Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Both your theories about X-men make a whole lot of sense. I can't quite picture what X-men comics would do with a mutant machine alliance, but I would love to find out the answer.

And it would be nice to see Moira get back to who she was before Inferno and see what she would do, not necessarily altruistically, but not as one notr as now.
    Well Sinister does have those Moira clones sitting in his basement so maybe they could be used down the line as a means to return Moira to being organic. Hell, given that the resurrection protocols have been shown to work on humans, they could even make use of it as a means to save Karima by separating her mind from Omega Sentinel especially since she’s a victim in this of her future counterpart.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ohhh, what if Moira finds out about the Moira clones. That could be interesting. Would she still be aware if one of those Moira's caused a reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well Sinister does have those Moira clones sitting in his basement so maybe they could be used down the line as a means to return Moira to being organic. Hell, given that the resurrection protocols have been shown to work on humans, they could even make use of it as a means to save Karima by separating her mind from Omega Sentinel especially since she’s a victim in this of her future counterpart.
    Not sure that's an attractive option... if Moira is downloaded into one of these clones and the clone later dies, she would awake a freshly cloned prisioner floating in a tank, damned to an eternity of being held there until killed, rinse and repeat...

Amazing Member

Well it was theorized by a lot of people from all the way back in the hox/pox mini that nimrod would eventually join the X-men so if the ultimate result of judgment day is resolving the conflict with Orchis in some that would be good. It would also explain why the writers decided we needed 3 more sinisters on the story cause SOS only shows us what the diamond wants. Not the other 3.

Also it explains why in the timeline chart there is no nimrod attacks after judgment day. I think the chart showed a moment called the storm empire so maybe fall of x is actually caused by mars and something happening to storm. Maybe she and Xavier go to war over bringing magneto back to life which leads to all the mutants choosing to leave krakoa to move to mars? Or Xavier just leaves which would be less interesting but still possible

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    With the exception of X-Force 33 next week, have all of the tie-in's been released now? I know in terms of the X-books they have but I'm also curious about the wider MU issues as well.
    Yes I think so

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I'm just laughing at all the posters, who were hating on AXE for not having enough mutants, and complaining that it was setting it up for Captain America be the one true savior.
    This issue, should definitively put a pin in that ridiculous take.

I am not usually a Nightcrawler guy - until recently he has just been the dead guy for Wolverine to feel sad about or a one dimensional goody two shoes. This issue really maintained his characterization, but allowed him to have more dimensions, and be the full engine of change. It was neat of Gillen to use the step-mother angle, to ultimately be able to convince Irene to stop withholding.
    The event is still ongoing.

This issue was just to get T-M10 to work with mutants to get the over-ride codes to the Earth Engine in time so that she doesn't succumb to Zombie Celestial's self destruct command (as seen in the DttM tie-in)

Steve still has to go rally the globe and humanity using his symbolism and sexxx appeal. And no doubt the Mutants are also still doing their part to end the threat.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-14-2022 at 09:24 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Not sure that's an attractive option... if Moira is downloaded into one of these clones and the clone later dies, she would awake a freshly cloned prisioner floating in a tank, damned to an eternity of being held there until killed, rinse and repeat...
    You know, that kinda raises an interesting question. If such a thing did happen, would Moira eventually be overwritten by the her of that timeline with that new Moira living until she dies at which point the cycle repeats again and again but with a new Moira each time?

I enjoyed Kurt more here than in Legion of X.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Y'know Moira being afraid of permanently dying would be resolved by just putting her in the protocols. Shes still a mutant so if they could back her up it wouldn't be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Y'know Moira being afraid of permanently dying would be resolved by just putting her in the protocols. Shes still a mutant so if they could back her up it wouldn't be an issue
    Or, in theory, wouldn't one of the Moira clones dying bring her back to life also? If it was old enough, it would give her the powers back too. Not that Moira, as she is currently, would be aware of that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Or, in theory, wouldn't one of the Moira clones dying bring her back to life also? If it was old enough, it would give her the powers back too. Not that Moira, as she is currently, would be aware of that.
    I am going to assume that sinister began using his system after finding out about moira and her powers from the Xavier post inferno. Otherwise you open a can of worms that sinister could be more responsible for krakoa existing that moira, Xavier, and magneto because he manipulated events behind the scenes to help them reach the conclusion that krakoa was the solution. And once you do that the entire story falls apart. Though it could be a way to end krakoa through a trap door by saying the entire krakoa arc is one long plan by mr sinister.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was a good issue for Kurt. The scene with Destiny and Mystique was heartbreaking, even knowing they will be back soon. It was nice to see a bit of their plans and get some idea of what's to come, although I am truly ready for this event to be over. Werneck's art keeps improving, and I do enjoy the beefcake.

I still really dislike this version of Moira and kind of hate that they are seeking a brief alliance with Orchis. Kurt should have just taken the opportunity to dump Moira and Nimrod into the Sun and tried to find, like Hank Pym or somebody. Omega Sentinel was nowhere to be found because now she and Moira are basically the same so there's no need for them both. I don't mind the idea of Moira becoming an antagonist to the mutants, but making her an Omega Sentinel knock off is such an unimaginative, uninspired direction.
    Who says either will be back soon. Mystique literally had to game the resurrection system to get her wife back. What’s to stop them putting both at the back of the queue and therefore killing two birds with one stone. No more Destiny, and nobody pushing on her behalf to bring her back.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unless Gillenister is That Bitch! (and he isn't) there is most certainly going to be some sort of large scale "reset" at the end of JD. All the Avengers besides Cap and Tony are still dead. And even if Marvel doesn't care about the X-Men...they certainly care about the Avengers to not let that stick.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    i don't get it, why does Kurt came in with Magik's portal, but makes Moira & Co. manually fly back to earth? Does Magik run out of portals? Callous writings like this ruin a nice issue.
    I wouldn’t allow Nimrod and Moira near Magik.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Who says either will be back soon. Mystique literally had to game the resurrection system to get her wife back. What’s to stop them putting both at the back of the queue and therefore killing two birds with one stone. No more Destiny, and nobody pushing on her behalf to bring her back.
    Given that the next issue of Immortal X-Men is quite literally Mystique's POV issue, I think its a safe assumption she'll be back. Granted, the solicits do make clear that the story is about events that already happened when Raven and Mystique were living in Victorian England, so it COULD still happen even if Raven's dead, and be a kind of eulogy....except every single other issue of Immortal has had the POV character directly narrating the issue, and that's the part I see being difficult if Raven's no longer here TO narrate her issue.

(Difficult, but not insurmountable. Theoretically it could be something like Raven's ghost or consciousness narrates the issue from the Waiting Room and its focused on past events from her life because she's not able to physically interact with the current narrative any more, but I do still think its unlikely she's dead. Whatever has her absent from Irene's visions in the future, I think its still something yet to happen, not a result of Judgment Day. After all, its not like Mystique's done anything to single herself out in the rest of the Quiet Council's eyes lately, so I'm not sure why they'd insist on keeping her dead at the risk of setting a precedent for their own enemies insist on the same the next time they end up dying.)