Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default The Official Futures End(Superman's side) Discussion

    Let's discuss Superman's role in Futures End...Yes, Billy included, since he is Superman now.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Can someone give us a little summary re what happens with Superman so far? I am not following the series but picking up some individual titles but interested to hear what happens to him.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Can someone give us a little summary re what happens with Superman so far? I am not following the series but picking up some individual titles but interested to hear what happens to him.
    It seems something happens that makes Superman quit and Shazam takes over the mantle.

  4. #4
    Incredible Member victorsage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It seems something happens that makes Superman quit and Shazam takes over the mantle.
    Hello. Victor Sage, former long time reader now medium type forum member. Why would Shazam just be Shazam? Why would the big red cheese want to become the big blue boyscout?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    Hello. Victor Sage, former long time reader now medium type forum member. Why would Shazam just be Shazam? Why would the big red cheese want to become the big blue boyscout?
    Who knows? They revealed that the masked Superman was Shazam like a week ago.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Minerboh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I think that it has something to do with the Superman/Batman Future's End tie in.
    The cover depicts Superman smashing a bat-mobile on Batman and in the Batman issues, he is depicted wearing what appears to be a supportive exo skeleton on his back.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member victorsage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Who knows? They revealed that the masked Superman was Shazam like a week ago.
    That's just odd. Shazam is a great hero on his own I don't think he should be demoted to Steel/Superboy/The Eradicator trying to bring back the Superman mantle. Shazam is inspiring and good on his own... lest he used to be written that way.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,881

    Default

    Only real clue we have from Kal is that he claims he doesn't want his powers used for evil and feels he should be helping in smaller ways. Whatever that means.

    And whether it has to do with his leaving the role behind or not, count me as one who totally thinks Superman breaks Bruce's back.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-03-2014 at 04:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    That's just odd. Shazam is a great hero on his own I don't think he should be demoted to Steel/Superboy/The Eradicator trying to bring back the Superman mantle. Shazam is inspiring and good on his own... lest he used to be written that way.
    Don't know....but right now...he is Superman.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member victorsage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Don't know....but right now...he is Superman.
    Well... that's stupid. lol. Oh well I'll just shut up. I bitch to much about this stuff as it is. That just really surprises me though.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Only real clue we have from Kal is that he claims he doesn't want his powers used for evil and feels he should be helping in smaller ways. Whatever that means.
    That's...confusing. It's not as if his powers are so super special that whatever he's afraid of couldn't be done with other heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, etc. It's also not as if Doomed has shown us that even when in a precarious Superdoom state, he couldn't stay away from helping people. I hope when the whole truth is illuminated, it'll make more sense than the vague explanation we've gotten so far.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    Hello. Victor Sage, former long time reader now medium type forum member. Why would Shazam just be Shazam? Why would the big red cheese want to become the big blue boyscout?
    I believe this will be explained in Superman Futures End written by Dan Jurgens coming later this month.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    That's just odd. Shazam is a great hero on his own I don't think he should be demoted to Steel/Superboy/The Eradicator trying to bring back the Superman mantle. Shazam is inspiring and good on his own... lest he used to be written that way.
    What the Hell. Superboy and Supergirl can do and be just as Good as Superman, and if written right those 2 can do a lot better. Superboy and Supergirl Can be just as good. Don't bs.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member victorsage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    What the Hell. Superboy and Supergirl can do and be just as Good as Superman, and if written right those 2 can do a lot better. Superboy and Supergirl Can be just as good. Don't bs.
    Honestly I don't really care about the idea of the mantel of Superman passing onto Superboy or Supergirl. That if anything makes some kind of sense. The idea of Shazam giving up his superhero identity and taking Supermans is odd. Shazam is his own hero, with his own following and style. He doesn't need to pretend to be Clark. So I don't know what your bitching about, because I never said Superboy or Supergirl couldn't take up Clark's mantel, just that Shazam has his on identity to live up to.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,881

    Default

    A little more info; it appears that among the superhero community, that Superman is Billy Batson is not a secret. At least, Stormguard (a new hero, almost a Captain America type), seems to know and treats it as no big thing when Lois asks him about it.

    I'm getting a funny feeling Diana died. I know we've seen Wonder Woman, but I'm wondering if its Diana, much in the same way that Superman turned out not to be Kal-El.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-04-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •