Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I don't get the hate that Snyderverse fans get from the studio. I mean, I'm not one of them. I prefer my Superman to be more bright and shiny. And maybe I'm not understanding it completely, but shouldn't they want fervent fans? It
    s like they want you to go see the movies but not have opinions, interests, or desires for them. It's like 'give me your money and shut up'.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey I was right lol! Hamada had no intention of letting Cavill back in, and it took a full blown corporate merger that ousted the entire damn hierarchy, and the Rock himself intervening on Cavill’s behalf to open the door for Cavill to come back. Far as circumstances go that’s extreme.
    But he came back no matter what. It was known there were people pushing for him to return, it was a matter of time before they would get their ways.

Who at Warner Bros was he referring to? Zaslav? Then yeah it’s not happening. De Luca? Probably won’t happen. Emmerich? Hamada? Sarnoff? Killar? All gone. Gunn’s had bad experiences with the cult on Twitter so maybe despite liking Snyder as a person he has no desire to reward them for their bad behavior by restoring Snyder to power. Safran is the suit in the room who I’m assuming would veto Snyder’s return simply because he isn’t worth the headache, but I don’t know that for certain.

I’m assuming Snyder remains finished but if they offered he would accept and return, no doubt in my mind.
    I think Oliva was tweeting after the made up rumors from Syl/Sutton that Snyder had meetings with WBD. It wasn't long ago. 2 months at max, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    But he came back no matter what. It was known there were people pushing for him to return, it was a matter of time before they would get their ways.
    It was by no means guaranteed that Cavill would return, quite the opposite per the Rock and the trades. They kept asking for Cavill and Hamada kept saying “no”. If the merger had not happened, Cavill would not be coming back. The old regime had their Supermen lined up, Hoechlin doing a classic take, Abrams/Coates doing a black Clark for theaters, MBJ doing Val-Zod for HBO Max. They weren’t interested in giving Cavill anything, and yes I know you’re going to bring up all the times Cavill reportedly had meetings, but given those never went anywhere and Cavill shooting the cameo was a last second thing that took the Rock going behind Hamada’s back to achieve, I see no reason to believe Hamada and Cavill would have come to terms. Especially since Flash was supposed to erase him from the DCEU.

Only after the merger and Zaslav being unhappy with the previous plan did Cavill get his chance.
    I think Oliva was tweeting after the made up rumors from Syl/Sutton that Snyder had meetings with WBD. It wasn't long ago. 2 months at max, I think.
    Well I hope Gunn’s appointment does not change anything in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I don't get the hate that Snyderverse fans get from the studio. I mean, I'm not one of them. I prefer my Superman to be more bright and shiny. And maybe I'm not understanding it completely, but shouldn't they want fervent fans? It
    s like they want you to go see the movies but not have opinions, interests, or desires for them. It's like 'give me your money and shut up'.
    They sent death threats to the execs and attacked family members of the execs through social media. Plus the Snyder Cut didn’t actually bring in very high numbers, WW1984 and TSS outperformed it on HBO Max. So it’s a toxic fanbase that isn’t actually all that big, and what they want is at odds with what the general public wants, leaving little financial or personal incentive for the execs to want to pander to them.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-27-2022 at 11:46 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It was by no means guaranteed that Cavill would return, quite the opposite per the Rock and the trades. They kept asking for Cavill and Hamada kept saying “no”. If the merger had not happened, Cavill would not be coming back. The old regime had their Supermen lined up, Hoechlin doing a classic take, Abrams/Coates doing a black Clark for theaters, MBJ doing Val-Zod for HBO Max. They weren’t interested in giving Cavill anything, and yes I know you’re going to bring up all the times Cavill reportedly had meetings, but given those never went anywhere and Cavill shooting the cameo was a last second thing that took the Rock going behind Hamada’s back to achieve, I see no reason to believe Hamada and Cavill would have come to terms. Especially since Flash was supposed to erase him from the DCEU.

Only after the merger and Zaslav being unhappy with the previous plan did Cavill get his chance.

They sent death threats to the execs and attacked family members of the execs through social media. Plus the Snyder Cut didn’t actually bring in very high numbers, WW1984 and TSS outperformed it on HBO Max. So it’s a toxic fanbase that isn’t actually all that big, and what they want is at odds with what the general public wants, leaving little financial or personal incentive for the execs to want to pander to them.
    That makes sense then. Thank you for illuminating that for me.

Nothing is guaranteed, but if there are 4 producers pushing for him, making pitches involving him, etc, there are more chances of happening than the likes of Ray Fisher coming back.

I can see Snyder getting a small R-Rated DC project to let his imagination run wild, but not the mainstream DC characters.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Nothing is guaranteed, but if there are 4 producers pushing for him, making pitches involving him, etc, there are more chances of happening than the likes of Ray Fisher coming back.

