Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

After the sheer excellence that was the first season of Andor, I now want a 12-issue Marvel series that shows us the year gap between season's one and two.

I'm prepared to be disappointed if they were to do it, but I still want to see it.

Or maybe give me a comic about my now new favorite Star Wars character, Mon Mothma.

Galactic Senate intrigue for the win!

Marvel used to do a miniseries for practically almost every character for a few years but that seems to have slowed down a bit since High Republic and the ongoing Qi'ra stuff started happening, although there's a current Han & Chewie mini I think and an Obi-Wan one, with a Yoda one shortly. So maybe a Mothma series is on the way.

One thing I'm kind of curious about, was she ever really an outlaw? Maybe she wasn't present at the battle of Yavin because she had to go back to Coruscant to close her senate office or something LOL.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Tobei Miyake View Post
    After the sheer excellence that was the first season of Andor, I now want a 12-issue Marvel series that shows us the year gap between season's one and two.

I'm prepared to be disappointed if they were to do it, but I still want to see it.

Or maybe give me a comic about my now new favorite Star Wars character, Mon Mothma.

Galactic Senate intrigue for the win!
    I'd be into Cassian going back to Kassa and finding out what happened to it after he left. Maybe it could also cover what happened to his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Marvel used to do a miniseries for practically almost every character for a few years but that seems to have slowed down a bit since High Republic and the ongoing Qi'ra stuff started happening, although there's a current Han & Chewie mini I think and an Obi-Wan one, with a Yoda one shortly. So maybe a Mothma series is on the way.

One thing I'm kind of curious about, was she ever really an outlaw? Maybe she wasn't present at the battle of Yavin because she had to go back to Coruscant to close her senate office or something LOL.
    I think there was a story by Alexander Freed in the ANH "From a Certain Point of View" novel where Mothma was debating what to do whether they succeeded in destroying the Death Star or not, but that's not strictly canon.

Mon Mothma also had a son in the old EU who gets killed in the battle of Hoth. Her daughter was also in the original EU (although nowhere near to this extent) and is sort of a canon transplant like Thrawn and others to the new version.

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be into Cassian going back to Kassa and finding out what happened to it after he left. Maybe it could also cover what happened to his sister.
    If going by what Diego Luna said, I'm not sure if we're ever going to know that.

Do you think that Cassian's search for his sister is over?

LUNA: I don't think so. I don't think it's over. I don't think it's ever over. I don't think it's over in Rogue One, because I see that as one thing. It's like the feeling, it's one of those things that kind of follow every decision you make, or never letting [go] anymore, not again. That kind of thing. And I think that's behind the decision of that last mission, that suicide mission in Rogue One. That's for her. That's for Maarva, that's for his people, for his community. I love the arc that Tony has built, and the arc ends in Rogue One, not in Season 2. I think it's going to be quite amazing to watch Rogue One after you see Season 2. I think you'll see a different film. For sure, you'll understand the character from a different perspective, and you'll be with him in a different way.
    It may just be one of those Star Wars mysteries. Like who are Han Solo's parents.

An Andor character that they could further explore in the comics is Luthen Rael.

LUTHEN RAEL

A mysterious man with an eye for valuable finds, Luthen Rael will go to great lengths and traverse the galaxy to locate the pieces he needs to achieve his goals. A chameleon in dress and identity, Luthen capably hides behind countless faces and identities as the need arises. At his disposal he keeps all manner of exotic tools, including his cleverly modified Fondor haulcraft starship.
    There's maybe a few story ideas with him. Probably maybe.

It'd be interesting to have a younger Luthen in the Clone Wars, perhaps.

Or given that they seem to have a shared interest for galactic lore, maybe he'll meet a younger version of Lor San Tekka (The guy who gives Poe the map at the beginning of the ST, but also a guy who helped Luke find Jedi artifacts and lore, including the location of Ach-To, naturally)

Quote Originally Posted by Tobei Miyake View Post
    If going by what Diego Luna said, I'm not sure if we're ever going to know that.

It may just be one of those Star Wars mysteries. Like who are Han Solo's parents.

An Andor character that they could further explore in the comics is Luthen Rael.

There's maybe a few story ideas with him. Probably maybe.
    They did give Han a family in the old Expanded Universe stories tho. So I wouldn't rule it out completely. Andor is one of the most interesting Star Wars casts so I don't mind a spinoff focusing on any of them.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-29-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Yeah I think it's implied he might've come from Correlian royalty or something like that, and "Solo" was an actual family name rather than what the Imperial recruiter gave him.

He also had an evil cousin. It's kind of funny, the Drew Struzan book cover illustration of him (Behind Han) seems to be heavily based on Bearded Ford from early in the "Fugitive" movie (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Assault_at_Selonia).

Just ordered the War of the Bounty Hunters omnibus. What was everyone's opinions on that event? I felt like I found very mixed responses to it when I looked around before ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Just ordered the War of the Bounty Hunters omnibus. What was everyone's opinions on that event? I felt like I found very mixed responses to it when I looked around before ordering.
    I think it was okay, even if it didn't need to be an event. There was some cool stuff/character interaction that happened in it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    I liked the start of it with Boba entering a fight club and calling himself Jango...but it devolved pretty fast after that. I think that event was when I really started to sour on Soule, occasionally he's still decent(The main Star Wars book is doing okay) but a lot of times his writing is just so exposition heavy and the pacing is just so drawn out it isn't funny.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Pretty much brought back Qi'ra, who seems to kind of be Soule's pet character along with the original Ren.

Latest Vader issue dealt with Dorme, the Rose Byrne handmaiden from AOTC, who tries to look like Sabe onboard the Executor. Sabe's actually on a planet with Wat Tambor's (From the Clone Wars/prequel trilogy) grandson.

Kind of wondering if she'll figure out Vader is Anakin-who she met briefly in AOTC-as well. He of course has already figured out she's not Sabe.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Oochi continues to be the worst part of the Darth Vader book. His pseudo-jive dialogue is just so grating, and he's just plain useless. He's like a lackey from a bad 80's Saturday morning cartoon which just doesn't fit the tone of the book.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!