Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, Jenkins ignored Snyder's BvS interpretation of Diana abandoning Mankind immediately. And WW84 completely throws out the idea that Bruce wouldn't have known about Diana prior to BvS. Unless Bruce is the world's worst detective, he must have at least have heard rumors of a woman in star spangled tights operating before Superman's arrival.

And Black Adam similarly destroys MoS's interpretation of Pa Kent being afraid of how humanity would react to an alien living on Earth if the JSA had already been around for decades with a flying man, a wizard, and a giant Fonzie amongst its roster.
    Good

The DC universe as presented by snyder is simply too restricting continuity wise

No JSA, no legion, nothing interesting till Kal turns 30

That is a no from me dog

Warner Bros. was indeed developing a sequel for 2013’s Man of Steel and actively meeting with writers. Andy Muschietti, who directed Flash, even expressed interest in sitting behind the camera for something that would have brought a tone similar to the hopeful and heroic colors of the 1978 movie directed by Richard Donner, considered a benchmark in comic book movies. In fact, the current leadership team at Warner Bros Pictures — Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy — did desire one more go-around of the Snyderverse heroes, possibly even having another Justice League movie with those actors.
    Some of the other outlets are disputing THR/Boris’ claim that Gunn wants to recast everyone, apparently they do want to keep Gadot even with Jenkins leaving. If that’s true then they might want to keep Cavill as well. So I figured I’d post this one bit of actual info in this thread for future discussion just in case MoS2, or a new Superman movie starring Cavill, actually goes forward. Apparently Muschietti wanted the job of rebooting Cavill’s take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I can see Muschietti going from a Flash movie tied to MoS/Supes' villains to do a proper MoS sequel/Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can see Muschietti going from a Flash movie tied to MoS/Supes' villains to do a proper MoS sequel/Superman movie.
    If he wants Donner influence then just do the Superman movie where he’s up against Brainiac that Donner wanted to do for Superman III. Assuming they don’t scrap Cavill completely, and even if they do, I think Muschietti will end up handling Superman no matter what. He already casted Supergirl, he’s made an impact on that corner, it would be easy to have the next movie star Superman, Cavill or not, and Supergirl together against Brainiac or whatever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man of Steel 2 and the whole Henry Cavill of it. Before Gunn and Safran even arrived, it was De Luca and Abdy’s decision with Johnson, sources tell us, to put Cavill’s Superman at the end of Black Adam to give the dark movie an uplifting, exciting cliffhanger. No regrets there. Cavill is managed by Dany Garcia, who also reps former spouse Johnson. There had been some championing for some time by Cavill’s team for the actor to return as the Man of the Steel, a role he took on in the Zack Synder directed 2013 version ($668M WW) and continued in 2016’s Batman v Superman ($873M WW) and 2017’s Justice League ($657.9M). Cavill, I hear, took it upon himself to announce his return as the Man of Steel on Instagram on Oct. 24, the day before Safran and Gunn were named as heads of DC. De Luca and Abdy before the duo’s arrival heard a pitch from Man of Steel producer Charles Roven and a writer. They didn’t like it and wanted to wait for Safran and Gunn’s plan to come into place. Hence, Man of Steel 2 was never greenlit, didn’t have a director nor was it packaged. Capisce? Man of Steel 2 remains an open slot until the studio hears a better pitch.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday stretch, Johnson revealed in a video post that he “fought hard” with Warners to bring Cavill back. Johnson said Warners “inexplicably and inexcusably” did not want to bring back Cavill but he was not going to take no for an answer and his team got to work.

“This has been years in the making regarding bringing Henry Cavill back and years of strategic conversations and we were not going to take no for an answer,” Johnson said. “There was no way, there’s no viable logical way that you can attempt to build out the DC Universe without the most powerful force and the greatest superhero of all time sitting on the sidelines. It’s impossible to do.”
    https://deadline.com/2022/12/dc-wond...el-1235193778/

Deadline claims they’re still sticking with Cavill for now.

I swear ppl love jumping on any news or fake news lol.

If they don't officially announce it,it's not real
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Wrap lists Coates/Abrams' project among the "untouchable" ones:

Although Gunn and Safran have been given a mandate to reshape the DC landscape, Warner Bros. Discovery has “ongoing enterprises” that “nobody was going to mess with,” according to one insider. This includes Matt Reeves writing the sequel to “The Batman,” J.J. Abrams’ Black-led “Superman” from Ta-Nehisi Coates, Todd Phillips’ “Joker 2,” and Patty Jenkins doing “Wonder Woman 3.”

https://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman...ally-happened/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If he wants Donner influence then just do the Superman movie where he’s up against Brainiac that Donner wanted to do for Superman III. Assuming they don’t scrap Cavill completely, and even if they do, I think Muschietti will end up handling Superman no matter what. He already casted Supergirl, he’s made an impact on that corner, it would be easy to have the next movie star Superman, Cavill or not, and Supergirl together against Brainiac or whatever.
    If they stick with the current continuity, I see Superman and Supergirl becoming a package deal going forward (à la Batman & Robin, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I swear ppl love jumping on any news or fake news lol.

If they don't officially announce it,it's not real
    It's Cavill we are talking about, we should keep the tradition alive and go back and forth with the "he is done/he is back" for another 5 years.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-09-2022 at 12:29 PM.

