Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Off-hand, I do recall him beaning a couple, snapping their webs.

Sam, with no wind-up, ‘quick as lightning’, chucks an apple at Bill Ferny and smacks him ‘square in the nose’.

There are comments in the narration about hobbits being good throwers and archers. In the Scouring of the Shire they really murder the brigands, filling them full of arrows in some cases. Wormtongue - a running target, running AWAY - gets feathered by three shocked, angry, no-name hobbits ‘before Frodo can utter a word’.
    To be fair, that was Wormtongue and nobody has ever deserved getting peppered by arrows more. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Off-hand, I do recall him beaning a couple, snapping their webs.

Sam, with no wind-up, ‘quick as lightning’, chucks an apple at Bill Ferny and smacks him ‘square in the nose’.

There are comments in the narration about hobbits being good throwers and archers. In the Scouring of the Shire they really murder the brigands, filling them full of arrows in some cases. Wormtongue - a running target, running AWAY - gets feathered by three shocked, angry, no-name hobbits ‘before Frodo can utter a word’.
    Well, the Shire is literally thousands of years in the future from the Harfoots. Whom have proven to be averse to confrontation in most instances, and don't really have anything other than rocks. Which, while they can be useful, simply aren't gonna be on the same level as arrows or spears of the Ewoks. Those murderous, yet adorable alien teddybears.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, the Shire is literally thousands of years in the future from the Harfoots. Whom have proven to be averse to confrontation in most instances, and don't really have anything other than rocks. Which, while they can be useful, simply aren't gonna be on the same level as arrows or spears of the Ewoks. Those murderous, yet adorable alien teddybears.
    I don't think anyone here is arguing for a Harfoot victory.

My first post in the thread, in response to your post, was this:

...this is possibly the only time I've celebrated an Ewok victory.
    Anyone else?

Considering their only "protection" at this point is abandoning those that can't keep up, no real weapons or armor, I give it to the people-eating teddybears of Endor.
    - This one you, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    "To Serve Harfoot" is a best seller on Ewoks e-book site.
    Good point. The Harfoots have no chance, thus the diversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For the fight - the Ewoks are better at literally everything related to a fight than the Harfeet. They have weapons and can us them at least a little. They have at least as good forest stealth and such. They slaughter the Hobb...er...Harfoots.
    Looks like the entire thread is basically 'Harfoots die'.

The discussion re: Hobbits came up because Captain Smith was just discussing that Hobbits, specifically, not Harfoots, potentially had some good feats.

I recall the Hobbits in books being known for a good eye with a thrown rock but not much else in distance weapons usage. Sharps would know that. Any bows or crossbows about in the Shire? They certainly hunted for rabbits.
    And that's all it is - a discussion. ^_^

Fight was decided a long time ago.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-19-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Not to change the discussion, but I could take like. Five Hobbits in Khazan. Minimum.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not to change the discussion, but I could take like. Five Hobbits in Khazan. Minimum.
    There are no boats in Khazan. Of course you massacre them.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

There are no boats in Khazan. Of course you massacre them.
    I'd massacre them even with boats!

Catching me in the head when I'm waking up from a nap is CHEATING.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I guess I do have to say that I can’t see the harfoots fighting you in any way, even if they had boats.
    Why are we here?

To be fair, that was Wormtongue and nobody has ever deserved getting peppered by arrows more. :-)
    On this subject, Book Wormtongue had just cut Saruman's throat and was running for the hills when he got his, so...I'm *wiggles hand* on him deserving it, especially after all of Gandalf's comments on the matter of mercy. Guy did do some shitty stuff, but paid for it in spades and just wanted to be free of Saruman and his abuse.

I DO understand the feeling, though. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I guess I do have to say that I can’t see the harfoots fighting you in any way, even if they had boats.
    I'd probably ruin the entirety of Rings of Power-verse.

What with the Elves in Name Only and all, there's not much they could actually do but die terribly as I asked if they had some Lembas or something. No mental resistance to speak of means I just drive em bonkers.

Arx Inosaan

What with the Elves in Name Only and all, there's not much they could actually do but die terribly as I asked if they had some Lembas or something. No mental resistance to speak of means I just drive em bonkers.
    No mental resistance? They manage not to kill themselves daily in angst over how serious they all are about everything. ;-)
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

No mental resistance? They manage not to kill themselves daily in angst over how serious they all are about everything. ;-)
    *sighs* Yeah, that's just another thing about Jackson and RoP elves that is such a huge disappointment.

Where's the joy?
    Why are we here?

*sighs* Yeah, that's just another thing about Jackson and RoP elves that is such a huge disappointment.

Where's the joy?
    I think it all came after he cast Weaving as Elrond. Couldn't make the guy funny and silly and bubbly, could he? :-)

There isn't nothing adorable about this:

Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

I think it all came after he cast Weaving as Elrond. Couldn't make the guy funny and silly and bubbly, could he? :-)
    Angst was also big back then, and they wanted angsty Legolas.

Maaaan, Legolas was another one of the character assassinations.
    Why are we here?

Where's the joy?
    Behind a paywall

Arx Inosaan