Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's certainly some room there I think, it's an era three times longer than the Clone Wars.

Although there's been some stuff in-between with Anakin and Obi-Wan (Some comics) Padme (The YA novels) and even Ahsoka's early years, etc. I'm sure they can figure out some more stuff to fill the gap.
    There's a lot of room for various Jedi in that time frame (Baylan!), so they could have a main book following Obi-Wan and Anakin, another following some other Jedi (Windu is an obvious choice, but there are a lot of options), Jango covers the bounty hunters, then a Dooku/Ventress book or a political Sheev/Padme book (it's unfortunate that Anakin can't run into Padme in this time frame, so they'd have to do some location gymnastics if they did a big event). They can't have a huge event that makes you wonder why there wasn't a Republic Army formed before AotC, but there's a lot of galaxy to explore and just tell fun stories
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    There's a lot of room for various Jedi in that time frame (Baylan!), so they could have a main book following Obi-Wan and Anakin, another following some other Jedi (Windu is an obvious choice, but there are a lot of options), Jango covers the bounty hunters, then a Dooku/Ventress book or a political Sheev/Padme book (it's unfortunate that Anakin can't run into Padme in this time frame, so they'd have to do some location gymnastics if they did a big event). They can't have a huge event that makes you wonder why there wasn't a Republic Army formed before AotC, but there's a lot of galaxy to explore and just tell fun stories
    They can even make a book about Aphra's parents .

Padme during this era actually sends Sabe to Tatooine to work on the slavery issue (Marvel sort of addressing a common complaint of the prequels) and other missions. The character of course became a major part of Greg Pak's Darth Vader, with Sabe trying to somewhat redeem Vader, with in part her resemblance to Padme.

Although like with Palpatine and Vader frequently coming to blows and Vader's armor constantly getting damaged but him surviving just fine it sort of cheapens parts of ROTJ IMO.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Latest issue of Vader has General Pryde from Rise of Skywalker make an appearence.

Somehow I feel that this arc will probably finally get rid of Sly Moore, explaining perhaps why she isn't part of the Emperor's entourage in ROTJ (Neither is Mas Amedda, although it's confirmed he survived ROTJ and was presumably running Coruscant when Palpatine died the first time at Endor).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Somehow I feel that this arc will probably finally get rid of Sly Moore, explaining perhaps why she isn't part of the Emperor's entourage in ROTJ (Neither is Mas Amedda, although it's confirmed he survived ROTJ and was presumably running Coruscant when Palpatine died the first time at Endor).
    Things aren't looking good for her.

Probably going to die perhaps as a test of Vader's loyalty, explaining why they're relatively chummy at the start of ROTJ despite all of the fights they've been having lately.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Mace Windu was a decent start but I think it suffered by not including the preview we previously saw in the sampler. Sure, if you're like me and picked that up that sampler a month back you understood how this issue opened but if you picked this up simply because you liked the cover you're missing half the story.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Mace Windu was a decent start but I think it suffered by not including the preview we previously saw in the sampler. Sure, if you're like me and picked that up that sampler a month back you understood how this issue opened but if you picked this up simply because you liked the cover you're missing half the story.
    I'm liking the dialogue more than the last Windu mini.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm liking the dialogue more than the last Windu mini.
    It's definitely a lot better and I loved the noir/heist feel to it, I think it just would have read better if it included the scene from the sampler.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Well, Kitster's back again. Along with Sabe going to probably meet Luke and this being the 20th anniversary of TPM I kind of expect Pak's references to the film to go into overdrive.

Next arc probably will have Watto and the origins of Jar-Jar becoming a street clown.

The last Star Wars issue was pretty good IMO, Luke finally resolving to save his father after experiencing a vision in the Sith crystal and choosing the green lightsaber crystal.

Next is Lando's trial, presumably leading to his exoneration and infiltration of Jabba's palace.

Seems all that needs to be done is the Bothans-the Rebels already know there is a second Death Star of course, but remember in ROTJ the Bothans mainly pinpoited it's location and the Emperor's visit.

Kind of curious how they will depict the Bothans, as the legends EU was very inconsistent with their artistic depiction, apart from "mammal" pretty much-they were drawn at times as elves, dogs, cats, horses, camels etc. depending on the artist.

Kind of miss the days when it presumed Prune Face was one.