Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    The problem with MCU is there is too much heroes and too much questionable decisions like turning Secret invasion into a tv show instead of turning into a proper CM sequel which would have done very well.
    It's a prequel and it's left to be determined if it was a questionable decision.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    It's a prequel and it's left to be determined if it was a questionable decision.
    The show is the second lowest watched MCU live action show and The Marvels trailer has generated barely any hype

Extraordinary Member

Secret Invasion Becomes First “Rotten” Scored Marvel Show

quote-
    When disney plus marvel and star wars shows end those RT scores are not for first few episodes.John is misleading and not telling THE whole trurth. Go to hawkeye and she hulk season 1 rt and they have all the episodes and each one as a rt score. All episodes of hawkeye for example are fresh,that why it got a really high score from critics and audiences.

Folks seem to forget when ironfist and inhumans came out and when folks still thought they were connected to the main mcu and when both those shows got rotten scores like secret invasion there were some folks back then were saying marvel mcu is done etc.. Anyway it's strange when all these other disney plus shows were getting high critic scores and none were rotten the phase 4 haters were saying rt scores don't matter, now all of sudden rt scores matter now because of one mcu marvel disney show so far got a rt score? Some of these folks are playing games and clearly have an agenda.
    By the way the magic is not gone john.
    Note- the only past mcu non canon shows to get a rotten from critics was ironfist,inhumans and helstrom.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-28-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Long term, I am sure that studios will no longer view superhero films as just a fad. They've been a huge cash cow for Disney and even WB, for at least some of their films. They aren't necessarily going to be seen as risky anymore.
    Studios need money now and will pivit to Barbie and Mario over cape films.money talks.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Studios need money now and will pivit to Barbie and Mario over cape films.money talks.
    Yes, I’m sure Barbie and Mario will provide 2-3 reliable blockbusters a year for the next decade. The Allan trilogy will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yes, I’m sure Barbie and Mario will provide 2-3 reliable blockbusters a year for the next decade. The Allan trilogy will be awesome.
    Can't wait for Barbie: Marionnette War, and the follow-up Barbie: Dollgame.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Does that mean we are finally getting a live action Bratz movie? American Dolls? Hello Kitty?
    Last edited by HollowSage; 07-30-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Does that mean we are finally getting a live action Bratz movie?
    Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ahem.

Oh look...Mean Girls based on Dolls...

Extraordinary Member

Case Study: How Satisfied Are The Audience With The MCU?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...06#post6559006

I mean yeah, SI kind of sucked ultimately, but it is completely overshadowed by Guardians v3.

The movie freaking magical. It is so much fun and has so much heart. The MCU is not at all in trouble, when this is their latest movie.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I mean yeah, SI kind of sucked ultimately, but it is completely overshadowed by Guardians v3.

The movie freaking magical. It is so much fun and has so much heart. The MCU is not at all in trouble, when this is their latest movie.
    I bet dc was saying the same thing in 2018 about Aquaman

Nah, no offense to the Aquaman movie, I enjoyed it, but not even the same ballpark.

You can't really compare the DC movies to the MCU, can you?

Or okay, to rephrase, and avoid likely argument -- I think the MCU has been an unprecedented success while the DC properties have had ... mediocre at best results, considering the source material. The MCU is not the same as Marvel comics, but they have been getting a lot right. But Batman vs Superman was not Civil War, by a longshot.

So yah, I really don't feel like the comparison can make sense, because ... Aquaman for DC in 2018 was I think the first DC movie I watched, because no Zack Snyder. While ... I have seen every MCU movie and show pretty much, and enjoyed them, before this latest one which I also adore?

I mean, respect if it somehow seems comparable to you, but that's -- like totally dismissing my perspective for your own. I think we can just disagree.

Just saying, Guardians 3 is the latest in a long list of successes, versus ... how the DC movie universe has really never ever fully taken hold, imo. Their latest movie was The Flash, FFS.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

I partially agree with you. Guardians reminded me of the old MCU when it was fun and magical. Unfortunately that chapter has closed and I wouldn't say the MCU is trouble free. IMO the MCU has suffered a lot of mediocre movies and TV shows and it has hurt the MCU brand. Ant-Man 3 was a big disappointment, Thor 4 was very divisive, the buzz for The Marvels seems very quiet. The only sure thing I see coming is Dead-Pool 3. Not sure how the GA will respond to Cap 4, Thunderbolts, or Blade for that matter.

Biggest black eye was Secret Invasion. Worst rated MCU show. A lot of the audiences disliked She-Hulk. Not a lot of people watched Ms. Marvel. Kang doesn't seem like the popular villain threat that seems to have people excited, not to mention there's still the scandal involving Majors.

I'm not Anti-MCU but the buzz just doesn't seem to be as strong as it once was.

Nah, no offense to the Aquaman movie, I enjoyed it, but not even the same ballpark.

You can't really compare the DC movies to the MCU, can you?

Or okay, to rephrase, and avoid likely argument -- I think the MCU has been an unprecedented success while the DC properties have had ... mediocre at best results, considering the source material. The MCU is not the same as Marvel comics, but they have been getting a lot right. But Batman vs Superman was not Civil War, by a longshot.

So yah, I really don't feel like the comparison can make sense, because ... Aquaman for DC in 2018 was I think the first DC movie I watched, because no Zack Snyder. While ... I have seen every MCU movie and show pretty much, and enjoyed them, before this latest one which I also adore?

I mean, respect if it somehow seems comparable to you, but that's -- like totally dismissing my perspective for your own. I think we can just disagree.

Just saying, Guardians 3 is the latest in a long list of successes, versus ... how the DC movie universe has really never ever fully taken hold, imo. Their latest movie was The Flash, FFS.
    You're missing the point I'm not saying they are the same I'm saying both seemed to be a turning point AM was a big hit after a bunch of misfires it's the same with GOG it was the frist big hit after a bunch of misfires this year at least after AM the DC movies went right back down we are going to see what happens next with future of the mcu movies so far the mcu movies still make money but are on a downward trend if that continues its won't be good.