• SIDEKICK #8

0 0%
  • SOUTHERN BASTARDS #4

15 55.56%
  • TECH JACKET #3

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Has to be Southern Bastards for me. Absolutely LOVE this comic and both the ending and the epilogue were totally unexpected. Thought Earl was going to be in the position of Coach Boss in the the final panels. Seriously cannot wait for the beginning of the new arc and so happy that Aaron and Latour are getting the gratitude they deserve for an outstanding book

Nailbiter #5 got my vote but Southern Bastards #4 & God Hates Astronauts #1 were both magnificent....Image killing it week after week.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

God Hates Astronauts #1 - I'm pretty sure the ink is LSD.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBaron View Post
    Southern Bastards for me. I've been considering it my favorite book of 2014, but wanted to wait for the first arc to finish. Got the issue, yeah this is my favorite series to come out this year.
    What exactly is this book about? I can't find a real good discription of it, everything I read about it is real vague

All-New Member

It's about an old man returning home to a small town in Alabama and **** goes down. The story is really good, but it's also just about the strong sense of setting. I'd say it's almost like Essex County only for the South rather than rural Canada. Strong setting and small town drama that spans generations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBaron View Post
    It's about an old man returning home to a small town in Alabama and **** goes down. The story is really good, but it's also just about the strong sense of setting. I'd say it's almost like Essex County only for the South rather than rural Canada. Strong setting and small town drama that spans generations.
    Would you say it has a bit of a Gran Torino vibe? Because if yes, I'm going to my LCS after work to pick up any issue they have.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Would you say it has a bit of a Gran Torino vibe? Because if yes, I'm going to my LCS after work to pick up any issue they have.
    Southern Bastards definitely has a Gran Torino vibe going. It is like a mix between Friday Night Lights and Gran Torino
    Black Science, Copperhead, Deadly Class, East of West, The Fade Out, Five Ghosts, Ghosted, Injustice, Invincible, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Southern Bastards, Spread,The Walking Dead, Wayward, XO Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by Davenex View Post
    Southern Bastards definitely has a Gran Torino vibe going. It is like a mix between Friday Night Lights and Gran Torino
    Sold. I'll report back in a day or two after I've caught up.

Another great week for Image Comics, but yeah, Southern Bastards was phenomenal.

Incredible Member

First week since I started reading Image in November 2013 that I did not pick up a single Image book. I'm sure I'm missing some good books, but I'm already reading WAY too many books. I won't know how to vote for the books on Sept 10...I'm picking up 5 from Image

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Giant Kung Fu Bible Stories.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison