Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Yeah, I didn't expect they'd want a return of a Snyder Superman if they're going to bring him back.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I didn't expect they'd want a return of a Snyder Superman if they're going to bring him back.
    Snyder would probably Excalibur the shit out of superman..That movie is a celebration of less idealised and more dirty brand(sex,violence,death, destruction..etc) heroism.The thing is that movie was supposed to poke at the uptight version of heroism audiences find endearing.Safe to say why that approach would get a blow back from fans with superman..

Me? I generally think fans should learn to accept different versions of superman.But,alas that would never happen..I am glad i found some form of catharsis in black adam.A working class clint Eastwood and robin hood style superman is a pipe dream..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-27-2022 at 09:21 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He probably would if he was making all the calls, but that’s why Safran is there I’m assuming, to be the one reigning Gunn in and making sure they don’t do anything that would anger Zaslav (who I’m sure will continue to be involved in the major DC projects).
    He is ready to direct the next Superman movie with Henry: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...19848708132864

I like reading that we're going to get a happier, more classic take on Superman, but anyone who's ever heard the hype about a band reunion only to see it fall apart would probably choose to wait and see before feeling any real excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Funnily enough Snyder sent in a video to Cavill congratulating him and saying he looks forward to working with Cavill again in the future. The cult is taking that (and Cavill saying a few kind words in return about how grateful he is towards Snyder), as a hint that Snyder will be directing MoS2. This is the reason I wanted to dump Cavill, Snyder is always going to be attached to him, and his shitty plans for Superman are something I want a clear break from. I guess I’ll just have to cope by telling myself all the talk of a joyful Superman + the brighter suit & spitcurl + the Williams music are all points against Snyder being an influence going forward. Thank God Gunn isn’t the only one calling the shots because there would be a real chance of Snyder returning if he was, he doesn’t care about Superman and he’s buddies with Snyder? Wouldn’t surprise me if he were open to just letting Snyder take control of the character again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From what i get,i don't think there are many directors that find superman as in pop culture superman doable..They just retool some of the stuff into their on characters. for instance shirt rip in sam raimi movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He is ready to direct the next Superman movie with Henry: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...19848708132864

God I hope he fucks off, but my fear is that like Cavill, he’s going to worm his way back in somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I like reading that we're going to get a happier, more classic take on Superman, but anyone who's ever heard the hype about a band reunion only to see it fall apart would probably choose to wait and see before feeling any real excitement.
    It would almost be funny if after all this time we end up with Cavill and Snyder making their return… only for MoS2 to bomb just as badly as MoS critically. Almost, because I would be fucking furious that WBD would be stupid enough to bring Snyder back. Telling myself the reason Safran is co-head with Gunn is to keep him from doing dumb choices like actually bringing Snyder back to DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Snyder has a deal with Netflix that will likely keep him busy for the next 5/10 years.

I think the only DCEU project he is interested is completing his JL trilogy. But there are 0 chances of happening.

Snyder has a deal with Netflix that will likely keep him busy for the next 5/10 years.

I think the only DCEU project he is interested is completing his JL trilogy. But there are 0 chances of happening.
    His deal only runs through 2023. He could resign of course but I’d be surprised if he didn’t at least make the attempt to get back in with WBD given there’s a new regime in charge. I am of course hoping he does resign with Netflix and just sits over in his corner doing his own projects.

His deal only runs through 2023. He could resign of course but I’d be surprised if he didn’t at least make the attempt to get back in with WBD given there’s a new regime in charge. I am of course hoping he does resign with Netflix and just sits over in his corner doing his own projects.
    He is building his "Snyderverse" over Netflix with a creative freedom WB would never give him. As a creative he would be more satisfied working with his own IPs than dealing with WB's "notes" again, I think.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I almost want it to happen just to see him giving everyone a Superman that majority of fans will end up loving and prove everyone wrong about the notion that he can't do Superman right (even though to me he did him right alright in past three movies lol). Zack Snyder's end up goal was always to bring Superman to his more classic image. He just wanted the character to take a longer journey to that point. He talks about it here:

I have to say that I don't want him to continue JL trilogy, but make MoS2 that is just Superverse centric like first movie was. With Supergirl entering DCEU a MoS2 with Brainiac is a must at this point.