For Gunn and Safran anyway which means that the Abrams/Coates project is under the De Lucas, and ultimately Zaslav’s purview. We’ll see what happens but given WW3 just got rejected I certainly don’t take that as any sign it’s getting the green light, especially if Zaslav is serious about not wanting multiple takes running around.

Oh and funnily enough AV claims that the new regime has no desire to greenlight the project:
    Although Warner Bros. isn’t talking, sources close to both projects tell The A.V. Club that the Justice League Dark and Black Superman movies are unlikely to get a green light anytime soon under the new regime.
    https://www.avclub.com/dc-films-jame...man-1849712935

My big takeaway from all that either way is that Gunn will either bring Cavill back or cast a new Superman himself rather than involve Abrams/Coates. And speaking of Gunn and Cavill, Gunn liked a tweet asking him to keep Cavill as Superman. Not confirmation obviously, not even close, but he did like Gadot’s tweet about WW and it has come out that WBD wants to keep Gadot in the role sans Jenkins if she’s up for it, this may be a sign that the same is true for Cavill.

For Gunn and Safran anyway which means that the Abrams/Coates project is under the De Lucas, and ultimately Zaslav’s purview. We’ll see what happens but given WW3 just got rejected I certainly don’t take that as any sign it’s getting the green light, especially if Zaslav is serious about not wanting multiple takes running around.
    The studio giving notes to Patty to improve the script isn't the same as rejecting the project, WBD still wanted her to do WW3 but she quits instead.

I feel a one-off Elseworld about a Black Superman living through decades wouldn't represent the same "competition" of the 4 live-action Batmen they were going to have at the same time, lol. I would be opposed to the project only if it's a big budget film instead of the mid-budget one, if underperform could affect future SM projects. No thanks, not worthy the risk.

Oh and funnily enough AV claims that the new regime has no desire to greenlight the project:

https://www.avclub.com/dc-films-jame...man-1849712935

My big takeaway from all that either way is that Gunn will either bring Cavill back or cast a new Superman himself rather than involve Abrams/Coates. And speaking of Gunn and Cavill, Gunn liked a tweet asking him to keep Cavill as Superman. Not confirmation obviously, not even close, but he did like Gadot’s tweet about WW and it has come out that WBD wants to keep Gadot in the role sans Jenkins if she’s up for it, this may be a sign that the same is true for Cavill.
    I think Gunn being a MoS fan and Snyder's friend should play in Cavill favor. Who knows. We'll see.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-09-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Gunn being Snyder’s friend I think might be over exaggerating the relationship a little. They’ve worked together in the past and seem cordial, but Gunn called Matt Reeves first before anyone else, and Snyder hasn’t talked to anyone at WBD per his own words. So they’re not blood brothers the way some people have painted it.

Next week will be interesting since the minute Gunn shares his plan I’m sure it will leak to the press. We won’t be waiting long for details.

Spectacular Member

Gunn being Snyder’s friend if anything else would make a hard reboot even more likely

Given that he feels that if any continuation were to happen of the snyder universe…it should be Snyder’s alone to tell in another medium while the rest of the franchise goes into a fresh start

Well it turns out that Steven Knight was the guy Roven brought in to write a MoS2 treatment:
    Mystery Man Revealed

Man of Steel 2 has stalled out. It’s Kal-el with Kryptonite ankle bracelets at this point. Not going anywhere. But it was on the move ahead of James Gunn and Peter Safran’s arrival at DC, even though it’s unclear how far that specific incarnation would have gotten.

Sources tell us Steven Knight, the creator of TV series Peaky Blinders and See and writer of movies Spencer and Eastern Promises, penned a treatment for the project in the fall. Unfortunately, it didn’t thrill Warner executives, who gave notes. (There's that word again.)

Before things could go to the next level, which may or may not have included hiring another writer given Knight’s very busy schedule, Gunn and Safran were hired, and development promptly ended.
    https://view.email.hollywoodreporter...1fc572b6d036b7

So MoS2 isn’t “cancelled” per say, it’s just frozen while they wait for Gunn’s plan to be revealed same as all the other DC projects.

Oh and they claim Hamada wanted to bring back Cavill for CoIE but I’m going to say that’s just Hamada covering his ass. If he wanted to work with Cavill, blocking Cavill’s return the way he did and denying him any opportunity for a solo project makes no sense.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-09-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Gunn being Snyder’s friend I think might be over exaggerating the relationship a little. They’ve worked together in the past and seem cordial, but Gunn called Matt Reeves first before anyone else, and Snyder hasn’t talked to anyone at WBD per his own words. So they’re not blood brothers the way some people have painted it.

Next week will be interesting since the minute Gunn shares his plan I’m sure it will leak to the press. We won’t be waiting long for details.
    Maybe they are just drinking buddies, lol. But he shouldn't call Snyder back, just respecting/liking his past work to not ditch Cavill out of spite just because he was associated with Snyder.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So abrams/coates project is still happening?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So abrams/coates project is still happening?
    According to a recent article about Jenkins departure from WW3 from The Wrap it’s still in development. I’m thinking if Gunn wants to ditch Cavil and start from scratch with a hard reboot they could theoretically could use this project as a means to restart Superman in the DCU. Though, personally, I’d prefer the project not happen but we’ll see.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.