this give off a strong wish fulfillment vibe to me?

Anyway, the analogies are not perfect, but…

Do all mutants (Franklin Richards *cough*pre-retcon*cough*) have to regularly tie-in to the X-Men?
    Do all Asgardians like Valkyrie have to regularly tie-in to Thor?

Why not let Jess be her own character without having to tie her in to Peter's life more closely?

Just… why?

And Jess's mythology "not exciting" is a personal opinion.
    Jessica has never appeared as a reoccurring ally in the pages of Spider-Man. It's all about promotion to the Spider-Woman brand to get more people invested. The previous Spider-Woman writers could had used Spider-Man in a Spider-Woman story arc where they work together and vice versa. Everything is about getting as much interest in Spider-Woman as possible. Past attempts has not worked.

At least the Asgardians appear in a reoccurring guest spot in Thor's world.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-18-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh.... I don't see that her absence hurts anything or constitutes some huge missed opportunity. It'd be nice if they were at least frierds ab=nd that they teamed up more. I actually prefer Julia as spiderwoman anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Oh.... I don't see that her absence hurts anything or constitutes some huge missed opportunity. It'd be nice if they were at least frierds ab=nd that they teamed up more. I actually prefer Julia as spiderwoman anyway.
    As Spider-Woman, Julia could have appeared as often as Black Cat does during the 1980's and 1990's. As Madam Web, Julia should have a reoccurring role in the world of Spider-Man, along with Jessica Drew. At least, Marvel should have Jessica team up with Peter in a major story arc that will not have The Avengers tagging along.

Jessica appears in the pages of Captain Marvel. She should appear in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man as well. Would be nice to see Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Peter Parker working together in a story arc...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    As Spider-Woman, Julia could have appeared as often as Black Cat does during the 1980's and 1990's. As Madam Web, Julia should have a reoccurring role in the world of Spider-Man, along with Jessica Drew. At least, Marvel should have Jessica team up with Peter in a major story arc that will not have The Avengers tagging along.

Jessica appears in the pages of Captain Marvel. She should appear in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man as well. Would be nice to see Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Peter Parker working together in a story arc...
    LOL! Toss in Nat to rekindle some long-suppressed feelings, and you got yourself a deal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Toss in Nat to rekindle some long-suppressed feelings, and you got yourself a deal.

Black Widow and Spider-Man's partnership could have been as iconic as her partnership with Daredevil dating back to the early 1970's. Black Widow and Spider-Man adventures would be a goldmine for Marvel...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Black Widow and Spider-Man's partnership could have been as iconic as her partnership with Daredevil dating back to the early 1970's. Black Widow and Spider-Man adventures would be a goldmine for Marvel...
    I know, right?! Along with Spidey's parents being secret agents, there might have been other connections worth exploring (IMHO):

Jessica's a far more interesting companion in Carol's comics and vice versa than with Peter. However I do think she gets disrespected a lot more than she should. She can be someone that participates in Spider-Man events, but is her own hero doing her own thing in her own comics that don't have to tie into what Spider-Man is doing. She can also team up with any other heroes (ie: Carol Danvers) and do some great stuff there too.

I wouldn't exclude her from Spider-Man's world, but I wouldn't make it the only thing she was tied to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I wouldn't exclude her from Spider-Man's world, but I wouldn't make it the only thing she was tied to either.
    This. Have her occasionally guest starring in Parker's titles. Explore her ties to other superheroes. She and Ben Grimm had a number of adventures together.

Frankly, I'm tired of the "anyone with 'spider' in their name should be a regular in Spidey's world" push. What next, the Greek spider-goddess Arachne or the African spider-god Kwaku Anansi appear on his doorstep?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Astonishing Member

I feel Jessica and Peter are too far apart to work well as regular partners. If the criteria is purely sales, then yes. Putting her in his world would have helped. If you're talking about storytelling -- I prefer Jessica in her own setting. That said -- some of those issues in her early stories were pretty bad -- especially that Enforcer/Scotty ere prior to Claremont coming in. But I liked that Spider-Woman had a different vibe than the Spider-Man books.

Maybe they should have made the Cat part of Spider-Man's cast back then -- because they definitely had a similarity -- maybe too similar? But that ship sailed long ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I feel Jessica and Peter are too far apart to work well as regular partners. If the criteria is purely sales, then yes. Putting her in his world would have helped. If you're talking about storytelling -- I prefer Jessica in her own setting. That said -- some of those issues in her early stories were pretty bad -- especially that Enforcer/Scotty ere prior to Claremont coming in. But I liked that Spider-Woman had a different vibe than the Spider-Man books.

Maybe they should have made The Cat part of Spider-Man's cast back then -- because they definitely had a similarity -- maybe too similar? But that ship sailed long ago.
    The possible The Cat x Spider-Man would had been golden if Greer was placed in the pages of ASM after her initial series ended. This way, Tony Isabella would not had been able to turn her into Tigra. As it stands, Tigra would had been perfect as a independent comics character than a Marvel character. Although, Greer could still fit into the world of Spider-Man as a Police Officer whose his close ally who knows he's Peter Parker. Perhaps there could be a a spider-verse timeline where The Cat and Spider-Man are allies, thus Greer avoids becoming Tigra...

With that said, Jessica and Peter could still be regular partners, along with Tigra and Captain Marvel. There is a dynamic that would open the door towards strong sales for their solo series. I think that some of Spider-Man rogues like Tombstone, Carnage, and Morlun would be a better fit for Jessica than Parker. Especially if Morlun is tied to the Hell Fire Club..

The fact that Jessica's vibe as Spider-Woman is different from Peter Parker's is why they would work well together as equal partners.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-31-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

But I prefer Jess in her own setting - with more of a noir feel sprinkles with oddities and noir. The writer of Jess's last series made it into too much straight action -- and the book suffered from it. Jess didn't seem like Jess to me.

No wonder this thread feels so familiar…

Jessica Drew and Peter Parker Team-Up?
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.