Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Billy will probably say the world needs Superman. But it seems everyone knows that Clark abandon them.

So what we got thus far is:

Kal alluding to doing something in the war he's not proud of.
    Kal alluding to not wanting to use his powers, at least not the bulk of them, rather help in smaller ways.
    He was massively upset over something Bruce chose to do during the war, enough for him to express his anger by smashing through the Batcave then disappearing.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So what we got thus far is:

Kal alluding to doing something in the war he's not proud of.
    Kal alluding to not wanting to use his powers, at least not the bulk of them, rather help in smaller ways.
    He was massively upset over something Bruce chose to do during the war, enough for him to express his anger by smashing through the Batcave then disappearing.
    I may be stupid for asking this, but did he put Bruce to the hospital as a result of the Batcave havoc or were those war injuries? I feel like it wasn't all that clear.
    Last edited by AwesomeUsername; 09-18-2014 at 02:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I bought Future's End last week even though I've been ignoring the story. Put Lois Lane on the cover and I'm powerless to not pick it up. Was fairly certain that "masked Superman" was Kon or John Henry Irons (which would make sense). Don't mind it being Billy, he's a better character than Kon and he realizes the innate power of the symbol of the House of El, so that's cool. Dig Henry Cavill hanging out in Africa and rocking that cool beard. Not bad. Just tired of all these "SUPERMAN GETS SAD AND QUITS" stories. That's just not what he does.
    Kon would be way better being the next Superman, if it wasn't for the Virus he has. Billy Batson doesn't make sense at all he's he gets his powers from a Magical Being and is a totally difference in Origins and Contrasts. Shazam should be his own self and stand on his own. Billy Batson being Superman is a dumb move, as now Shazam doesn't have any of his own Captiain Marvel family and stories in this DCNU which is sad. Billy Batson needs his own Family, Mythos, and Rogues. Not be an extension of the superman family.

What DC did is almost destroying the Whole Billy Batson/Shazam mythos by making a total 180 degree turn which is bad.

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    Kon would be way better being the next Superman, if it wasn't for the Virus he has. Billy Batson doesn't make sense at all he's he gets his powers from a Magical Being and is a totally difference in Origins and Contrasts. Shazam should be his own self and stand on his own. Billy Batson being Superman is a dumb move, as now Shazam doesn't have any of his own Captiain Marvel family and stories in this DCNU which is sad. Billy Batson needs his own Family, Mythos, and Rogues. Not be an extension of the superman family.

What DC did is almost destroying the Whole Billy Batson/Shazam mythos by making a total 180 degree turn which is bad.
    You do realize that Futures End is a dystopian future story that isn't going to actually be the canon future of the New 52 right?

Billy took up the mantle of Superman in this future, but he isn't suddenly a member of the Superman family in the main continuity.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anyone get a feeling this is leading toward a big SUPERMAN RETURNS moment? We've already seen that no one else can stop Brainiac. Brainiac is terrified of Kal-El, and Billy has proven to not be a strong enough replacement.

Actually I think its leading toward a big Kal-El Dies moment. But if so in a massively heroic way I'd imagine.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can see that too, but I'd say he goes down swinging hard.

Looking at the BM/SM issue, the theme throughout it is Batman needing Superman multiple times and Superman not showing up.

So I wouldn't be surprised if, once Bruce starts appearing in the weekly, he comes upon a bad spot where he's at his wits end, and this time Superman shows up.

Actually I think its leading toward a big Kal-El Dies moment. But if so in a massively heroic way I'd imagine.
    Where you get that idea?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    I may be stupid for asking this, but did he put Bruce to the hospital as a result of the Batcave havoc or were those war injuries? I feel like it wasn't all that clear.
    They were the result of his fight with Metallo. He was impatient and unprepared, just like he was during the war.

Wouldn't be suprised given all the Kryptonite that Bruce has lying around if he activated some sort of device to use Superman as a weapon against his will. Bruce normally loves to make himself seem like he's some sort of genius savant, but really he's just a rich impetuous brat. They never see that through, though. Superman is constantly the victim of DC editorial's character assassination. When they don't take him off the page completely in a big event until almost at the last second, they create some reason for him to be a wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Where you get that idea?
    Futures End #31 solicit and cover. Someone dies, and Wonder Woman and Lois Lane are pretty prominent in sad poses. The silhouette of the man in the coat overlooking a gravestone to me looks like Constantine, whose currently trying to get Kal to take up the fight again.

Of course these were just my first impressions, they can and probably will be way off.

Futures End #31 solicit and cover. Someone dies, and Wonder Woman and Lois Lane are pretty prominent in sad poses. The silhouette of the man in the coat overlooking a gravestone to me looks like Constantine, whose currently trying to get Kal to take up the fight again.

Of course these were just my first impressions, they can and probably will be way off.
    Got the cover?

Hmm...if it really IS Superman. Him dying so soon would be a waste...I don't think it's him...but I could be wrong.