Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #175 – X Me Anything With the X-Office

It’s up…

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/17/x-...hing-x-office/

And obviously I have a new avatar. Not sure about this new “Caesar” haircut on Nathan, but maybe it’s just this artist’s interpretation.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Biggest new info in here is that Ewing is using Weaponless Zsen in X-Men Red 8-10 and Genesis and Apocalypse are back in 2023, probably written by Ewing.

Also I think the biggest takeaway from Jordan here is that he sees Krakoa as a lasting status quo, but in the way that Decimation was a lasting status quo and had lots of changes within it (Utopia, etc), which makes me think Fall of X will be a big change but not the end of the kind of stories Krakoa is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Biggest new info in here is that Ewing is using Weaponless Zsen in X-Men Red 8-10 and Genesis and Apocalypse are back in 2023, probably written by Ewing.

Also I think the biggest takeaway from Jordan here is that he sees Krakoa as a lasting status quo, but in the way that Decimation was a lasting status quo and had lots of changes within it (Utopia, etc), which makes me think Fall of X will be a big change but not the end of the kind of stories Krakoa is telling.
    So far as mutants dont ho back to the mansion it's a win. Fall of x lilely is Xavier. Also looks like Genesis will be the next big antagonist not villan for red. Setting up a storm vs genesis with apocalypse in the middle.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Considering i never could quite get behind Apocalypse as this big X-men character longterm (he makes for a good one and done world ender villain, but any year he stays around longer he just overstays his welcome), i was rather glad he was absent, especialy since it spared us of writers trying (and failing) to make him sympathic or complex.

I don't think it's a good idea to draw comparison to Decimination and it's long needless negative impact on the entire feeling and theme of the x-men franchise in the comics since 2005 (which in turn even enabled Hickman's heavy handed alteration of it's entire history).
    Especialy given that this status quo itself also seems to be in a strong decline in active buyer/readership, even with Ewing and Gillen trying their best to salvage the situation left when the architect of what was seemingly meant to be only a 3 year straightforward storyline left for greener pastures.

Which in turn can give the impression that the editor is like the driver of a bus with only one still functioning tire, optimistically thinking he can still finish the 200 mile drive to Los Angeles through the desert, even as sparks fly off the street and the steering becomes impossible.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think we got the confirmation the Krakoa era is not ending soon. I am extremely happy about that as I love the current era a lot.

And the comebacks of both Genesis and Rasputin and an important role for Emma once more in 2023, that promises great things for the upcoming year.

I also see a hidden hint which I had mentioned my suspicion about before in another thread before: Fall of X might relate to the season Fall (as in Autumn). Are you guys seeing it as well?

More on Stasis the upcoming year (so that is not over with yet) and Firestar will burn brightly, hmmmm.

Also for Kate, the Red Queen plans that we should be both excited and scared by. Hopefully we finally learn why she cannot access the Krakoa gates and why Miss Whitechapel of Otherworld reminds me of Kate all the time I see her.

Finally, I have a question, hoping one of you knows: since when does Force also have a red diamond on his head? Is he a Sinister clone?????
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Also not surprised at Duggan’s choices of Synch and Forge as the big characters for his run this year as he’s seemed clearly most interested in those two. Interested that he picked Firestar as so far her focus has been relegated to an annual not written by Duggan. Hope that doesn’t mean Bobby and Illyana are invisible after Bobby’s one focus issue.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Love that they picked my question for last, although it wasn't my favourite question I sent nor was it much of a teaser... although I guess May's FCBD Marvel one-shot will tease whatever is coming up during Fall of X in the Summer.

I'm loving the Krakoa love from creators and editors and looking forward to the returns of Apocalypse and Genesis they strongly teased in the article.

Everything Ewing said has me excited and I have to say I look forward to seeing the big year Forge and Synch are going to have in Duggan's book.

Adding to the Fall of X theorizing, it does, poetically, link to a cold snap, the leaves dying off at the first breath of Winter.
    Methinks Orchis\Xeno\Hordeculture deal the first real blow to Krakoa? Nothing fatal, or final, for that matter, but enough to get blood in the water. Give us real worry whether Krakoa will surivive the long winter.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was only interested in Ewing's responses...and I wasn't disappointed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The way I was hanging on Al's every word.

AIPT: Well, we just got some teases… so let’s get a few more. X-Fan TheMidNightKing17 asked, which characters will have a big 2023?

Al: A lot of fans were upset when Storm moved from the seat of Peel Me A Grape While I Tell You How To Run Your Planet to the seat of Come To Me When The Crap Really Hits The Fan. And they’re right — she’s only going to have a big 2023 now if the crap absolutely hits the fan for Arakko in a spectacular way. And what are the chances of that?

Anyway, Genesis is going to have a big 2023.

Happy to hear about Emma, Forge, Synch and that 2023 will be a big year for Black Hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Also for Kate, the Red Queen plans that we should be both excited and scared by. Hopefully we finally learn why she cannot access the Krakoa gates and why Miss Whitechapel of Otherworld reminds me of Kate all the time I see her.
    Omg. That's very interesting and she reminds me of Kate too now that you say it.

I think in that panel we see Forge has a diamond symbol on his bandana. I think that's what he's referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Love that they picked my question for last, although it wasn't my favourite question I sent nor was it much of a teaser... although I guess May's FCBD Marvel one-shot will tease whatever is coming up during Fall of X in the Summer.

I'm loving the Krakoa love from creators and editors and looking forward to the returns of Apocalypse and Genesis they strongly teased in the article.
    Congrats on your question getting picked again!

Glad to hear it seems Krakoa is sticking around and I like Krakoa's Decimation comparison.

I also like Cable's haircut.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Curious to see what Kieron has in store for Emma with SoS and after, Emma has been one of the most vocal people to express their disdain with Sinister, so im excited to see where this all leads
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I also like Cable's haircut.
    Weirdly, so do I! I think it suits him as does what he's wearing, sort of like a high-tech cowboy.

Anyone else really want to know what the character name Tini Howard suggested that was also an adult performer? LMAO

Anyone else really want to know what the character name Tini Howard suggested that was also an adult performer? LMAO
    I'm afraid to actually search and confirm but I got the impression it's Whitechapel and they didn't change it?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!