Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He just got some costume inspiration from it, I don't think it was that big of a deal.
    It bugged me considering it's an inversion of history that's only there to basically say "yeah, Supes ripped off Batman!"

Stupid and unnecessary, especially considering Batman as a character only exists because Superman sold so well they needed more superheroes and he was he best of the imitators.

It's also the only part of the movie he's in, and it's meaningless, so it just comes across as the studio or creators saying "But Batman is cooler/first." Why? Why is this important? They never do that in Batman origins.

You don't get "You mean like the guy in Metropolis?"

They let it stand on its own, but God forbid Superman projects fail to kiss the Bat ring.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-20-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They let it stand on its own, but God forbid Superman projects fail to kiss the Bat ring.
    EVERYTHING at DC bows down and bends over for the Bat. Every. Thing.

And it's killing DC in the direct market. They can't sell a damn thing anymore because they spent so long telling everyone who'd listen that Batman is the best and only hero who really matters.

When that mindset reaches the general public and/or Batman's popularity falls? DC is straight f*cked.

But I will say, (again) this particular film wasn't so heavy-handed with the Bat worship that it pissed me off. And I got a real low tolerance for that sorta thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Conner is that you?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

It bugged me considering it's an inversion of history that's only there to basically say "yeah, Supes ripped off Batman!"

Stupid and unnecessary, especially considering Batman as a character only exists because Superman sold so well they needed more superheroes and he was he best of the imitators.

It's also the only part of the movie he's in, and it's meaningless, so it just comes across as the studio or creators saying "But Batman is cooler/first." Why? Why is this important? They never do that in Batman origins.

You don't get "You mean like the guy in Metropolis?"

I think it was more just to build up the shared universe of the Tomorrow-verse.

The whole family loved this. wasn't too keen on Staro personally but the movie was great. Jon was wholesome as ever and the writers managed to strike the right balance between arrogant douche and funny as heck with Damian.

Is this part of the shared Tomorrow-verse?

Glad to see Bat cow though a missed opportunity to show Damian's pets ganging up on Jon when he put his hands on Damian.

But at least we got one Damian pet.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-22-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The whole family loved this. wasn't too keen on Staro personally but the movie was great. Jon was wholesome as ever and the writers managed to strike the right balance between arrogant douche and funny as heck with Damian.

Is this part of the shared Tomorrow-verse?
    It's not impossible, but right now I doubt it. While the designs are pretty compatible iirc (Clark, Lois, Lex... Look pretty much like older versions of their Tomorrowverse counterparts), this is set too far in the in-universe timeline fr it to be feasibly incorporated into whatever they want to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    It's not impossible, but right now I doubt it. While the designs are pretty compatible iirc (Clark, Lois, Lex... Look pretty much like older versions of their Tomorrowverse counterparts), this is set too far in the in-universe timeline fr it to be feasibly incorporated into whatever they want to do there.
    The comics set separate stories in different time periods so I don't see why the tomorrow verse can't, heck of might get Conner in the past so in supersons time he is jons older uncle
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I liked this movie a lot,and I think another superboy exists in this universe,possibly Conner
    Yeah noted that Jon said there was already a Superboy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was more just to build up the shared universe of the Tomorrow-verse.
    Which could be done any which number of ways, but they settled on "lol he copied his costume."

It's dumb.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Which could be done any which number of ways, but they settled on "lol he copied his costume."

It's dumb.
    Copied a little bit of his costume. I think it's ultimately pretty harmless.

I've been stewing on this movie ever since I got it in the mail, and I just love it. I can't put into words just how much I enjoyed it and what I saw in it. It got better with each rewatch.

I loved the animation, I don't care what other people thought, they probably think the Mob Psycho 100 anime looks ugly. They have no taste. I had no problem showing this to my librarian mom and she enjoyed it (and even asked if she could get a copy from my LCS for her library cuz she's ordered books from them before for the graphic novel section I help her curate).

Loved it. Only two nitpicks.

1. Jon saying Batman is a greater Superhero is annoying, even if it makes sense a young child could think so. Is it really such a stretch to ask that Superman's own son, who shares his values, thinks Superman is the best? I guess so. Like Man of Tomorrow, it feels like WB is committed to comparing them at Bruces's benefit no matter what.

2. Lois addressing Jon directly on national TV, even name dropping him. She's too smart a reporter to basically dox her family that way. It's a very easy thread to follow once you have her do that. She really should have just said that the aliens hate fire. It's enough.
    I actually kind of liked that. It's like the in-universe version of thinking Goku is better than Superman. Plus, Jon was pretty excited to find his dad was Superman of all heroes and even had his dope hoodie from when before he found out. Liking both Superman AND Batman at the same time wouldn't be so unrealistic in-universe, especially for a middle-schooler like Jon

Wait. Three.

3. Lois has green eyes, not purple. Unforgivable!

Honestly, it's a great movie and probably my favorite World's Finest adaption. Lois steals the show every time she's on screen. Absolutely getting the blu-ray.

It's definitely for kids, but that's perfectly fine. I did miss Jon punching Damian in the gut, though. Ultimately the movie forgives Damian constantly, but it actually feels more like exemplifying the Super family's patience and kindness than worship.
    We can always see a conflict in their relationship that comes to blows in a sequel. It's an easy and obvious story beat they could follow, given how well they execute a very by the numbers story.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Super Sons was decent. Would've preferred if it were a TT movie or YJ bent movie but it was decent.

It made no sense that Lois is the only one who got de-Starrod but it was impossible for everyone else to break free..

Spectacular Member

This film practically confirms that Warners is full blown committed to Jon as Superman

Otherwise they would have called him Superboy

But they didn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    This film practically confirms that Warners is full blown committed to Jon as Superman

Otherwise they would have called him Superboy

But they didn’t
    I don't think it indicate anything as when it comes to Jon being superman

Like it still has Superman say the american way motto
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 10-23-2022 at 12:38 PM.