Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thanks for posting!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Because his mutant gift dwells within his mind..." Who could that be?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm guessing Caliban, and that's why he had to be incorporated into Forge's suit as like, a separate consciousness in order for Forge to make use of his power. Like this was Forge going straight to Sinister to get access to the DNA of the mutants whose powers he wanted to incorporate into the suit he was making (and that Jean called an abomination, hence the line from Sinister about Forge not being sure the vote would go his way if he told the Council exactly what he was doing with the suit and asked for permission). And Mystique's shape-shifting power, which we also saw incorporated into the suit, could just be genetically integrated into the suit's biotech organics, but because Caliban's power is wholly psionic, there was no way to do something similar with it, and he had to take a different approach - hence the face embedded in his suit and containing Caliban's psyche, or at least a copy of it.

(Sidebar, I really love this landscape for Krakoa and would find the island scenes so much more interesting and engaging - and Krakoa feel more like a place hundreds of thousands of mutants actually live - if the backgrounds more often looked like the first couple panels before the camera pulled back to reveal its just a large scale model).

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I totally do not understand this. Feeling quite stupid.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We are not quite stupid.
    Forge and Sinister are quite geniuses!
    We just can't understand their big minds!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm guessing Caliban, and that's why he had to be incorporated into Forge's suit as like, a separate consciousness in order for Forge to make use of his power. Like this was Forge going straight to Sinister to get access to the DNA of the mutants whose powers he wanted to incorporate into the suit he was making (and that Jean called an abomination, hence the line from Sinister about Forge not being sure the vote would go his way if he told the Council exactly what he was doing with the suit and asked for permission). And Mystique's shape-shifting power, which we also saw incorporated into the suit, could just be genetically integrated into the suit's biotech organics, but because Caliban's power is wholly psionic, there was no way to do something similar with it, and he had to take a different approach - hence the face embedded in his suit and containing Caliban's psyche, or at least a copy of it.
    This is brilliant and now I wonder who the third name could be, if indeed they're referring to Caliban here.

(Sidebar, I really love this landscape for Krakoa and would find the island scenes so much more interesting and engaging - and Krakoa feel more like a place hundreds of thousands of mutants actually live - if the backgrounds more often looked like the first couple panels before the camera pulled back to reveal its just a large scale model).
    The model just gave so much life to Krakoa and the design in actual real life would give it a cool futurist/Jetsons vibe.

Is that Cassara's art ? His Sinister is PERFECT !

Astonishing Member

This is brilliant and now I wonder who the third name could be, if indeed they're referring to Caliban here.
    That's what I'm most curious about. Assuming this is what's going on here, Forge has a secret third power included in his suit and narratively speaking, that's likely to be the biggest deal if its the one they keep secret the longest. Suggesting whatever it and its role in the story is, its 'bigger' than revealing Forge is wearing a whole other mutant like a T-shirt logo.

That's what I'm most curious about. Assuming this is what's going on here, Forge has a secret third power included in his suit and narratively speaking, that's likely to be the biggest deal if its the one they keep secret the longest. Suggesting whatever it and its role in the story is, its 'bigger' than revealing Forge is wearing a whole other mutant like a T-shirt logo.
    I bet that brain of yours could come up with an interesting theory or two, on which mutant the third could be that fits Forge's mission statement.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think the third name was Caliban's given his mutant-tracking powers are (in) his mind. And that's why it would be more complicated/problematic/difficult than acquiring Raven's power set/via DNA. There is still a third powerset to be revealed, though...in-terr-resting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Forge made a deal with Sinister and its going to bite everyone in the butt eventually.

My guess would also be Caliban. One thing I do know is that I am loving Cassara's art on this series. He's giving me Jerome Opena vibes which is always a good thing.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Doesnt Krakoa give everyone on it a free home, what's the point of real estate? Unless he means like human tourism?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I think it's safe to say it's Caliban he's referring to. I mean Issue #15 gave it away.

Also, yay a Krakoan Utopia too bad it's going to be Destroyed in Fall of X.

Krakoa was Fun while it lasted.