Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She has shown up in the backround of a couple school scenes but she has not had a speaking role after that episode.
    That's because the character was voiced by Meryl Streep, a typical example of the Simpsons stunt casting.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's because the character was voiced by Meryl Streep, a typical example of the Simpsons stunt casting.
    It's been over two decades since that episode aired. A new actor is in order.

Invincible Member

I don't know what made me think of this, but there was a character called Cornflake on the first season of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He was a kid that went to the same school as Will and Carlton. I only remember him from a few episodes.

I don't think there was any scandal or anything. I think it was probably a case of the writers and producers figuring out the show worked better away from the school setting?

Fantastic Member

In the Cosby show, Theo's friend Cockroach who was a recurring character in seasons 2-4. The actor was let go in the middle of the fourth season because he refused to get his hair cut at Bill Cosby's request. He was only briefly mentioned by Theo in either a season 6 or 7 episode after his last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Not a child, but Henry Jefferson George's brother was a regular recurring character on All in the Family and was never even mentioned on the Jeffersons Archie and Edith even got mentioned but not Henry.

I think the reason that character was created to begin with was because Sherman Hemsley was always the creator's choice to play George Jefferson. However Hemsley wasn't available at the time, so they wrote in his brother to fill in for the roles George would have had.

And Henry actually did get mentioned in one episode of the Jeffersons. It was an episode where his son(played by Gary Coleman) came to visit George and Louise.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 12-04-2022 at 06:08 AM.