Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was only interested in Ewing's responses...and I wasn't disappointed.
    He's all that matters in the x office, really.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This made me laugh and delightfully sent me back to one of my early TV-hunk crushes.
    "Al: There’s a certain mutant I very much want to grow a beard, but I warn you now, it will be the most traumatic beard ever grown in X-history. Mustache only — I mean, is it time Roberto grew his own Tom Selleck in honor of his TV hero, Magnum P.I.? Or is that too dangerous? I mean, I’ve seen Stefano’s art from X-Men Red #9. Putting a mustache on that could kill someone."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This was an interesting read. i like overall that they defend and support each other, the writers, but it felt very bro club at the same time but not in a bad way, i mean goonies was very bro club but obviously the female voices and voices of people of color was subdued and that's not on purpose in my opinion but it is the current state of what is and i just noticed it cause again, that's me, yay or nay. lol I appreciate and love several times Vita was brought up as Vita did do some tremendous character work during this era and it just felt good every time i read someone giving Vita those accolades.

The overalll feel of the interview seemed very relaxed which i liked. I find i like Gillien's sense of humor and i think Si's humor when he was talking about curse words read as surprisingly aggressive in it's energy to me which felt like he may have been in a sensitive place but when others gave him a nod and he spoke again i thought "oh okay, i think he's too close to david." And it made me want to see him write this book without Legion in it or without a character he connects to at all to find their voice because the ideas are there and his co workers aren't wrong, so yeah.

Jordan is very consistent in interviews. I really do find myself appreciating that. I mean he doesn't give you a deep dive into his mind but he is consistent in when he does. I think that is probably something a good editor has to have.

I think i will reset on Gillien and give sins of sinister a shot.

I think Leah may have been asked to give more insight here but is maybe still feeling some sort of way and rightfully over X-factor and trials. I don't know while just the image of the scene being approved being sent was amusing it felt distant and sort of like "i still only have a toe in." but i tend to overthink.

Lavalle came off very much like he actually enjoys the x-team and sees a space for him in it which i am hoping happens. Jordan seems to like his perspective but again my mind does the most. I think he adds an empathetic view to the x-office and really seems to respect the rest of the team so i hope that translates into him expanding into the office more.

The repetive mention of Vita with regard makes me think one of two things is true, Vita has decided to move on to other projects or Vita was not offered or asked to pitch a project and others want to keep Vita at the forefront of our mind. i believe it is the former and others are making it clear if Vita pitches they are there for Vita because the work did speak for itself. Even children of the vault imo was deeply written.

Lots of other thoughts from the interview but overall good interview and makes me feel positive about the upcoming X-line. It feels like the people on board are starting to see the value in what they have and it's potential and the place they can set themselves as the stewards of that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Banshee should at the very least have a roster slot to say SOMETHING on occasion.
    Banshee has been a part of Legion of X and has had a moment or two to shine and speak. Including saving Legions butt. Just right now he is bonded to a spirit of vengeance (it has been implied this spirt is tied to ghost writer mythology) and goes by Vox right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was only interested in Ewing's responses...and I wasn't disappointed.
    Stealing your word - exactatiously! Love that the Krakoan era will continue on and that Storm, Emma, and Synch will have big 2023s. Forge has been growing in me as well. Dugfan has been writing the hell out of him in X-Men.

That was one of the more interesting X-Men Monday's in awhile. What really got me excited was that Ewing mentioned he thinks about the Dominions/Phalanx/Nimrod when working on other books. That and SoS will have some of that stuff. Sign me up!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That was one of the more interesting X-Men Monday's in awhile. What really got me excited was that Ewing mentioned he thinks about the Dominions/Phalanx/Nimrod when working on other books. That and SoS will have some of that stuff. Sign me up!
    Agreed. Between that part and the stuff about Genesis returning from Ewing, I’m now pretty excited. Even though SOS is another alt u event, sounds like it could be an interesting one.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

Following up on the Dominion and Phalanx is a much more enticing premise then AoA v 4.0, so I’m feeling a bit more excited about SoS.

One thing I’m NOT excited about is the complete lack of Vita Ayala in this. I’d love to see them tackle other corners of Krakoa, but their time in the office might be done since they haven’t teased anything and they weren’t part of any of the big announcements at NYCC (sidenote: they would have been a great pick for the Bishop: War College series since they wrote a great Bishop in AoX-Man and they just got of a youth-led book with NM).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Banshee has been a part of Legion of X and has had a moment or two to shine and speak. Including saving Legions butt. Just right now he is bonded to a spirit of vengeance (it has been implied this spirt is tied to ghost writer mythology) and goes by Vox right now.
    Vox Ignis. I assume it's Latin and means voice of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I think that's exactly right. Not too much pizzaz to the name, tho.

FIRETHROAT, anyone? Stan Lee would've liked it :P

Shame MOTORMOUTH is taken tbh

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Nice I knew it was something in another language but didnt know what language. I like that! I do wish Vox Ignis Banshee/spirit was better explained. Assuming it will pop up in a later arc. That is one of the ONLY draw backs I have seen with the new era. They are laying down A LOT of long term hints still, but it seems so much is going on that many things across ALL the books are not getting explained in short term so its confusing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...Wqj5eK7IZXwjmQ

Chris Hassan @ChrisAHassan
    You — yes, you — are invited to the X-Men Monday #175 after-party tomorrow at @AIPTcomics! X-Men Senior Editor Jordan D. White's dishing on those NYCC '22 announcements and answering a few questions we didn't get to in XMM #175. Hope you'll join us! #XMenMonday #XMen
    Looking forward to tomorrow's X-Men Monday... sounds like a juicy one, and we all like them juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...Wqj5eK7IZXwjmQ

Looking forward to tomorrow's X-Men Monday... sounds like a juicy one, and we all like them juicy.
    It's like you're in my brain cause I was just wondering what tomorrow's edition would be about. Thanks for sharing! Perhaps he heard us complaining about the call for questions closing out before the announcements lol

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!