Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I think both She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel were extremely weak. I liked Moon Knight, Loki and Hawkeye but I couldn't finish both She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel.

In terms of movies, I liked Spider-Man. Doctor Strange, Black Widow and Shang-Chi were average-ish, Eternals and Thor were terrible.

This is just my opinion, of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Formally known as? Did they change the name of the company?

I understand Marvel is owned by Disney but it’s still Marvel. It’s still Kevin Feige. Marvel like any business exists to make money that’s not exclusive to Disney. If they put out a product that I enjoy then giving them money for it is a fair exchange.
    It's a sub-brand of the Disney family. My point was it is a business, and that it's pay for entertainment, so your points aren't really new or contradictory to what I said. I just also pointed out that it's foolish to "white knight" for a mega-corporation who not only doesn't need moral support from randos on the internet, but doesn't give a damn about them (nor any criticisms they get from those fatigued with the glut of superhero products at the moment).

Saying, "I like it" (as you did) is an understandable stance. I like some of it too (see previous comments). But having any sort of emotional fragility because another poster has a differing opinion (in a thread meant to discuss the current quality of their output, no less) is mind-boggling to me.

If you like the popular thing, be happy you like the popular thing. Don't get mad at people who don't. I'm sure they wished they liked it as well, they just don't. How it happens sometimes.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Boom, headshot. Just had a guy at work ask about She Hulk and those of us who had seen it said we loved it, but even then he said he would never watch it because some random pissant Youtuber said it was shit.
    The more volume of negative videos on YouTube about the MCU the less ppl will be as curious as they were during Phase 1-3.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The more volume of negative videos on YouTube about the MCU the less ppl will be as curious as they were during Phase 1-3.
    I don't think that's even remotely true, the number of people who believe those kinds of negative videos is much, much smaller than the general audience. And plus, if you do believe those trolling videos then you probably already had a negative view and likely weren't interested in the past or likely to be interested in future projects.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think that's even remotely true, the number of people who believe those kinds of negative videos is much, much smaller than the general audience. And plus, if you do believe those trolling videos then you probably already had a negative view and likely weren't interested in the past or likely to be interested in future projects.
    Black Adam has the Rock in it one of the last Movie Stars very few people today have the ability to get people butts into seats with their name alone the Rock and Cruise are two. But even with him Black Adam is projected for a 135 Worldwide opening weekend. While "Woke" Thor Love and Thunder had a 302 million worldwide opening weekend. Those channels are very big fish in a tiny pond.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Honestly I used to watch all the mcu videos that I could because I love watching the movies but now I don't watch any of them anymore and I went so far as using they don't recommend feature. Since Feige said phase 4 was about representation the negativity has spiked and has been upfront when before ppl were just happy with just good enough MCU content. Even my reasonable friends are parroting the garbage these youtubers are yakking about.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Boom, headshot. Just had a guy at work ask about She Hulk and those of us who had seen it said we loved it, but even then he said he would never watch it because some random pissant Youtuber said it was shit.
    What it is, is people wanting to be seen as kingmakers. Or the ones that really understand Hollywood realpolitik. Like, no RDJ and they're tilting towards female leads (BP2, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, the Marvels, Ironheart etc.) and lesser heroes (MK, War Machine, etc.)? Nah, that'll never work! See what Marvel needs to do based on historic trends is... And if they don't, they just don't get the pulse of the people. It's the same with politics when discussing certain candidates and legislative positions.

Etc etc.

I amend my earlier statement. People should just go out and play catch lol... this constant horse-race spectator, side-chair prognosticator shit ain't healthy. But like I said: the internet.
    Last edited by newparisian; 10-20-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Honestly I used to watch all the mcu videos that I could because I love watching the movies but now I don't watch any of them anymore and I went so far as using they don't recommend feature. Since Feige said phase 4 was about representation the negativity has spiked and has been upfront when before ppl were just happy with just good enough MCU content. Even my reasonable friends are parroting the garbage these youtubers are yakking about.
    I'd get new friends.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    It's a sub-brand of the Disney family. My point was it is a business, and that it's pay for entertainment, so your points aren't really new or contradictory to what I said. I just also pointed out that it's foolish to "white knight" for a mega-corporation who not only doesn't need moral support from randos on the internet, but doesn't give a damn about them (nor any criticisms they get from those fatigued with the glut of superhero products at the moment).

