Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Except it failed to grow Disney+'s subscription numbers, in fact, the quarter it was released in has seen a decline. It failed to do the one thing its suppose to do, sounds like an objective flop to me. It was never going to be profitable because its operating on a flawed business model, so fundamentally, all nine (and more to come to come) of the Disney+ shows all lost money because they are exclusive to a platform that has only ever lost money.
    It took Netflix 6 years with no direct competition to become profitable. Disney plus has been around for 4 in a now crowded space. Streaming is a long term play. It’s not lost money unless they give up and shut the whole thing down which is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    It took Netflix 6 years with no direct competition to become profitable. Disney plus has been around for 4 in a now crowded space. Streaming is a long term play. It’s not lost money unless they give up and shut the whole thing down which is highly unlikely.
    There's a big difference with Netflix vs d+ Netflix had to start from nothing Streaming was new and different they literally had to build a clientele they had to make ther own shows figure out how to get people interested D+ had a better advantage they already had tons of content more money and people were already used to streaming so I wouldn't say D+ failed but it's definitely not a success ether and there's really no excuse for it...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There's a big difference with Netflix vs d+ Netflix had to start from nothing Streaming was new and different they literally had to build a clientele they had to make ther own shows figure out how to get people interested D+ had a better advantage they already had tons of content more money and people were already used to streaming so I wouldn't say D+ failed but it's definitely not a success ether and there's really no excuse for it...
    How are you determining success? There are at least 7 major streaming services now with many smaller ones out there competing for people’s time and money.

I would say the top 3 are Netflix, Max and D+. Netflix was first and has been around since 1997 but Max and D+ are relatively new. What does success in the crowded streaming market look like?