I always dreamed about the idea what if Zack never did BvS and ZSJL, but instead did a self contained Superman trilogy like Nolan did for Batman. Not connected to any broad universe. Just a LOTR-like Superman trilogy with no spin-offs or sequels after, no other DC characters involved. Maybe this dream might finally happen minus connection to a broader universe.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I almost want it to happen just to see him giving everyone a Superman that majority of fans will end up loving and prove everyone wrong about the notion that he can't do Superman right (even though to me he did him right alright in past three movies lol). Zack Snyder's end up goal was always to bring Superman to his more classic image. He just wanted the character to take a longer journey to that point. He talks about it here:

Right or wrong isn't really the problem.Snyder can only do his version of superman.Any creative should be like that.The problem is his version of superman that comes from his ideas of Beauty,stories he loves, leanings,morality..etc may not match the pop cultural idea of a superman.

I do feel people should realise.Snyder can't do a classic superman.No one can..Only donner can.Snyder or any director can only at best mimic it and get close to that style.(if that's your idea of classic superman..which for most people is)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-27-2022 at 10:57 AM.

He is building his "Snyderverse" over Netflix with a creative freedom WB would never give him. As a creative he would be more satisfied working with his own IPs than dealing with WB's "notes" again, I think.
    Nah this is cope. If they offered he’d be back in a heartbeat, which is why I’m hoping they don’t. I don’t think Cavill wants him back, no matter the friendly words he says, and ultimately I expect it will be someone new directing Superman, but I expect Snyder to make an attempt at getting back in and Cavill will have to decide if he actually wants to pivot from Snyder’s take or not.

Nah this is cope. If they offered he’d be back in a heartbeat, which is why I’m hoping they don’t. I don’t think Cavill wants him back, no matter the friendly words he says, and ultimately I expect it will be someone new directing Superman, but I expect Snyder to make an attempt at getting back in and Cavill will have to decide if he actually wants to pivot from Snyder’s take or not.
    You went from being convinced Cavill would never come back to believe Snyder has a chance to return to the SM franchise.

Snyder's collaborator Jay Oliva explained in some tweets few months ago that Snyder has become persona non grata at WB due to his vocal fanbase. Oliva was blaming the more extreme Snyder fans for Snyderverse projects being abandoned. You should dig in his timeline to see the pov of someone close to Snyder.

You went from being convinced Cavill would never come back to believe Snyder has a chance to return to the SM franchise.
    Hey I was right lol! Hamada had no intention of letting Cavill back in, and it took a full blown corporate merger that ousted the entire damn hierarchy, and the Rock himself intervening on Cavill’s behalf to open the door for Cavill to come back. Far as circumstances go that’s extreme.
    Snyder's collaborator Jay Oliva explained in some tweets few months ago that Snyder has become persona non grata at WB due to his vocal fanbase. Oliva was blaming the more extreme Snyder fans for Snyderverse projects being abandoned. You should dig in his timeline to see the pov of someone close to Snyder.
    Who at Warner Bros was he referring to? Zaslav? Then yeah it’s not happening. De Luca? Probably won’t happen. Emmerich? Hamada? Sarnoff? Killar? All gone. Gunn’s had bad experiences with the cult on Twitter so maybe despite liking Snyder as a person he has no desire to reward them for their bad behavior by restoring Snyder to power. Safran is the suit in the room who I’m assuming would veto Snyder’s return simply because he isn’t worth the headache, but I don’t know that for certain.

I’m assuming Snyder remains finished but if they offered he would accept and return, no doubt in my mind.