Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Any Madelyne Pryor fans?

Dear Fans:

I realize there's going to be a new Inferno storyline coming up soon, and Madelyne Pryor will play a significant part in it, but perhaps a few questions. When Madelyne Pryor first appeared in Claremont's original "From the Ashes' storyline, I was really impressed. Claremont had possibly recreated Jean as a new character, and she was well-written and one could understand her viewpoints. This was well done in the storyline where she confronted Scott about his qualifications and rationale with leading the X-Men. In the years that followed, she became the villain in the first Inferno series, but if you asked me who I preferred: Jean or Madelyne? I would have said Maddie. Again, this was due primarily due to Claremont's writing, Maddie seemed strong, loving, and not just someone to be rescued, but she also seemed to be more fully developed than the old Jean. She could fix an engine, assist the X Men, and just didn't whine about things. I hated how she turned out, and I never felt her fate was adequately resolved.

When Scott and Jean got married later on, it just seemed flat to me. It didn't have the emotional resonance that was shown when the X-Men's first leader got married for the first time. There was some discussion about this on the Dark Circle thread, and I was wondering what else other people thought.

Not trying to start a flame war over Jean and Maddie, but were there others out there who felt this way?

--Jthree

BANNED

Absolutely... For all practical purposes and genetic intent Madelyne Pryor (despite what she was turned into after Inferno) is Jean Grey with a different set of memories and a Telepathic/Telekinetic suite bent towards whoever is manipulating her at the moment.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-17-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Maddie was really cool. I was sorry for her because i always felt that Scott didn't really love her even though he married her. Love her tenure as the 9th member of the outback team especially in Genosha story.

I would like to be a fan of hers if that makes any sense? She has all my ingredients but nothing started baking yet in my head.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I adore Maddie. I started reading the X-Men with the Inferno finale and despite grasping only parts of their rich history, I instantly fell in love with Maddie, Jean, the Phoenix Force and all that jazz. However I'm totally over demonic, scorned, vengeful Madelyne, I hope she gets it all out of her system in Dark Web and moved past hating Jean and Scott and everyone else.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I loved Maddy when she was leading the Sisterhood and used Empath as her sidekick/helper.

I would love her to reform the Sisterhood again and use Empath as assistant again.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

I think its sad they are apparently having Maddie "revert to type" and just be a angry evil woman who just wants to cause chaos and rule over a Hell Dimension.

Madelynes appreciation thread for those inclined
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I think its sad they are apparently having Maddie "revert to type" and just be a angry evil woman who just wants to cause chaos and rule over a Hell Dimension.
    Thank you, JThree, for this thread. I want to see the self-reliant Madelyne we first met. Remind readers of Anodyne in the X-Men/Alpha Flight mini, whose healing power Scott recognized as a basic aspect of her life and personality. And don't ignore the pilot who put her passengers' safety ahead of her own happiness: "We'll wait as long as we can, but I won't--I can't--sacrifice your lives, even for my husband!"

I want to see Maddie dealing with the horror she must feel at having tried to kill her own baby. Remind the readers of what she told Cable in X-Man; "Before the madness, you were the best thing that ever happened to me." Stop treating the Goblin Queen as if it (I refuse to call it "she") were the only real Madelyne. Even as the GQ was claiming, "I saved myself and let the baby go!" the picture showed the loving mother clasping her child in her arms as the Marauders closed in. And her first thought as she regained consciousness in Arclight and Scalphunter's hands was Where's my baby?!

Let Anodyne fight the Goblin Queen for control of Madelyne's mind. Show Maddie as a woman who has been through darkness and is striving to find her way back to the light.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I loved Maddy when she was leading the Sisterhood and used Empath as her sidekick/helper.

I would love her to reform the Sisterhood again and use Empath as assistant again.
    Oh wow, we found the one unironic Sisterhood arc fan.

Astonishing Member

Outback Maddy is my favorite female in the X-verse. I was rooting for her hard during the Outback era even through Inferno.

Hope Dark Web ends well.

Im sick of crazy maddie. I prefer angry Maddy she can be in xforce for the use of a Jean and a Magik

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Thank you, JThree, for this thread. I want to see the self-reliant Madelyne we first met. Remind readers of Anodyne in the X-Men/Alpha Flight mini, whose healing power Scott recognized as a basic aspect of her life and personality. And don't ignore the pilot who put her passengers' safety ahead of her own happiness: "We'll wait as long as we can, but I won't--I can't--sacrifice your lives, even for my husband!"

I want to see Maddie dealing with the horror she must feel at having tried to kill her own baby. Remind the readers of what she told Cable in X-Man; "Before the madness, you were the best thing that ever happened to me." Stop treating the Goblin Queen as if it (I refuse to call it "she") were the only real Madelyne. Even as the GQ was claiming, "I saved myself and let the baby go!" the picture showed the loving mother clasping her child in her arms as the Marauders closed in. And her first Where's my baby?!

L. Show Maddie as a woman who has been through darkness and is striving to find her way back to the light.
    Thank you Anodyne. Madelyn was such a great character, and even for the brief time she was a mother to Christopher/Nathan, she was a better maternal character than Jean was. But for those years she was in the X-Men, she was a great character. And I miss stories like that. Really wish John Byrne had left the X Men alone, rather than figuring a way to bring Jean back. Scott would have been much better off with Maddie, and there may have been more hints that she was "Jean."

--jthree

Meh. She's always been part of the "oversexualized female X-Villains" (also lump Emma and Selene in here) group that I've never been a fan of.

Mighty Member

she is fine