Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Was MM involved in crossovers?
    Off the top of my head, I don't remember any. There were tie-in one shots like the "DC 1 Million" issue, but no direct crossovers.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It's been forever and I didn't recall any, but your mention of possibly skipping issues (which I guess could be fill-ins, but again...) made me think I was forgetting something. If they don't collect the entire run I'm going to throw such a tantrum. I've wanted this to get collected forever and never thought there was any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    It's been forever and I didn't recall any, but your mention of possibly skipping issues (which I guess could be fill-ins, but again...) made me think I was forgetting something. If they don't collect the entire run I'm going to throw such a tantrum. I've wanted this to get collected forever and never thought there was any chance.
    Also off the top of my head - I don't recall any fill ins. Mandrake may not have drawn every issue, but I'm almost positive that Ostrander wrote every one.

We should keep track of these potential excuses DC may come up with for skimping out on these trades, and email them!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The only acceptable excuse would be if they decided to release an Absolute instead. Give J'onn the treatment he deserves!

Fantastic Member

still no announcement of a third volume. was the second one the last?

No word on a third Martian Manhunter volume yet. Or a third Spectre.

I haven't given up hope yet, though. It's a bit of a consolation that there are new volumes of Dixon's Nightwing and Grell's Green Arrow on the horizon...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Fantastic Member

vol 1 and 2 of spectre sold over 1k, which is quite ok for this kind of cult classic collection with no big creators attached. i'm still hopeful we'll get a vol3 but the whole run finished in tpbs? probably not.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No word on a third Martian Manhunter volume yet. Or a third Spectre.

I haven't given up hope yet, though. It's a bit of a consolation that there are new volumes of Dixon's Nightwing and Grell's Green Arrow on the horizon...
    DC hasn't listed their end of the year tpbs schedule yet. Current schedule only reaches August/early September. It seems like the plan was to release two volumes of MM and Spectre a year, so I'd expect something around September/October for both series if they're going to continue. (I'd also assume that the first tpb of the new MM series will be early next year, so they'd probably push things back until April or May on the Ostrander series for a fourth volume (again, if they're continuing).

Classic Hellblazer releases have been the best gauge, and they've been roughly on a 6 month release schedule.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    DC hasn't listed their end of the year tpbs schedule yet. Current schedule only reaches August/early September. It seems like the plan was to release two volumes of MM and Spectre a year, so I'd expect something around September/October for both series if they're going to continue. (I'd also assume that the first tpb of the new MM series will be early next year, so they'd probably push things back until April or May on the Ostrander series for a fourth volume (again, if they're continuing).

Classic Hellblazer releases have been the best gauge, and they've been roughly on a 6 month release schedule.
    I'm hoping that Spectre and Green Arrow continue, although I haven't read the Ostrander/Mandrake MM, or any MM for that matter. Is that as good as their Spectre run?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    I'm hoping that Spectre and Green Arrow continue, although I haven't read the Ostrander/Mandrake MM, or any MM for that matter. Is that as good as their Spectre run?
    Their MM run didn't tackle the social/theological issues The Spectre did, nor did it last as long, but I'd say it's comparable in quality.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    I agree with SJNeal. It's not quite as thought provoking as The Spectre, but it is a very good series.