Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

How come his pencils looks so good, but the inked and colored art looks awful? I'm looking at you, Forever Evil.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    More obvious.

Ok, you've stumped me. Who are you referring to?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

More obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Ok, you've stumped me. Who are you referring to?
    I'll give you a hint -

It has two issues left to go.

Spectacular Member

Surprised again that an interviewer thinks Wonder Woman's costume is devoid of colour in the new film all because of that filter.

Wish WB/dc would hurry up and show the costume again this time without the brown filter on top.

I'll give you a hint -

It has two issues left to go.

Well, the Finchs said this would be a Wonder Woman villain that they're revamping for the New 52 so I'm not sure who you're thinking of.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It seems like that villain may not be the cause of the Amazon situation, in particular.

I'm wondering if it may not have something to do with how the current run closes.

All-New Member

The correct answer to the question is Wonder Woman wouldn't need all her weapons to take out Superman. She's goddamn Wonder Woman.

From Meredith in an interview -

So instead we’re going to focus on her relationships within Themyscira, how the fallout from the end of this story is going to affect her and the Amazons, and then branch out into the rest of her life

Fantastic Member

Of course WW could beat Superman, and she wouldn't need weapons to do it. She's almost as strong as he is and just as fast. But much more important is that she is a far, far better fighter. That gives her an immeasurable advantage. If she was not as physically powerful as she was, he might stand more of a chance. But combine her physical power with her fighting skills and the amazing thing is that DC writers have not shown her regularly and easily pummeling the big guy's butt!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

In before enraged Superman fanboys come storming in here to dismiss the entire concept of fighting skills giving one any edge over Superman at all; and to crap all over every victory, feat, and accomplishment that Wonder Woman has ever had as still being inadequate against Superman!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

It seems like that villain may not be the cause of the Amazon situation, in particular.

I'm wondering if it may not have something to do with how the current run closes.

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

No problemo.

The Amazons just feel like a huge question mark in the context we have. To me, it's the most interesting element of the coming run.

BANNED

Right now in comics, there is really an effort to desexualize women, and make stories more accessible for the female readers. Does this affect your design choices considering the recent controversy with the "Spider-Woman" cover?"
    It absolutely does! It's in my head every day while I'm drawing.

I came up in the '90s, in the era of the 'bad girls' comics. There was some pretty exploitative stuff that was happening for a long time, and honestly, we really didn't think twice about it since our entire audience was men. Now, we look around at the convention, and the audience that's watching the movies, it's really everybody.

A character like Wonder Woman is really resonating with women in a way she hasn't since the '70s, when the television show was popular. So when I'm drawing, I'm really aware that we have a male audience, but we also have a female audience who want to relate with the character as a human being and not just an object. So yes, I'm very aware of that.
    That's it, dance for your feminist masters.

All-New Member

I had to create an account so that I could comment on this article. What leading question this was:

I want to ask you about the movie version of the costume, Gal Gadot's outfit. It seems very conservative as far as color and design -- are you a fan of this brown, Xena-style costume, or do you wish they'd gone farther towards the comic book style and added some more color and flare?

You know, I really like the design! I think it'll look great.

Yeah? [Laughs]
    Basically, this is what happened:

CBR: That costume looks like crap, right?

Finch: No, I think it looks great.

CBR: Wait...what?

I really wish Synder would release another pic of the costume in natural light without any photoshop filters over it. The costume it NOT brown!

Also, what is "flare"? What about the comic book costume does Wonder Woman have (besides brighter colors) that the movie costume doesn't have? The movie costume has far more detail in it. So what "flare" does it lack? Or is the interviewer just asking abstract questions because he hates the costume and wants others to hate it as well?
    Last edited by FeiLongEX; 09-03-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FeiLongEX View Post
    Also, what is "flare"?
    Insert Office Space joke.