Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #97 Preview

Nightwing #97 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artists: Bruno Redondo and Geraldo Borges

It feels weird seeing Dan Turpin and Maggie Sawyer grilling Gotham criminals together.

I still don't feel like Melinda needs to be Dicks' sister.

"Sadly, we know how to keep scum alive in Gotham." "Because the Joker is still breathing." - I'm not sure that logic quite checks out because the Joker is able to avoid near-death situations on a constant basis and most ordinary crooks have a low life expectancy unless they're fighting the Batfamily. I mean, heck, Maroni was dead before.

Babs in PJ's! "I'm joking about a serial killer now." That's how you know you're from Gotham.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like another great issue! Can't wait!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels weird seeing Dan Turpin and Maggie Sawyer grilling Gotham criminals together.

I still don't feel like Melinda needs to be Dicks' sister.

"Sadly, we know how to keep scum alive in Gotham." "Because the Joker is still breathing." - I'm not sure that logic quite checks out because the Joker is able to avoid near-death situations on a constant basis and most ordinary crooks have a low life expectancy unless they're fighting the Batfamily. I mean, heck, Maroni was dead before.

Babs in PJ's! "I'm joking about a serial killer now." That's how you know you're from Gotham.
    Weird because why would both Metropolis police leave to police Bludhaven? no I'm not still salty about that

that Joker line doesn't sound that cool when you give it though to it, especially when you begin to think of all the atrocities, he has done but hey at least now we know now why no rouge agent hasn't tried to kill him after batman beat him

Isn't Babs from Chicago? or has that been retcon back to her and Jim jr as Gothamites either way that line sound more like a dick line
    The shirts have just been a great running joke

Why the previews have so many pages?
    It's like 1/3 of the book right there.

Anyways, can't wait for next week.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Weird because why would both Metropolis police leave to police Bludhaven? no I'm not still salty about that
    I guess it gave Williamson a chance to create an OC .
    Isn't Babs from Chicago? or has that been retcon back to her and Jim jr as Gothamites either way that line sound more like a dick line
    I remember during the Hope Larson Batgirl run they actually talked about how much more dangerous than Chicago Gotham was.

I like dorky Babs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I like dorky Babs.
    Definitely preferable to condescending Babs.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

that Joker line doesn't sound that cool when you give it though to it, especially when you begin to think of all the atrocities, he has done but hey at least now we know now why no rouge agent hasn't tried to kill him after batman beat him

Year One's back in main canon so yeah they're from Chicago
    Whether Jim was a beat cop in Gotham during Bruce's childhood I have no idea but Babs wouldn't've been born back then so that part doesn't matter
    No wait he was. Jim's accidental killing of Wrath's parents was the reason he was transferred to Chicago and that's canon in Year One since Commissioner Loeb wanted to use that as a blackmail.
    Then if we count New 52, Babs would already be in Gotham by the time James Jr. was 3-5 years old, which would be when Dick was Robin
    Either way Babs went to high school in Gotham

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Looking really good. I cant wait to read it

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

How many people from different cities are they gonna bring here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    How many people from different cities are they gonna bring here?
    Well, technically the Titans are all from different cities/locations...

Stupid [REDACTED], ruining Dick and Babs’ bangcation. Can’t believe I’m saying this, but him showing up actually has me interested. I really hope they have Dick let lose on him cause for 2 years all he did was talk trash about Dick and his entire life.

It's weird how this issue seemed to directly address stuff people have been talking about in the appreciation thread.

Dick and Babs aren't having sex? Here's them banging for three hours straight!

Trying to downplay Babs' sexuality? Look at this panel with her huge butt!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird how this issue seemed to directly address stuff people have been talking about in the appreciation thread.

Dick and Babs aren't having sex? Here's them banging for three hours straight!

Trying to downplay Babs' sexuality? Look at this panel with her huge butt!
    Now Twitter will complain that he is pandering to the CBR forums. LoL ��
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.