I can see Snyder getting a small R-Rated DC project to let his imagination run wild, but not the mainstream DC characters.
    There was this interesting post made by Zack on Superman's day this year at Vero: https://vero.co/zacksnyder/4D-pMTbZS4smx8pPSSB8Zbd3

If anything, I can see him at least as a producer for MoS2.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    There was this interesting post made by Zack on Superman's day this year at Vero: https://vero.co/zacksnyder/4D-pMTbZS4smx8pPSSB8Zbd3

If anything, I can see him at least as a producer for MoS2.
    I think he is listed as executive producer in every movie with actors he cast originally. AM, WW, Flash, etc.

Agreed with Vordan that Hamada wasn't going to budge. CBR also reported that Cavill's asking for his Shazam cameo to count toward one of the movies in his contract made him persona non-grata at WB.

And even if Zaslav ends up being a bad successor, I'm still glad that any execs who thought that the best way to spite Cavill was to create an experimental Superman character and/or replace him with his teenage cousin are no longer in charge. This is some real malpractice when it comes to managing the catalog of IPs.

Maybe Gunn let’s him do an animated movie adaption of his plans. Even that feels like a stretch but I definitely do not believe Zaslav would ever sign off on another Snyder JL movie.
    I think he is listed as executive producer in every movie with actors he cast originally. AM, WW, Flash, etc.
    Correct, any film that uses people he cast or has ties to films he directed means he gets EP credit for. Doesn’t mean he’s actually involved however, he’ll be EP on MoS2 but that doesn’t mean he’d be creatively involved unless they actually bring him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Agreed with Vordan that Hamada wasn't going to budge. CBR also reported that Cavill's asking for his Shazam cameo to count toward one of the movies in his contract made him persona non-grata at WB.

And even if Zaslav ends up being a bad successor, I'm still glad that any execs who thought that the best way to spite Cavill was to create an experimental Superman character and/or replace him with his teenage cousin are no longer in charge. This is some real malpractice when it comes to managing the catalog of IPs.
    Oh the previous regime sucked just like the regime before them did. Only a question of if the new guys will be any better, and my gut instinct is that Gunn will not be a boon for Superman in any way. Zaslav might be given he doesn’t seem to view Superman as this intrinsically broken character in need of fixing since he was frustrated by how the old guard were letting Superman lie fallow while Abrams got to do whatever he wanted with the character.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cavill's manager produced Shazam! and she told him to not doing the cameo written for him. ok. I gets that everything about Cavill's situation doesn't make any logical sense...

Maybe Gunn let’s him do an animated movie adaption of his plans. Even that feels like a stretch but I definitely do not believe Zaslav would ever sign off on another Snyder JL movie.

Correct, any film that uses people he cast or has ties to films he directed means he gets EP credit for. Doesn’t mean he’s actually involved however, he’ll be EP on MoS2 but that doesn’t mean he’d be creatively involved unless they actually bring him back.
    Snyder talked to Jim Lee to turn his plans into a comic but nothing came out of it.

Some of his ideas are likely going to be recycled for upcoming movies (Barry getting his dad out jail for example).
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-27-2022 at 01:02 PM.

You can spin this situation by saying if you keep on replacing studio heads who are bad for Superman, eventually one of the successors will be good, amirite?

You can spin this situation by saying if you keep on replacing studio heads who are bad for Superman, eventually one of the successors will be good, amirite?
    Sure, it's like playing dices, maybe you'll be luckiest next time.

Well damn I forgot about this: James Gunn and Grant Morrison are (or were) close, Gunn even attended MorrisonCon

Forget Snyder, I hope Gunn ropes Morrison into handling Superman creatively. At the very least get Morrison to read the scripts and make suggestions.

Who at Warner Bros was he referring to? Zaslav? Then yeah it’s not happening. De Luca? Probably won’t happen. Emmerich? Hamada? Sarnoff? Killar? All gone. Gunn’s had bad experiences with the cult on Twitter so maybe despite liking Snyder as a person he has no desire to reward them for their bad behavior by restoring Snyder to power. Safran is the suit in the room who I’m assuming would veto Snyder’s return simply because he isn’t worth the headache, but I don’t know that for certain.

I’m assuming Snyder remains finished but if they offered he would accept and return, no doubt in my mind.
    Discovery put a hit piece on Zack Snyder a few months ago through the Rolling Stone. One of the major Hollywood trades (I can't recall which one) also said Discovery internally thought that AT&T releasing the Snyder Cut was a huge mistake because it emboldened the Snyder fanbase.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Sure, it's like playing dices, maybe you'll be luckiest next time.
    Ah yes, the law of averages. Perhaps best taught by Mick Shrimpton, Spinal Tap.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog