Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Use a Kill Beast storyline to explore the ethical quandaries of being like "okay but hear me out, what if we 'accidentally' didn't resurrect Beast with his most recent back-up but instead picked one from years ago before he started being all gross and evil and then just telepathically caught him up to speed along with admonishments to please don't become gross and evil, war crimes are not your friend, that's fine right? I mean it'd still be Hank! Just....one we like more!"

*cue other characters being like the flaws in this reasoning and troubling precedent are super apparent but we are still very torn because we really just can not stand the dude these days and we miss when we liked the weirdo*

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Use a Kill Beast storyline to explore the ethical quandaries of being like "okay but hear me out, what if we 'accidentally' didn't resurrect Beast with his most recent back-up but instead picked one from years ago before he started being all gross and evil and then just telepathically caught him up to speed along with admonishments to please don't become gross and evil, war crimes are not your friend, that's fine right? I mean it'd still be Hank! Just....one we like more!"

*cue other characters being like the flaws in this reasoning and troubling precedent are super apparent but we are still very torn because we really just can not stand the dude these days and we miss when we liked the weirdo*
    That could work, but the other X-Men don't seem to really care what he's up to unless it directly affects them. They all say how much they hate him now and how much he's changed but aren't willing to do anything to figure out what's up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    That could work, but the other X-Men don't seem to really care what he's up to unless it directly affects them. They all say how much they hate him now and how much he's changed but aren't willing to do anything to figure out what's up with him.
    If the Hellions were still a thing, that team would’ve been the perfect place to send Beast to rehabilitate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    The X-Men are great friends...when the plot suits them.

Come to think of it, who appointed Hank as leader of X-Force? It must have been Xavier, but I've read through several of the books and I can't find when this happened. He has to be the worst choice. He's a scientist, not a spy! There were at least three other with much more experience: Forge, Brand, even Mystique. Most people aren't cut out to be leaders. Hank is one of them, especially with his track record of bad decisions before he led X-Force.