Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What exactly do ya miss?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They should just kill off 90% of the characters and rebuild with the survivors.
    Okay, but the killing starts with all your favorites
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    isn't this just Sins of Sinister?
    I think the OP meant a legit reset/reboot. Not a AU event like SoS. I use the term AU loosely since it could be the "real" 616 during the event but we all know its going back to the status quo.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I look at what DC Comics has done over the years and hope Marvel never does a reboot, via Moira or otherwise.

Not that I would want it, but just for the sake of this discussion: the only way it might work is if the previous continuity is obliterated and writers and editors were forever forbidden to bring it back. This has been proven to work if the writing is strong ie the Valiant Entertainment relaunch. But in most cases, it all becomes a rush to reintroduce characters and concepts from the previous continuity in an awfully fast and furious manner, or downright bring back the old continuity, which DC has done times and times again.

Ongoing alternate realities also eventually devolve into a mess, an apocalyptic scenario or both, as shown again multiple times with 2099, the Ultimate Universe etc.

Therefore I declare the only way is forward, build on what's already been established and it will all be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Man, I know it jumped the shark near the end, but up until a point I absolutely loved the Ultimate U and preferred it to the 616 Marvel U. I could get behind a new alt U like that honestly. Or if there was a way to go back to right after the Ultimate Galactus trilogy (circa 2006) when the whole line was still good, and just pick up from there and not screw it up this time. Either way.
    Agreed. The first few years of the Ultimate U were pretty fantastic. I was really into Ultimate X-Men until it felt like every new issue was just "look who's getting an Ultimate version this month!" without any real creativity applied. Ultimate Cable being time traveling Wolverine was just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They should just kill off 90% of the characters and rebuild with the survivors.
    They tried that in the Ultimate universe and pretty much everybody hated it.

Count me in the loved the Ultimate Universe crowd. Loved the costumes and art in Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spiderman was just great fun and Millar's Ultimates gave me the most badass Hawkeye I could have imagined.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think the OP meant a legit reset/reboot. Not a AU event like SoS. I use the term AU loosely since it could be the "real" 616 during the event but we all know its going back to the status quo.
    ahh, I bet at some point maybe that was Hickman's idea but the snowball got away from him and he lost control of his own ideas.

but it would have been cool to see it again even though giant line wide changes are starting to become old hat for Hickman.

however, it does make me wonder if Gillen has a line wide plan to erase everything, I mean it's been done before where everyone in the Marvel Universe just had selective amnesia and forgot about the Extinction Team and Rosenberg's run and all the craziness that happened there.

Constant reboots are more of a DC thing, and judging from their sales numbers (aside from Batman stuff), I'm not sure Marvel should be emulating that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Count me in the loved the Ultimate Universe crowd. Loved the costumes and art in Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spiderman was just great fun and Millar's Ultimates gave me the most badass Hawkeye I could have imagined.
    The costumes were great. I loved when they started using Wolverine’s Ultimate costume in the 616 because it was so rad…

F2C45AB3-4599-44A3-A088-5350115B5DE7.jpg

I also loved how they just said f@&$ it and made him 6’1” like in the films in the Ultimate U. Jackman is Wolverine for millions of people, at least the non comic book purists. And now he’s coming back to the role in 2024… that’s almost a quarter of a century of Hugh being Wolverine in the public consciousness, and about half of the character’s entire existence (as he debuted in ‘74). So, while I’m sorry for the “give me my short king” folks on Twitter, it is what it is.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Why not, after Krakoa sunsets, spin her death out into its own AU? HoX\PoX: The End by Hickman/Larraz?

I'd line up for that!