Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    i don't get it, why does Kurt came in with Magik's portal, but makes Moira & Co. manually fly back to earth? Does Magik run out of portals? Callous writings like this ruin a nice issue.
    More like F Moira. The traitor can find her own way back to Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    But Glob Herman raised his.
    Yeah, but he doesn't have people who would miss him.

i don't get it, why does Kurt came in with Magik's portal, but makes Moira & Co. manually fly back to earth? Does Magik run out of portals? Callous writings like this ruin a nice issue.
    Maybe as a trust thing? He's willing to sit with Moira and be at her mercy. He has more to lose here. Meanwhile, the other way runs the risk of the mutants trapping them in Limbo or something. It takes control away from Orchis.
    Last edited by Rift; 10-12-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Maybe as a trust thing? He's willing to sit with Moira and be at her mercy. He has more to lose here. Meanwhile, the other way runs the risk of the mutants trapping them in Limbo or something. It takes control away from Orchis.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I like the interesting angle of "Mars proves the Mutants could destroy Earth whenever they want" as propaganda, mainly because it's basically true

Such reset button coming at the end of this event with the Orchis Forge, Magneto, Krakoa, multiple Avengers etc wiped out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also: Proteus could make clothes the whole time? So he's been letting everyone be naked just because?
    Look at what Proteus chooses to wear around the house, it's pretty clear he's a nudist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Such reset button coming at the end of this event with the Orchis Forge, Magneto, Krakoa, multiple Avengers etc wiped out.
    Oh yeah. Sins of Sinister is probably part of that reset.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So why do you think Sinister's turtle and gun didn't work? Perhaps it's obvious and it went over my head, or it's a wild coincidence?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I like the interesting angle of "Mars proves the Mutants could destroy Earth whenever they want" as propaganda, mainly because it's basically true
    Eh, its just more fearmongering about mutant power or capabilities when that's literally been the justification everyone raises for hating/fearing mutants since the start of the franchise.

I'm still waiting for someone to raise the angle that if you focus on deeds rather than hypotheticals based just on the existence of powers, Mars/Arakko also exists to say "even though we have enough power to remake entire worlds, we'd rather terraform a whole new planet for the most warlike among us to live on than fight human nations for land."

Like, willfully disregarding HOW mutants use their powers in order to focus just on them HAVING powers is as fundamental to the mutant/human conflict as "mutants can be dangerous if they want to be."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Any country with nuclear weapons can do the same.

Xavier backing up Kurt live with Cerebra is better then the HoX feat he's gotten stronger

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Eh, its just more fearmongering about mutant power or capabilities when that's literally been the justification everyone raises for hating/fearing mutants since the start of the franchise.

I'm still waiting for someone to raise the angle that if you focus on deeds rather than hypotheticals based just on the existence of powers, Mars/Arakko also exists to say "even though we have enough power to remake entire worlds, we'd rather terraform a whole new planet for the most warlike among us to live on than fight human nations for land."

Like, willfully disregarding HOW mutants use their powers in order to focus just on them HAVING powers is as fundamental to the mutant/human conflict as "mutants can be dangerous if they want to be."
    To me, a lot of anti-mutant sentiment comes more from a place of projection than anything else, insofar as, "That's what we would do if we had mutant powers, so of course they can't be trusted with that kind of power!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

A repulsive comic. Get Gillen off the X-Books.

What was wrong with it? Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I really enjoyed this issue. It quickly reminded me of why I love Nightcrawler. The issue had plenty of heart and action - and it moved the story along. I was surprised with the Moira part in the end. I definitely await the next issue. I am glad I added this book to my pull list.