Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

THR's Borys Kit says the Coates/Abrams' Superman project is still happening (around the 18 min. mark): https://open.spotify.com/episode/1SDTSUdAY7un09zKxHWOKX
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-28-2022 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Ah yes, the law of averages. Perhaps best taught by Mick Shrimpton, Spinal Tap.
    WB and Dwayne Johnson betting on Cavill's future:

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I think Matthew Vaughn still wants to do a lighter Superman movie. Vaughn pitched a movie with Mark Millar pre MOS and he loves the Donner films.

I would rather see Vaughn pitch with Neil Gaiman than Millar. Vaughn has worked with Cavill twice before. Vaughn in more Stardust or X Men first class mode could make a solid superman film.

Swiss army nerd

I'd like Vaughn as far away from Superman as possible. The politics and morality underpinning the Kingsman stuff is horrible, really, and those films tended towards the juvenile. All of which matches up with Vaughn's right wing politics in real life. Not for Superman, no.

My dream scenario honestly is that they get Grant Morrison, who has written for Hollywood, to at least take the first crack at the script. I'd love to see Daily Planet scenes reminiscent of the best of Sorkin, who can go from aching sincerity to screwball comedy pretty quick.

But realistically, it feels like the Top Gun: Maverick team are you you want on this from an action movie point of view, so long as they can nail Clark's voice and character.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    THR's Borys Kit says the Coates/Abrams' Superman project is still happening (around the 18 min. mark): https://open.spotify.com/episode/1SDTSUdAY7un09zKxHWOKX
    Now this....is a good news.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Now this....is a good news.
    It seems to have a similar premise of Russell/Allred's Space Age: Superman living during different eras.

"a Black Superman with a multidecade-spanning story by writer Ta-Nehisi Coates."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235243030/

Interesting.

It seems to have a similar premise of Russell/Allred's Space Age: Superman living during different eras.

"a Black Superman with a multidecade-spanning story by writer Ta-Nehisi Coates."

Interesting.
    Yes,please..sign me up for some different takes on superman.

BANNED

I want a funny and not afraid to have fun with himself Superman whos kinda like Shazam, not so above it all in mocking being a stern and stoic paragon who has zero passion and just a perfect indominable sense of being the worlds greatest message of hope. I leave that kinda stuff to Cap.

Interesting.
    As long as we have a traditional Superman, feel free to bring in some variants, but not substitutes.

Wishing someone would do the Hernan Guerra Superman... Bruce Timm's best Superman still keeps flying well under the radar.

Devin Faraci claims it’s been cancelled lol. Guess we’ll wait and see what it’s status looks like after Gunn and Safran take over DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yes,please..sign me up for some different takes on superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    As long as we have a traditional Superman, feel free to bring in some variants, but not substitutes.

Wishing someone would do the Hernan Guerra Superman... Bruce Timm's best Superman still keeps flying well under the radar.
    All the Supes can team up with Cavill. Superman: No Way Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Devin Faraci claims it’s been cancelled lol. Guess we’ll wait and see what it’s status looks like after Gunn and Safran take over DC.
    He also claims The Flash was remade in 1 day of shooting, lol.

Borys Kit is a reporter for THR, his source is WB, this should be the last update he got on the Coates' project.

I can see it happening. It seems a one-off elseworld, it wouldn't overlap with any project involving Cavill anyway.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-28-2022 at 06:51 AM.

He also claims The Flash was remade in 1 day of shooting, lol.

Borys Kit is a reporter for THR, his source is WB, this should be the last update he got on the Coates' project.

I can see it happening. It seems a one-off elseworld, it wouldn't overlap with any project involving Cavill anyway.
    The trades also claimed that Abrams JLD projects were going well and everything would be ready to start shooting Nov-Jan. Like a couple weeks later we then find out that HBO has passed on the projects. Both have been wrong, it’s the nature of “scooping”/leaking. I don’t believe there will be multiple theatrical Superman projects, especially not one that was the passion project of the old regime, and since Zaslav is said to be passionate about Cavill - I’m not putting much stock in this. But there have been plenty of twists and turns of late.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Or Multiverse of Supermadness.

You would think a superman that can be really impactful be pushed more..But,alas!that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The trades also claimed that Abrams JLD projects were going well and everything would be ready to start shooting Nov-Jan. Like a couple weeks later we then find out that HBO has passed on the projects. Both have been wrong, it’s the nature of “scooping”/leaking. I don’t believe there will be multiple theatrical Superman projects, especially not one that was the passion project of the old regime, and since Zaslav is said to be passionate about Cavill - I’m not putting much stock in this. But there have been plenty of twists and turns of late.
    After Zaslav cancelled an almost complete movie (Batgirl), I expect every possible random decision from him, lol.

The reason why the Coates' project seems feasible is that the script is done, unlike the potential Cavill lead Superman movie. The latter has no pitch yet, no writer, no director, no screenplay, and wasn't greenlight. I expect/wish it to being made but it'll take years (2026? at the earliest) to be ready for the theaters.

A multi-decades saga about an alt. Superman can fill the spot in the meantime.

Or Multiverse of Supermadness.
    Make it happens, WBD!