Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This was actually pretty good. I just think Spurrier needs the turn the notch down alittle.

Not every dialogue piece needs to be deep or have other meaning or sound more than it is; im sure theres a word for that but I dont have Spurrier's lexicon.

There's so much grandeur in his dialogue when there doesnt have to be.

I liked the art as well.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-12-2022 at 03:33 PM.

David predictably got the thumbs up.

I liked this issue and I still love Spurriers Legion. His moment with Magneto(his real dad) was my daily sugar intake.

Uranus is still zzzz...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This was actually pretty good. I just think Spurrier needs the turn the notch down alittle.

Not every dialogue piece needs to be deep or have other meaning or sound more than it is; im sure theres a word for that but I dont have Spurrier's lexicon.

There's so much grandeur in his dialogue when there doesnt have to be.

I liked the art as well.
    It's overwrought. Happens for a lot of reasons. A good editor would help w/that.

David needs a new design / look all his own.

Instead, we get people trying to shorthand his (amazing) 80s Sienkewicz nightmare-logic look which translates as buff troll doll in sweatpants.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Magnetos a better dad to Legion in this than he is to several of his actual children

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Magnetos a better dad to Legion in this than he is to several of his actual children
    Including the biological ones .

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I loved this moment between them, it made me remember that time Erik took care of Legion when he travelled back in time to kill Magneto because he thought that way Charles was going to be proud of him but lost his memory and ended as a patient of Magnus in a hospital on Israel.

Yes, the irony between this and his relationship with his kids could not be bigger even if marvel actually had them appear in the books or notice Magnus died again, itīs a crime Lorna doesnīt know yet when sheīs also from Krakoa. Still I think he has indeed tried to get close to his kids, itīs just that thereīs much baggage between him and them so they may get along sometimes but it will never be enough.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ahh, Legion Quest. One of my favorite stories of all time in both writing and art. Thanks for the reminder of the Israeli hospital scenes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahh, Legion Quest. One of my favorite stories of all time in both writing and art. Thanks for the reminder of the Israeli hospital scenes.

No problem loved that event and the way Spurrier introduced Erik as a father figure for Legion in this issue while respecting their story was great to see, because is true, they really donīt know each other but thereīs some potential there besides the fact they are both Jewish, they can relate in some areas. "He trusts me" which is kind of the source for his bad relationship with his father but it makes sense for Magneto to say this to him because he knows how powerful Legion is, that he has been working with Kurt and together stopped Onslaught and that he can trust him to protect Arrako.

I think David is on a journey of self- discovery and grown, in a way his illness occupied essential development years so heīs now playing catch up, the Celestial was right in calling him "child God" he didnīt have time to be a child before when he was in a coma and Legion Quest was kind of the first time he was himself, united, in one personality and Spurrier has been building around this.

My only complain is that I think Charles needs to be a little less one dimensional here, Yes he didnīt do a good job with Legion and did made a priority the X-men over his relationship with his Son but this doesnīt mean he has to become Legions antagonist or that their relationship canīt be healed in time.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

No problem loved that event and the way Spurrier introduced Erik as a father figure for Legion in this issue while respecting their story was great to see, because is true, they really donīt know each other but thereīs some potential there besides the fact they are both Jewish, they can relate in some areas. "He trusts me" which is kind of the source for his bad relationship with his father but it makes sense for Magneto to say this to him because he knows how powerful Legion is, that he has been working with Kurt and together stopped Onslaught and that he can trust him to protect Arrako.

I think David is on a journey of self- discovery and grown, in a way his illness occupied essential development years so heīs now playing catch up, the Celestial was right in calling him "child God" he didnīt have time to be a child before when he was in a coma and Legion Quest was kind of the first time he was himself, united, in one personality and Spurrier has been building around this.

My only complain is that I think Charles needs to be a little less one dimensional here, Yes he didnīt do a good job with Legion and did made a priority the X-men over his relationship with his Son but this doesnīt mean he has to become Legions antagonist or that their relationship canīt be healed in time.
    Those panels bring back such good memories. The art is just divine and I can't stress enough how much I love that story.

I truly hope this is the start of an upward trajectory for David in terms of growth as you said. And that it leads to less targeting of Charles and instead a path to some kind of amends to be made.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The "it was about here when Nightcrawler dropped the ball" line annoyed me. Like whatever man, Kurt is the MVP.
    IMO, this book is not kind to Kurt, i mean he was so much more impressive in the latest issue of Immortal X-men.

With all his infinite powers, shouldn't David been able to patch up Magneto's chest real quick before they left to finish Uranos?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    With all his infinite powers, shouldn't David been able to patch up Magneto's chest real quick before they left to finish Uranos?
    The story needed Magneto to be a martyr and it needed David to stalemate Uranus(even though he could crush him like a bug).
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The story needed Magneto to be a martyr and it needed David to stalemate Uranus(even though he could crush him like a bug).
    The version in Red was better. Having David meet up with them like this strains suspension of disbelief to a breaking point.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think this makes sense David has extremely powerful destructive powers and time travel habilities but heīs not a healer like Elixir or even a reality warper like Mr M or Betsyīs brother even if he has some command over matter. He could do what Magneto and Storm did, try to keep going on his body without a heart but until Elixir or somebody else was able to give him a new heart that was compatible with his blood there was not way to keep him alive in optimal conditions while he was fighthing off Uranus or stopping his machines from destroying Arakko. They had to do both at the same time so they had to decide who was going to each location.