Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default What if Moira was the ultimate plot device to reboot the Marvel Universe

With moira pivotal role in Judgment Day, I think it would be really interesting to build the character up as the ultimate plot device to reboot the marvel universe a la DC’s new 52.

Restoring her powers and get her killed, rebooting all franchises to allow old classic events to be retold with modern approach for plots and art.

Everything is so chaotic nowadays, I miss the late 80’s and early 90’s simplicity.

Possible… Unlikely though… It would be very daring: the risk of losing current readers without any certainty to gain new ones when it’s so easy to diversify comics for there’s something for everyone.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I'd rather they just create a new AU line like the Ultimate Universe rather than reboot mainstream continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    With moira pivotal role in Judgment Day, I think it would be really interesting to build the character up as the ultimate plot device to reboot the marvel universe a la DC’s new 52.

Restoring her powers and get her killed, rebooting all franchises to allow old classic events to be retold with modern approach for plots and art.

Everything is so chaotic nowadays, I miss the late 80’s and early 90’s simplicity.
    Pretty much but there's no guarantee you'll get what you want.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-15-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'd rather they just create a new AU line like the Ultimate Universe rather than reboot mainstream continuity.
    That's the more likely thing. If Marvel was going to do a full universe reboot it would have been after secret wars 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Man, I know it jumped the shark near the end, but up until a point I absolutely loved the Ultimate U and preferred it to the 616 Marvel U. I could get behind a new alt U like that honestly. Or if there was a way to go back to right after the Ultimate Galactus trilogy (circa 2006) when the whole line was still good, and just pick up from there and not screw it up this time. Either way.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

There will not be a reboot. Period.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=crimsontt;6230312
    Everything is so chaotic nowadays, I miss the late 80’s and early 90’s simplicity.[/QUOTE]

80's? 90's? I miss the 60's & 70's.

-Jthree

That would be a great What if series. It does seem unlikely that we will see this based on solicits moving forward.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Reboots are a mistake.

In-story reboots doubly so.

Astonishing Member

They should just kill off 90% of the characters and rebuild with the survivors.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them move past a lot of characters. Sideline some bigs like Claremont wanted to do, having them functionally retire from superhero-ing. Won’t happen, but it’s fun to think about. I’ve been wanting to see Logan lean more into being the Nick Fury of the mutant world, as the head of X-Force (mutant CIA) field branch. Lean into that even more in his case, for example. Have him call the shots (establish the missions) for the team, but not be on the team per se. Lean into the X-Corp concept as X-Force’s legitimate cover for their operations around the world too. So Logan is basically a senior exec of X-Corp, with Monet and Warren as it’s co-CEOs, and they’re aware of his activities and not always happy about them. For some good tension. Meanwhile, other than being a supporting character in X-Force, he’s only found in his solo book. With no gratuitous cameo appearances in other books for awhile.

In the case of some other characters, I could see Scott and Jean stepping away for awhile to focus on themselves and their marriage, being tired of the whole Krakoan scene. Archangel and Monet are execs, co-CEOs, of X-Corp as I said. Maybe Iceman goes full blown civilian. Beast goes to work in Washington as a diplomat. And so on and so forth. Yeah, I can see it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Ironically, before Moira X was even re-introduced in House of X, I had a similar idea about using the time-traveling 05 to launch a new AU line like Ultimate. Kinda really wanted them to find out that after all that, their return to their past DID split off a new timeline, and so they kept their memories of the future and went back to their initial departure point with foreknowledge that drastically changed a lot of trajectories and brought about entirely new stories, enemies, and problems.

Like, what would the shape of the MU be, and the X-franchise in particular, if as of not long after the X-Men got their start in the first place, Jean already had both her TK and TP and a good understanding of how to use them (as well as knowing all about the Phoenix), Scott already knew about both Alex and Gabe and where to go looking for them before the former ever encountered the Living Monolith or the latter ever ended up part of Moira's class and led to his 'death' on Krakoa, Hank was using and exploring magic, Bobby was already out of the closet and aware of his own omega potential and making ice golems and the like, and Warren had a reminder stickied to his bathroom mirror that said "Apocalypse is the nastiest skank bitch I will ever meet, do not trust him, he is a fugly slut."

Amazing Member

They are never gonna do a hard reboot. If they were gonna do that it would have been in 2015 and instead they just reset to status quo

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That would be a great What if series. It does seem unlikely that we will see this based on solicits moving forward.
    isn't this just Sins of Sinister?