Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Why do threads like this give off a strong wish fulfillment vibe to me?

Anyway, the analogies are not perfect, but…

Do all mutants (Franklin Richards *cough*pre-retcon*cough*) have to regularly tie-in to the X-Men?
    Do all Asgardians like Valkyrie have to regularly tie-in to Thor?

Why not let Jess be her own character without having to tie her in to Peter's life more closely?

Just… why?

And Jess's mythology "not exciting" is a personal opinion.
    It's also questionable to want Spiders to get involved with Spidey when they get screwed over when that happens.

Spidey is like Barry in how everyone else who has the same powers gets treated with him around, and hell, even fan reactions are similar.

He's the main guy, everyone else aren't part of his comics, so being part of his setting does nothing unless the character gets a comic.

As for fan reactions, too many times people say that other Spiders make him less special and may or may not say that other Spiders should be killed off.

So yeah, Jessica staying away from him is a benefit lol.

This. Have her occasionally guest starring in Parker's titles. Explore her ties to other superheroes. She and Ben Grimm had a number of adventures together.

Frankly, I'm tired of the "anyone with 'spider' in their name should be a regular in Spidey's world" push. What next, the Greek spider-goddess Arachne or the African spider-god Kwaku Anansi appear on his doorstep?
    Funnily enough, Anansi debuted in ASM, and it's a possibility that he was the Great Weaver.

With Great Weaver basically not existing anymore though (His role was divided between The Other and Master Weaver), he has a lot less to do.

I remember that Hercules' ongoing said that Spidey is a representation of his idea or somethin' too, think it was in the final arc.

No wonder this thread feels so familiar…

Jessica Drew and Peter Parker Team-Up?
    The thread does feel familiar, and while I'm not surprised DarthFury78 made something like it before (And I did post in that other thread, so I just forgot about it), it felt familiar more so 'cause he parrots this idea a lot.

Curiously he always suggests women to team-up with Spidey too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Spider-Woman was borefest as a character period, so yes. Jessica didnt fit in a wacky yet down to earth sci fi world Spidey was nor could ever connect to him a interesting character since Spider-Man was just to fun and interesting a character in comparison.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Spider-Woman was borefest as a character period, so yes. Jessica didnt fit in a wacky yet down to earth sci fi world Spidey was nor could ever connect to him a interesting character since Spider-Man was just to fun and interesting a character in comparison.
    Spider-Woman could fit in the world of Spider-Man as his ally and close friend, as she does with Carol Danvers(also a friend of Parker until writer KSD destroyed it). There are plenty of stories to tell between Peter and Jessica. Isolating both characters is simply being stuck in the past, that provides no progression of the character's evolution.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-11-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    But I prefer Jess in her own setting - with more of a noir feel sprinkles with oddities and noir. The writer of Jess's last series made it into too much straight action -- and the book suffered from it. Jess didn't seem like Jess to me.
    Sometimes, a writer must think outside the box and use characters from other parts of the Marvel Universe by mixing thing up, like a trading card game deck to create a different story dynamic whose outcome is unpredictable. I feel that all the Spider-Woman writers want to focus on her past stories instead of using characters from Spider-Man and X-Men rogues. The Kingpin is a main stay in the pages of Daredevil, despite being a Spider-Man rogue. Hammerhead, Marlon, Mysterio, and Tombstone would make a great addition to Jessica's rogues. In other words, the previous Spider-Woman writers played it safe by sticking to past stories of the late 1970's to early 1980's series which has never done well. Jessica could still have her own unique stories, but let her appear in the pages of Spider-Man as often as Black Cat does. I have yet to see a Spider-Woman and Black Cat adventure. Marvel did a Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Gwen team-up series to attract female readers. Yet, Marvel would not produce a Spider-Woman and Spider-Man team-up series that would bring a lot of female readers to the book.

There are more female Spider-Man readers than Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew). Marvel should mix the two together once in a while. It might introduce more support for a future Spider-Woman series.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-11-2022 at 02:48 AM.

Well, it's a mute point now since the erased her in the new iteration of Spider-verse.

Spectacular Member

No. There'll always be a way for her to come back, provided the writers come up with an interesting idea. But Jessica has her own fights to do (same as Peter) when she returns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    No. There'll always be a way for her to come back, provided the writers come up with an interesting idea. But Jessica has her own fights to do (same as Peter) when she returns.
    What the hell is Jessica doing these days.

being captain marvel best friend but I'm pretty sure she had a solo series recently
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Had a kid and enjoyed a family life until she decided to take it for granted and push her boyfriend away, leaving her to look after the kid alone, luckily she's reconnected with Lyndsey McCabe

Astonishing Member

A story arc where both Jessica and Peter working together is long overdue. That's the only interesting idea that a writer should create a story on. Jessica can appear in both Captain Marvel and Amazing Spider-Man respectively. Peter, Carol, and Jessica are friends. We should have had a few stories with them working together in a non Avengers story arc...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Had a kid and enjoyed a family life until she decided to take it for granted and push her boyfriend away, leaving her to look after the kid alone, luckily she's reconnected with Lyndsey McCabe
    It would had been cool if Jessica left her son with Peter Parker to look after. Would had been an interesting bond between Gerry and Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The possible The Cat x Spider-Man would had been golden if Greer was placed in the pages of ASM after her initial series ended. This way, Tony Isabella would not had been able to turn her into Tigra. As it stands, Tigra would had been perfect as a independent comics character than a Marvel character. Although, Greer could still fit into the world of Spider-Man as a Police Officer whose his close ally who knows he's Peter Parker. Perhaps there could be a a spider-verse timeline where The Cat and Spider-Man are allies, thus Greer avoids becoming Tigra...

With that said, Jessica and Peter could still be regular partners, along with Tigra and Captain Marvel. There is a dynamic that would open the door towards strong sales for their solo series. I think that some of Spider-Man rogues like Tombstone, Carnage, and Morlun would be a better fit for Jessica than Parker. Especially if Morlun is tied to the Hell Fire Club..

The fact that Jessica's vibe as Spider-Woman is different from Peter Parker's is why they would work well together as equal partners.
    Honestly, I liked Greer as the cat more than I ever have as tigra.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A story arc where both Jessica and Peter working together is long overdue. That's the only interesting idea that a writer should create a story on. Jessica can appear in both Captain Marvel and Amazing Spider-Man respectively. Peter, Carol, and Jessica are friends. We should have had a few stories with them working together in a non Avengers story arc...
    One more issue with J & P fighting together would suffice. No more after.

Astonishing Member

One more issue with J & P fighting together would suffice. No more after.
    I would like to see some of Spider-Man's rarely used rogue characters appear in the pages of Spider-Woman. A few cameo appearances as Jessica Drew and Peter Parker hanging out and talking about their respective personal problems would be a welcome change. Just as Peter sometimes talks about his shared problems with Black Cat and Julia Carpenter respectively...

It would be cool to see Jessica Drew and Felicia Hardy working together as partners who travel the world together for the thrill of adventure....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-23-2022 at 01:01 AM.