Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Well, we know Katrina certainly didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Flatscan bad, Avenger stinky.

That's really all you need to know tbh.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Actually...everyone is pretty much all the same now. And that's been one of the declines for me in Marvel comics for a long time, actually.

It used to be the Avengers were the Big Time Show doing the world crisis stuff. Sure, some other heroes came in for cameos or call-ups, but they were the main team for the big adventures. I could read their comics and think it was awesome, then turn to the X-Men who were totally different because were more grounded in reality and focused on worldly problems like bigotry and surviving, while they had the great SuperSchool coming of age stuff. Then, the X-Men went to space and everything (up to and including losing their school, which really made them different) and they seem to me to be more a second Avengers with their own little fiefdom than what used to be their own thing. And the other teams took the X-Men's spotlight too, with Avengers Academy and Strange Academy and their junior teams.

And Orchis isn't really that different than the QC with Emma, Sinister, and Shaw on it, at least in practice. One is working towards mutant supremacy (through Hellfire Trading's commercial extortion, RPs, extrajudicial wet work teams, and genetic manipulation) and the other on flatscan supremacy (through largely the same things?).

To me, all of the corners of the Marvel Universe are now pretty much the same now. There's little difference thematically between an Avengers book vs an X-Men book vs. an Eternals book. There are different backstories and colors, but you even have largely the same tropes on each of the different superhero Teams.

I know a lot of people feel differently, but I really want to go back to the Xavier Institute and the 'small ball' problems because that was when I loved Wolverine being gritty and intuitive and fitting into stories without me having to roll my eyes as to why he takes up a seat on a space ship when his powers are complete useless in cosmic space opera battles. (Another favorite of mine--Batman--suffers from this, too. They made him too damn awesome so that he is everything to everyone. I hate it because it suspends disbelief to have him in some of the stories they put him in. He can be the best at what he does as a vigilante detective and that's enough [for me].)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Well, we know Katrina certainly didn't help.
    She's forever cancelled.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Yada yada, I’ll continue making a fort of old Busiek Avenger’s issues for when the X-fandom comes for me. You won’t take me alive without at least a few knocked out eyes from the stupid foam hulk fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Yada yada, I’ll continue making a fort of old Busiek Avenger’s issues for when the X-fandom comes for me. You won’t take me alive without at least a few knocked out eyes from the stupid foam hulk fist.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

Well xforce 33 showed a dead celestial back in the north poll so the only question left is did they kill it or did it let itself be killed

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Is the Zombie Celestial a huge f*** up? Sure. However back in JD #2 the Hex were about to sunk Krakoa with the five and a huge chunk of the mutant population on it with no time for evacuation and it was only stopped by the ZC so in my eyes Tony, Ajak, Makkari, Phastos (and Sinister LOL) are the literal saviours of Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    Well xforce 33 showed a dead celestial back in the north poll so the only question left is did they kill it or did it let itself be killed
    Better question... Is that Celestial really dead?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The page specifies that it's dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Is the Zombie Celestial a huge f*** up? Sure. However back in JD #2 the Hex were about to sunk Krakoa with the five and a huge chunk of the mutant population on it with no time for evacuation and it was only stopped by the ZC so in my eyes Tony, Ajak, Makkari, Phastos (and Sinister LOL) are the literal saviours of Krakoa.
    That's like calling me a savior if I pulled you out of a burning building and then immediately tied you to a train track while a train was coming.

Amazing Member

It’s as dead as it feels like

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's like calling me a savior if I pulled you out of a burning building and then immediately tied you to a train track while a train was coming.
    Except tying mutants to a train track wasn't their intention and we know that the train will be stopped before it's too late, otherwise earth goes kaboom and we can't have that can we? Meanwhile ZC is killing some humans (since some posters here like saying death to flatscans I don't think they will care much) and mutants (as long as the five are safe it doesn't matter much) so yeah from my point of view Avengers, some Eternals and Sinister averted one catastrophie for a less damaging and ultimately reversible one for mutants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Except tying mutants to a train track wasn't their intention and we know that the train will be stopped before it's too late, otherwise earth goes kaboom and we can't have that can we? Meanwhile ZC is killing some humans (since some posters here like saying death to flatscans I don't think they will care much) and mutants (as long as the five are safe it doesn't matter much) so yeah from my point of view Avengers, some Eternals and Sinister averted one catastrophie for a less damaging and ultimately reversible one for mutants.
    That's cool but that's what being a savior is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't think any part of this story makes much sense. (At least to me...)

You have a bad guy who is written as too dumb to tie his own shoes (Druig) somehow getting control of Eternals and convincing them to fight a pointless war against an enemy who apparently completely and utterly outclasses them...except for Uranos who can solo a planet...but he's as dumb as Druig and does a half-assed job that leaves literally everyone important he was supposed to kill alive and able to fight back. (Good stories out of Red. Magento and Storm are some of the highlights of Judgement. But its hard to suspend disbelief on the Plot Induced Stupidity.)

Back to Earth...Druig and his Eternals are absolutely getting their asses handed to them across the board. Jack of Knives is like the best assassin ever...until he just isn't. Even their dreaded Hexes, which are supposed to be some kind of doomsday weapon, are just cannon fodder. Not only can Exodus solo these jobbers, but even the Wolverines are out there fighting them with their foot long claws. (Yes, skyscraper sized Hexes are somehow vulnerable to what amount to adamantium toothpicks? Sure Jan...)

And apparently someone should've told Sinister and Tony that their side was winning, because the two megalomaniacs in a room start doing narcissistic, ends justify the means mad scientist shit and see the whole thing as an opportunity to play god by implanting a dead Celestial they had to kill once with Tony's psyche. AND SUPPOSEDLY NO ONE SAW ANY PROBLEMS COMING FROM THAT???

But hey. Bygones are bygones. Now we're fighting a Celestial. Yay. We got a plan. It's a good one. Destiney is totally on board...

Psyche! First attempt is an auto loss. They never even make it out of the starting gate because Celestial knows everything and is powerful enough to cast an illusion on all of them. Game over. Right?

NO! There's an Erternals vote. But some Mutants somehow get in and the Eternals say, 'Hey cool. The more the merrier. You guys can vote in our elections, too!"

Hey. Now Starfox is in charge and sings Kumbaya or something. Which doesn't work either. Now almost everyone is dead. The most powerful heroes outside X-Men are toast. And the remaining heroes are gonna do the exact same thing that they couldn't get off the ground last time. But this time it's going to work. Right?

(Of course it is! Because Jean faced her Dark Night of the Soul about Dark Phoenix and will realize she was the entire Phoenix all along and...Dues ex Machina...Phoenix beats everything, including Celestials that to that point had it all over her.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought a big part of the problem was that the machine would keep resurrecting any fallen eternals and hex?