Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Harfoots vs the Ewoks

The Harfoots and Ewoks go to war. Who wins?

The Harfoots have next to no showings....

Considering their only "protection" at this point is abandoning those that can't keep up, no real weapons or armor, I give it to the people-eating teddybears of Endor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Considering their only "protection" at this point is abandoning those that can't keep up, no real weapons or armor, I give it to the people-eating teddybears of Endor.
    ...this is possibly the only time I've celebrated an Ewok victory.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

"To Serve Harfoot" is a best seller on Ewoks e-book site. How about E-woks replace the Hobbits on the trek to Mount Doom? That makes as much sense. I hate the Harfoot - can't remember such an obnoxious bunch of characters I'm supposed to like.

How about Meteor Man vs. the Hulk to get rid of the former. He's supposedly an Istari, don't watch this terrible show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    "To Serve Harfoot" is a best seller on Ewoks e-book site. How about E-woks replace the Hobbits on the trek to Mount Doom? That makes as much sense. I hate the Harfoot - can't remember such an obnoxious bunch of characters I'm supposed to like.

How about Meteor Man vs. the Hulk to get rid of the former. He's supposedly an Istari, don't watch this terrible show anymore.
    If you don't like it, fine. Not really the thread for it.

Astonishing Member

Good point. The Harfoots have no chance, thus the diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If you don't like it, fine. Not really the thread for it.
    A thread about Harfoots is not a place to talk about opinions on Harfoots? Or the show they are in? Huh? I see people add there 2 sents to rumbles all the time remember red hulk? Or spiderman omd rumble therds how is this different?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A thread about Harfoots is not a place to talk about opinions on Harfoots? Or the show they are in? Huh? I see people add there 2 sents to rumbles all the time remember red hulk? Or spiderman omd rumble therds how is this different?
    About the Harfoots? Yes. About liking the show or not, and saying people should not watch it? Not so much.

It's possible that Captain Smith meant 'I don't watch this show any more'.

There's some leeway to discuss why someone doesn't enjoy a show, movie, or the like, so long as it doesn't devolve into outright hating on it and other opinions are respected (otherwise it's getting into inflammatory territory, which we don't want). At least, that's how things have always played out around here.

Edit: I go on lengthily rants about Jackson's stuff, but I keep it to my opinion on the discrepancies and note that if other people liked Jackson's movies, cool.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-17-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's possible that Captain Smith meant 'I don't watch this show any more'.

There's some leeway to discuss why someone doesn't enjoy a show, movie, or the like, so long as it doesn't devolve into outright hating on it and other opinions are respected (otherwise it's getting into inflammatory territory, which we don't want). At least, that's how things have always played out around here.

Edit: I go on lengthily rants about Jackson's stuff, but I keep it to my opinion on the discrepancies and note that if other people liked Jackson's movies, cool.
    I'm thinking that's what Captain Smith meant as well - "I don't watch..." rather than telling others not to.

I recently finished watching it (a fair amount of travel means a fair amount of time to watch videos). I wouldn't call it great, but it's not nightmarishly bad by any stretch. If you were hoping for a second-by-second retelling of the Sim... well, yeah, this isn't that. The Harfoot story is crammed in there to explain why Gandalf likes them so much. It's Hobbit fanfic and I didn't know such a thing could exist. But the rest... eh, I didn't hate the story, as long as you simply consider most of these characters to be somewhat-to-completely different from Tolkein's characters. Only Elrond seems even slightly consistent to who and what he is in the lore.

For the fight - the Ewoks are better at literally everything related to a fight than the Harfeet. They have weapons and can us them at least a little. They have at least as good forest stealth and such. They slaughter the Hobb...er...Harfoots.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Everyone is free to watch everything. I just meant I didn't like it. Sorry for the editorial comments as compared to pure rumbles analyses! I cannot see the proto-hobbits having a chance. I recall the Hobbits in books being known for a good eye with a thrown rock but not much else in distance weapons usage. Sharps would know that. Any bows or crossbows about in the Shire? They certainly hunted for rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Everyone is free to watch everything. I just meant I didn't like it. Sorry for the editorial comments as compared to pure rumbles analyses! I cannot see the proto-hobbits having a chance. I recall the Hobbits in books being known for a good eye with a thrown rock but not much else in distance weapons usage. Sharps would know that. Any bows or crossbows about in the Shire? They certainly hunted for rabbits.
    Hobbits would be no great shucks in the arena, but bloodlusted in a scenario, they would be pretty dangerous. They're quiet/sneaky enough to get around Elves sometimes, and they are superbly accurate with thrown weapons and shortbows. Plenty of support in the books for that.
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

Bilbo was taking out those giant spiders with thrown rocks in Mirkwood, wasn't he? Or was that only in the Rankin/Bass version? It has been a while since I read The Hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Bilbo was taking out those giant spiders with thrown rocks in Mirkwood, wasn't he? Or was that only in the Rankin/Bass version? It has been a while since I read The Hobbit.
    Off-hand, I do recall him beaning a couple, snapping their webs.

Sam, with no wind-up, ‘quick as lightning’, chucks an apple at Bill Ferny and smacks him ‘square in the nose’.

There are comments in the narration about hobbits being good throwers and archers. In the Scouring of the Shire they really murder the brigands, filling them full of arrows in some cases. Wormtongue - a running target, running AWAY - gets feathered by three shocked, angry, no-name hobbits ‘before Frodo can utter a word’.
    Why are we here?