Default Future of Department of Truth?

Hi all,

I see that there are solicitations for #22 in November amd for the vol 4 TP (which runs up to #22) in December.

Has anything been teased or revealed beyond that?

While it seems very unlikely (it's very early for such a dense series and setting), I hope the series isn't ending or going on hiatus

Does anyone have any info?

thanks!

Tynion said on Twitter last night there are at least 10 more issues coming, but if they need more to stick the landing, they will.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Here are the relevant tweets

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...smn-LGNkoT3FJQ

so short break after #22 then at least 10 more issues.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Here are the relevant tweets

so short break after #22 then at least 10 more issues.

-M
    Thank you! Good to know

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

depends on Oswald, doesn't it?
    or does it?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

If there ever was a landing to stick, this is it; If there is something I really hate about reading sequential comics, its being presented with just .. cool scenarios.. that just go somewhere, anywhere, south of sense, and the characters in the script just go "so, thats it" and thus, me, the reader is expected to accept that same lame try as an explanation/ending.
    However this has been just the mother of scenarios..Grant Morrisson himself is probably biting his nails somewhere..makes me feel like a junky, I want a COOL ENDING!

Quote Originally Posted by martianarts View Post
    If there ever was a landing to stick, this is it; If there is something I really hate about reading sequential comics, its being presented with just .. cool scenarios.. that just go somewhere, anywhere, south of sense, and the characters in the script just go "so, thats it" and thus, me, the reader is expected to accept that same lame try as an explanation/ending.
    However this has been just the mother of scenarios..Grant Morrisson himself is probably biting his nails somewhere..makes me feel like a junky, I want a COOL ENDING!
    This post had me rolling. The line about Morrison. Good stuff.

This has been one of the better series in recent years for sure - in all areas - especially the insane artwork. But its really going to come down to how it ends - so the jury, ultimately, is still out.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

I tried to explain this to someone but I find I can't, I'm not sure I know anymore... Can anyone say just what this's about? Imagine the collected edition is coming out, the big omnibus edition: how do you explain to someone what Dept. of Truth is about?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I tried to explain this to someone but I find I can't, I'm not sure I know anymore... Can anyone say just what this's about? Imagine the collected edition is coming out, the big omnibus edition: how do you explain to someone what Dept. of Truth is about?
    Ive only read the first 2 trades, waiting for the series to complete to read it all - but a simple (as simple as I can think of!) explanation I would give to a friend would be:

Its like a dark noir setup of Xfiles but the agents are investigating conspiracy theories. The cast is made up of both fiction and historical figures. Its a graphic novel look at very very current (and difficult) subject matter - the Qannon crowd, flat earthers, mass shooting deniers - intertwined with conspiracies throughout history. About how conspiracies can alter people's reality and vice versa. All wrapped up into insane vague and sketchy artwork that 1 thousand percent matches its subject matter - all displayed, written, and told in a way only comics can.

Theres never been a comics series quite like this - and would fit in with the best of the vertigo era.
    But like said earlier - if the ending doesnt pan out - it could fall to the dogs.

...or maybe im not bright enough to understand what its about - what do I know? heh.
    Last edited by Destro777; 12-24-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Well, made it up to and through new issue 22 and I'm glad I did. It does what I've been hoping would happen, bringing the story back to its beginnings. I don't need everything explained, but a few things set out, as promised this conclusion to be picked up next issue, will be most welcomed. Just a touch-base before taking off again, some reassurance there is a direction to the narration, that it's more than mere meandering along, oh-this-would-be-cool-if.

Incredible Member

I still have the last couple issues in my to-read pile. But did this book end or is on a long hiatus? If the latter, when is it expected to return?

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Basically an FBI agent gets recruited to a secret government agency that deals with conspiracy theories becoming real. Basically the world can be shifted by belief- if enough people believe that the world is flat- the world becomes flat.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I still have the last couple issues in my to-read pile. But did this book end or is on a long hiatus? If the latter, when is it expected to return?
    I trade waited it. It went on hiatus after issue 21 or 22.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Tynion explained on his Substack it’ll be back this year with around 15 final issues.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Back in June!!