Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Kara it seems went all "cyborg supergirl" in five years,and kon has been depowered plus is on a obsessive mission to did the world of his clones( atleast that's what I get from the preview).so they are busy, if they wasn't I might have a slight issue myself.
    Damn. That sucks. Kon is killing clones now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Damn. That sucks. Kon is killing clones now?
    Either they are like the krytpton clones that are all crazy so he needs to take them down,OR he will find another way to take care of them.

Oh and btw this kon is no Boy Scout,but I don't think he is a antihero either,more like Wonder Woman than the Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    About the war....is that coming next year?
    well from all the talk thats what is to happen, but who knows DC may change their minds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Judging from the things he's said thus far (though admittedly slight), he's given up using the bulk of his powers and going by the Superman name. He hasn't given up helping people. Case in point and to use KC as the obvious frame of reference, he's not hiding out all alone in his Fortress having cast off the world, rather he's in Ethiopia trying to feed the country by creating viable soils. That's the one thing that makes the idea a little different, but a lot better, imo, this time around. His hang-up is with himself, something he did, not being mad at the people and punishing them.
    Yeah, at least that. It should be something that was regularly shown in continuity, not only in this semi-AU. They are falling back on making him a reactive problem solver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Who says he left her? You're just assuming. Absolutely nothing saying yet that she doesn't know exactly where he is and what he's doing. Nothing saying they weren't even together anymore during the war. There's nothing saying a lot of things yet.
    Well, at any rate she didn't give up fighting. Even with him not giving up completely, she very probably suffered as much and probably much more than him, but she didn't consider herself a special little flower with morals above all around her like DC will probably do to Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Well, at any rate she didn't give up fighting. Even with him not giving up completely, she very probably suffered as much and probably much more than him, but she didn't consider herself a special little flower with morals above all around her like DC will probably do to Supes.
    That's such a horrible mentality to give Clark, if they indeed have given him that mentality once again. In the last story Siegel and Shuster wrote with full control of their character "The K-Metal From Krypton" Clark makes the point that even if he didn't have power's he wouldn't stop being Superman. Granted this is the same story they refused to publish, and also took power away from them as far as how much creative control they have on the character. Still it's obvious that Siegel's Superman would never stop so long as he physically could do anything. They didn't turn him into Moral Orel the emotionally/ethically crippled hero.

Course Siegel's Superman isn't defined by his powers, or by some morality code. He does what he can to make the world right, he doesn't sit on the sidelines when people need him.
    Last edited by victorsage; 09-09-2014 at 05:28 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    That's such a horrible mentality to give Clark, if they indeed have given him that mentality once again. In the last story Siegel and Shuster wrote with full control of their character "The K-Metal From Krypton" Clark makes the point that even if he didn't have power's he wouldn't stop being Superman. Granted this is the same story they refused to publish, and also took power away from them as far as how much creative control they have on the character. Still it's obvious that Siegel's Superman would never stop so long as he physically could do anything. They didn't turn him into Moral Orel the emotionally/ethically crippled hero.

Course Siegel's Superman isn't defined by his powers, or by some morality code. He does what he can to make the world right, he doesn't sit on the sidelines when people need him.
    We've seen this in the more recent past, too. During Crisis of the Crimson Kryptonite and Final Night Superman loses his powers, but continues on anyway. In Austin's run he was massively de-powered at one point and still goes after any heavy hitter causing trouble.

My idea of Superman is that he does not quit.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    We've seen this in the more recent past, too. During Crisis of the Crimson Kryptonite and Final Night Superman loses his powers, but continues on anyway. In Austin's run he was massively de-powered at one point and still goes after any heavy hitter causing trouble.

My idea of Superman is that he does not quit.
    He quit in Whatever happened to the man of Tomorrow. There was nothing wrong with him, he just quit over moral reasons. He felt that since he had to take a life to beat the bad guy he no longer deserved his powers so took them away. We don't know what Superman had to do in the war so him feeling like he doesn't deserve to be Superman may be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    He quit in Whatever happened to the man of Tomorrow. There was nothing wrong with him, he just quit over moral reasons. He felt that since he had to take a life to beat the bad guy he no longer deserved his powers so took them away. We don't know what Superman had to do in the war so him feeling like he doesn't deserve to be Superman may be similar.
    All of Superman's villains had been defeated by the time he retired in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, so there was less of an imperative for Superman stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    That was an incredibly stupid aspect of the story though. I get that the point of the story was to give a reason to "retire" for the silver age Superman, but honestly they should have just had him retired not give up his powers. I always hated the idea that he gave up all his powers, that is so incredibly selfish and stupid I can't begin to describe it. Heaven help the world if an enemy or event only the Silver Age Superman could stop shows up in that universe, cause that world's greatest defender gave up everything because he was feeling guilty. I'd of loved for someone to show up, anyone honestly to have called him out as a moralistic ******* during that moment, and reminded him that he had a responsibility to protect the universe, and all of creation can't afford him giving up the powers he was blessed with forever because he feels guilty. If he just sat back afterwards and wasn't active afterwards that would be one thing, but that "Superman can never kill" crap was beyond detrimental to his character imo.

Just another reason to love the Golden Age Superman. Gangster attempts to run him over he just throws them off a bridge, he doesn't stat crying to himself about it either he just moves on with his desire to make the world a better place the best he can. He stops wars, stands up for the oppressed, and does what Superman does. He saves the day.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    All of Superman's villains had been defeated by the time he retired in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, so there was less of an imperative for Superman stick around.
    How about the "Never ending Battle for Truth, Justice and the American way".

It the no kill rule of american comics and cartoons is why I became such a fan of comic magazines ike Judge Dredd, Heavy Metal and Japanese Manga and Anime. it wasn;'t the PC bull i'd grown up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    This is a thread about discussing the Futures End series (Superman's role).
    Which can include discussion about Shazam as a character and whether or not his role as Superman within Future's End is a good fit for him.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Seriously, just what happened to Superman during that War or what exactly did he do anyway.. Lots of teasing again in today's Batman/Superman one-shot. In Superman/Wonder Woman as well, but not as much.

I do wonder, did Billy/Shazam just "steal" the Super mantle after he noticed that Superman was missing or was it a case of getting some interaction with Clark/Superman and realizing that he was going to disappear, talked to him about taking over the "name".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    I do wonder, did Billy/Shazam just "steal" the Super mantle after he noticed that Superman was missing or was it a case of getting some interaction with Clark/Superman and realizing that he was going to disappear, talked to him about taking over the "name".
    I think it was a JL decision.

I hope in superman #17 they reveal what superman did that made him quits