Saying, "I like it" (as you did) is an understandable stance. I like some of it too (see previous comments). But having any sort of emotional fragility because another poster has a differing opinion (in a thread meant to discuss the current quality of their output, no less) is mind-boggling to me.

If you like the popular thing, be happy you like the popular thing. Don't get mad at people who don't. I'm sure they wished they liked it as well, they just don't. How it happens sometimes.
    Saying “I don’t like it” is an understandable stance. I dislike some of it too, but I will call it out when I see personal opinions touted as widely held beliefs and anti-woke/anti-Disney agendas thinly disguised as fan concern. You can call it “white knighting” but its simply calling people on their bullsh*t. Especially when they aren’t even subtle about it.

It’s mind-boggling to me that people would come to a discussion forum to express an opinion and not expect some counter opinions. It’s not an echo chamber for people who just want to complain.
    Last edited by HollowSage; 10-20-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

All the folks attacking "anti-wokeness" should be angry at capitalism.

The simple fact of capitalism means that businesses will keep doing what they are doing to make their money. An individual not liking what a massive business is doing can't stop its growth, no matter how much they cry about it. Case in point, Netflix, remember how people were saying "Netflix is collapsing because they are woke"..lol...they just announced they acquired more subscribers than they even expected. People really need to get a clue.

The reason why companies go "woke" is because they are appealing to a larger market. The reason more businesses are not "anti-woke" is that there aren't many business opportunities there. Simple as. If there were, they go into it. There's a reason why social media companies have content moderation, it's not because they are "censoring conservatives" it's because they need to maintain their business. All right-wing social media businesses are on the verge of collapse. Period. Does anyone really believe the higher-ups in these companies are "liberals", I guarantee you they are not, these guys are just chasing the money.

Disney/Marvel are doing what they are doing and it's made them billions, literally. They have no reason to stop when it's making them money. Obviously, not everyone will love everything they are doing but those guys on youtube and social media complaining about them going woke really should direct their ire to capitalism. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-20-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Even my reasonable friends are parroting the garbage these youtubers are yakking about.
    Whoa! That’s a loaded statement. Maybe they are not as reasonable as you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    All the folks attacking "anti-wokeness" should be angry at capitalism.

The simple fact of capitalism means that businesses will keep doing what they are doing to make their money. An individual not liking what a massive business is doing can't stop its growth, no matter how much they cry about it. Case in point, Netflix, remember how people were saying "Netflix is collapsing because they are woke"..lol...they just announced they acquired more subscribers than they even expected. People really need to get a clue.

The reason why companies go "woke" is because they are appealing to a larger market. The reason more businesses are not "anti-woke" is that there aren't many business opportunities there. Simple as. If there were, they go into it. There's a reason why social media companies have content moderation, it's not because they are "censoring conservatives" it's because they need to maintain their business. All right-wing social media businesses are on the verge of collapse. Period. Does anyone really believe the higher-ups in these companies are "liberals", I guarantee you they are not, these guys are just chasing the money.

Disney/Marvel are doing what they are doing and it's made them billions, literally. They have no reason to stop when it's making them money. Obviously, not everyone will love everything they are doing but those guys on youtube and social media complaining about them going woke really should direct their ire on capitalism. It is what it is.
    To paraphrase this: Companies have always "pandered" to people in order to make money. Some folks are now upset that they aren't the only group being pandered to anymore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    To paraphrase this: Companies have always "pandered" to people in order to make money. Some folks are now upset that they aren't the only group being pandered to anymore.
    Exactly this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    ‘Nuff Said.

Problems with Phase 5?: None.
    Problems with vociferous fans?: Too many to list.