Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Supergirl TV Show? Bleeding Cool

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...michael-green/

"Michael Green is a producer on TV shows including Gotham, American Gods, Smallville, and Heroes, writer on Smallville, Heroes, Gotham, and films such as Green Lantern and the upcoming Flash.

So, you know, he has form. He also worked with Mike Johnson on the New 52 reboot of Supergirl.

Well, we understand Green is now taking that a little further. Bleeding Cool has been reliably informed by a comics/Hollywood contact that DC Comics is currently actively pitching Supergirl as a TV series, and Green is attached."

Ultimate Member

I like Supergirl, so I'd be all for it. If they do end up doing it, then I hope that it's more like what the Flash show appears to be (a full-on superhero show) than what Smallville was (an overly drawn-out origin story).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Oh, I hope this is true!

Love me some Kara!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

Of course they'd have to address the "Superman" question. Either a. have him appear (which is unlikely given the films), or b. explain why he's not there. But still, that's doable. I just want to see Kara done right period, be it in a movie, TV show, or whatever.

Go Go Supergirl! New 52 Costume please!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Of course they'd have to address the "Superman" question. Either a. have him appear (which is unlikely given the films), or b. explain why he's not there. But still, that's doable. I just want to see Kara done right period, be it in a movie, TV show, or whatever.
    Well, WB has said that TV and movies would be separate, and there's also rumors that there will be a movie Flash. Which insinuates that there could be a TV Flash and a movie Flash at the same time, which seem utterly ridiculous to me, but that seems to be the direction we're headed.

So if that's the case, then I guess we could have a TV Superman show up in Supergirl on TV, separate from the movie version.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Hey, DC! You wanna kill me?

Break the mold and have this show be fun, optimistic, and positive.

Pretty sure I'll have a heart attack.

Oh, and if you're looking for inspiration as far as what I mean? May I present Exhibit "A?"

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads...mics-Dance.gif
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    or c. just not have him in this continuity. I wouldn't care which as long as they don't waste too much energy on explaining this particular detail.

They should connect it with MoS!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    or c. just not have him in this continuity. I wouldn't care which as long as they don't waste too much energy on explaining this particular detail.
    That won't happen.

WB won't disassociate from the bigger cash cow. Not unless they want to give up the S-shield, the planet Krypton, and everything else that falls under Superman's jurisdiction. Even BIRDS OF PREY made sure Batman was somehow directly (if in a minor way) tied into it. If there's a SUPERGIRL tv show, you better believe Superman will be a part of it somehow.

That said, considering that MAN OF STEEL left open the distinct possibility that Kara is somewhere in that DC Cinematic Universe, I'm kinda doubting this project goes much beyond the pitch stage. The DC superhero tv show scene is already pretty crowded with ARROW, THE FLASH, CONSTANTINE, iZOMBIE and GOTHAM.

Plus, we already had 10 seasons of SMALLVILLE which already featured a live-action Kara Zor-El as a recurring character, so there's a lack of newness with this idea.

I honestly think it is cool to have a Supergirl TV show it was rumored around Smallville when she appeared but it never happened then again Smallville success with spin-offs was not that great it only had one and that lasted half a season. Now if this does happen maybe it will have great success as a show that will start a spin-off. I mean the CW has had success with Arrow and now The Flash looks promising as a spin-off. The network wants to have Amazon much if they take a pitch of Supergirl to CW maybe it will start a good something if it has people passionate like [I]Arrow/I] and The Flash.
    former Terrifan2

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    TPlus, we already had 10 seasons of SMALLVILLE which already featured a live-action Kara Zor-El as a recurring character, so there's a lack of newness with this idea.
    Well, it'd be a female lead Superhero show. While not new, it's definitely a market that needs serving.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

This show needs to happen. It needs to!
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    How can you have a Supergirl show set in a universe where Superman doesn't exist? It's as stupid as having a Batgirl show where Batman doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Well, it'd be a female lead Superhero show. While not new, it's definitely a market that needs serving.
    So why don't they put more effort into a Wonder Woman show?

It's female-led and it won't be attached to Superman.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    So why don't they put more effort into a Wonder Woman show? It's female-led and it won't be attached to Superman.
    They made a pilot a few years ago (by the Ally Mcbeal creator IIRC) and it was hated by test audiences. As is usual with studios, they blamed the weak pilot and money lost on the fact that Wonder Woman doesn't work anymore and moved on.

Supergirl is a name brand, and the name explains what the show will be. Like Superman, but a younger female version. Easy.

I'm not advocating this instead of a series starring Wonder Woman, Zatanna, or even Spoiler, but any female lead comic book project is better than none.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!