Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Coates have a great prose, he writes really well, but if his Superman is anything close to his Black Panther we have a lot to worry.

His Black Panther was indecisive, ineffective and couldn't solve anything without the help of half MU. T'Challa would just walk around asking for help, getting scoulded by everyone until they agreed to save him.

I'm ok with a Superman movie where the idea of the character itself is questioned, as long as I also have a more heroic take on the character as an option.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

He also claims The Flash was remade in 1 day of shooting, lol.
    Where did he say this?

Pretty amusing seeing Cavill pick up where he left off back in 2017, going on a stealth apology tour and all but saying “I like working with Zack but I promise that going forward things will be different”

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Where did he say this?
    I only heard Serpico claim that Faraci said The Flash has added a bunch more Cavill scenes. Don’t believe it myself, at most Cavill will just show up with Calle at the end to show everyone that unlike Affleck he’s still in the shared universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Coates have a great prose, he writes really well, but if his Superman is anything close to his Black Panther we have a lot to worry.

His Black Panther was indecisive, ineffective and couldn't solve anything without the help of half MU. T'Challa would just walk around asking for help, getting scoulded by everyone until they agreed to save him.

I'm ok with a Superman movie where the idea of the character itself is questioned, as long as I also have a more heroic take on the character as an option.
    They are gonna take a goldenage superman and have him be a downer?wait wait what?Great just what i needed.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Looks like David Yates is being considered for MoS2. Oh and Bloodsport will be back soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They are gonna take a goldenage superman and have him be a downer?wait wait what?Great just what i needed.
    They weren’t doing a Golden Age Superman, that was an early idea that got scrapped. You were never getting what you wanted anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They weren’t doing a Golden Age Superman, that was an early idea that got scrapped. You were never getting what you wanted anyway.
    Hmm!Figures..oh well!it is still supposed to be a different take.So probably will give it a chance..

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Coates, for all he say in interviews, dislikes the idea of one single man solving things by himself.

Well Cavill has cleared his schedule now that he’s exited the Witcher. I expect MoS2 to start moving fast now.

Astonishing Member

The Golden Age stuff was the only good thing about Coates pitch. If he's not doing that then he can go and stay gone.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Incredible Member

Last I heard the pitch was still Golden Age-inspired, yeah. Do we know what it was supposed to be about if it was not some Golden Age stuff?

Pretty amusing seeing Cavill pick up where he left off back in 2017, going on a stealth apology tour and all but saying “I like working with Zack but I promise that going forward things will be different”

I only heard Serpico claim that Faraci said The Flash has added a bunch more Cavill scenes. Don’t believe it myself, at most Cavill will just show up with Calle at the end to show everyone that unlike Affleck he’s still in the shared universe.
    I listened to the podcast in question myself and all Feraci said was that the same source who told him that Cavill was back (and that a certain someone has a more substantial part of Shazam 2 than the cameo people originally thought it was) also told him that Cavill shot scenes in the Flash reshoots that were originally meant for Calle's character. She's still a major part of the film, but her part has shrunk in order to give some of her moments to Cavill. That's a far cry from remaking the entire film in one day or whatever it is people are claiming Feraci said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Coates, for all he say in interviews, dislikes the idea of one single man solving things by himself.
    That's ok.I mean,champion and all you aren't gonna solve world's problems alone.. But,i incompetent or not resourceful ain't the word i use for the superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-29-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I listened to the podcast in question myself and all Feraci said was that the same source who told him that Cavill was back (and that a certain someone has a more substantial part of Shazam 2 than the cameo people originally thought it was) also told him that Cavill shot scenes in the Flash reshoots that were originally meant for Calle's character. She's still a major part of the film, but her part has shrunk in order to give some of her moments to Cavill. That's a far cry from remaking the entire film in one day or whatever it is people are claiming Feraci said.
    Even that I think is a bit of a stretch, unless he’s referring to the ending where Keaton and Calle are supposed to meet up with Barry at the end to talk briefly about how things changed. She was going to fly down to greet him outside the court room at the end. Maybe they swapped her out with Cavill? He’s got some free time now to go do cameos, if he didn’t already shoot the scene which I guess Faraci is saying he has. If they’re gearing up to start featuring Cavill heavily, and him exiting the Witcher sure points in that direction, I expect to hear news about him shooting stuff for other films soon.

Even that I think is a bit of a stretch, unless he’s referring to the ending where Keaton and Calle are supposed to meet up with Barry at the end to talk briefly about how things changed. She was going to fly down to greet him outside the court room at the end. Maybe they swapped her out with Cavill? He’s got some free time now to go do cameos, if he didn’t already shoot the scene which I guess Faraci is saying he has. If they’re gearing up to start featuring Cavill heavily, and him exiting the Witcher sure points in that direction, I expect to hear news about him shooting stuff for other films soon.
    I have no idea how it's going to work or what changes were made to the film during those reshoots. Everything about that film could be in flux now than DC has new leadership.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

For the Coates/Abrams film: I don't believe they were going to do a Siegel/Shushter Superman, no matter how much "A love-letter" it was called. So, at best it was going to be like Superman in New Frontier, where Supes started in 1938, but his personality and actions was basically modern Superman.