Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think it's sort of been confirmed that Sith force ghosts are a thing in the canon, we see it with the Inquisitor (Although there seem to be two contradictory versions, one a good one in the Lothal temple and another 'evil' one employed by Vader), the ones we see in the original Clone Wars finale (Yoda on Moriband) and of course presumabely that's how Palpatine made it to his second(?) body and how he would possess Rey.

Going by the comics at least,They generally don't seem to be as powerful or content as Jedi ones, and seem to 'haunt' certain locations or objects (Again, with the exception of Palpatine?) while Jedi ghosts seem to have more freedom to pop up in different places rather than where they died.

BTW although I brought it up in another thread, any thoughts on Lando and Holdo?
    Since he's wandering, I'm thinking Dooku is more of the Jedi type of force ghost. I wonder if what Dooku has to say to his former master has anything to do with Yoda's initial misgivings on teaching Luke.

And I don't mind Holdo and Lando together, he had a thing for Leia so why no go for her friend?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-25-2023 at 07:27 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Jody Houser's new Yoda story with Count Dooku was a fantastic story, can't wait to see the conversation he has with Yoda as a force ghost.

Does it make sense that Dooku could be a force ghost? No, but I really want to see what they talk about; does Dooku regret falling for Palpatine's seduction? Does he have advice on Luke?
    Glad to hear good things about the new Yoda book .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad to hear good things about the new Yoda book .
    The first three parter was a decent enough riff on Yojimbo but this new one by Houser about Dooku seems much more interesting.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Seems the next big event will be elaborated on April 10th, seems to be a droid rebellion or something probably involving Ajax Sigma.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Seems the next big event will be elaborated on April 10th, seems to be a droid rebellion or something probably involving Ajax Sigma.
    I've been pretty bored to tears by the droid thing...so yeah that's probably the direction they're going in.

Dark Droids is the title.

Regardless of the quality of both Marvel and Dark Horses's SW crossovers in the past, they usually had pretty cool titles. But Dark Droids, really? They couldn't think of anything better? "The Metal scourge" or something would at least sound like a Star Wars title.

Dark Droids is the title.

Regardless of the quality of both Marvel and Dark Horses's SW crossovers in the past, they usually had pretty cool titles. But Dark Droids, really? They couldn't think of anything better? "The Metal scourge" or something would at least sound like a Star Wars title.
    Dark Horse's events were definitely better, these Marvel ones have been dreadful. They just don't need 6-10 issues to tell these stories; if they were 3-4 they'd have been much better.

Did the Crimson Dawn event even end?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did the Crimson Dawn event even end?
    It just did, and rather poorly too. I mean, going in to it you knew it wasn't going to achieve anything as we knew the Empire was still around for Return of the Jedi but it seemed even more perfunctory that she'd lose in the way it was executed.

Think the Qi'ra being slightly responsible for the victory at Endor by her people discovering it and distracting the Empire from the Rebel fleet being assembled is once again Star Wars "Small universe" happening.

It's almost as ridiculous as Vader facing a sandstorm in a pod racer to rescue Padme's former decoy handmaiden with help from Kitster and Wald. I wish I was making that up.

Kind of wondering if the monthly will bother with the Bothan mission at this point, although to be fair it's never said they discovered the Death Star was being made in ROTJ's dialogue, just where it was being built and Palpatine's visit...which of course Palpatine let them know about in the first place.

It was actually a fairly big deal in the post-ROTJ Legends EU, the Bothans using their part in defeating the Empire to gain substantial political power.

I picked up Dark Droids hoping it was going to be decent...but it was possibly the worst start I've read in a while. Looks like I won't be picking up much in the way of Star wars comics for a while.

Still kind of curious how long they'll build to JEDI and what they'll do after. Luke now has the black outfit and the green lightsaber is coming very soon, Death Star II has been introduced....there's still Dark Droids and the force going haywire of course still going on.

So I guess the Scourge is the Spark Eternal? Think that Dr. Aphra storyline went on too long as it was.

So I guess the Scourge is the Spark Eternal? Think that Dr. Aphra storyline went on too long as it was.
    Yeah, it's a pretty terrible plot to continue.

At least now it seems like Aprha is trying to be a better person...maybe?