Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Well Duggan certainly writes Angelica like she's new to the superhero business at the same time as being an ex Avenger.

I mean seriously, Firestar as a flier getting so close to the bad guy? Would never happen. She's got way too much experience to do something so amateur.

Plus he tried to stab her with ice. Yes ice. She could destroy the planet if she wanted to, but she has to get saved from ice.
    Sounds like a worse version of what happend to Cannonball when he joined the X-men, being written as naive rookie even though he just came from X-force under Cables leadership and has allready been a veteran in his own right when they were still the New Mutants.

Though he still got his moment against Gladiator during that time. So it wasn't all for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Havok has to be a screw up for contrast because Cyke is an editorial favorite and can do no wrong. They will always assassinate any other character to protect their favorites from anything that makes them look bad or brings criticism on them.

At least it will be something more than SNICKT, Slash, wash, rinse, repeat. I miss when Laura had problems to work through. To me, it is very ironic that her original character arc was that she wanted to be a person and not a weapon, but once they solved all her problems and and made her more than a weapon, they now use her almost always as a weapon or a plot device for other characters.

Bring back KY Laura grit and angst, please.
    I disagree with your point about Havok. He's a screw up because he's the younger brother of The X-Man. He's constantly competing unnecessarily to out do Scott. He's been a screw up for a lot of his history. I like him, but he does a lot of stupid things. it's not to make Scott look better either. They don't share a title that much

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now that you mention it...between the JD tie-ins and this issue...so far XM:Y02 is flat and tepid. I know it's only been four issues but I'm just not as invested as I was for Y01. (that may have to do with the fact that I don't care for Havok and Angelica the way I cared and like ALL of the previous members.)
    Gotta say it's kind of the same for me. At this point Year 2 isn't really holding my interest that much and all the drama with the team isn't helping.

This was a decent issue nothing bad in it but nothing that made me feel super excited. i did grin ear to ear at the idea that everyone is an infant to old woman laura and my darkside truly awaits to see if the reverse will happen and everyone will be too young for old woman laura like she was for synch. That's why i say people have to wait and think on what they say cause you just never know when the other shoe is going to drop on you.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was a decent issue nothing bad in it but nothing that made me feel super excited. i did grin ear to ear at the idea that everyone is an infant to old woman laura and my darkside truly awaits to see if the reverse will happen and everyone will be too young for old woman laura like she was for synch. That's why i say people have to wait and think on what they say cause you just never know when the other shoe is going to drop on you.
    LOL yeah bro I'm waiting to see if we get the "creepy" comments that were hurled when it was the other way around.

Angelica was far more competent written in one Avengers issue, than in her whole X-Men years.

Also, Jean has trouble holding that guy with her über tk? She actually goes mayhem against a Celestial right now.

About Synch getting older when using memorized abilities: I think that this recalling of powers consumes his life energy, which ages him.

Aren’t there some characters who have powers with negative side effects in their body? Velocidad comes in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Angelica was far more competent written in one Avengers issue, than in her whole X-Men years.

Also, Jean has trouble holding that guy with her über tk? She actually goes mayhem against a Celestial right now.

About Synch getting older when using memorized abilities: I think that this recalling of powers consumes his life energy, which ages him.

Aren’t there some characters who have powers with negative side effects in their body? Velocidad comes in mind
    Yeah, like:

Maggot
    Gentle

Those 2 came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I dunno, my head-canon still says they're connected. Seems odd to add a limitation to Ev that has to do with rapid aging when the Vault/aging is a big part of his current story. They're probably not connected at all but seems like too much of a coincidence to me.
    I was also wondering if this is part of some subplot, or an arbitrary move to just cap Everett. Guess we let the current story play out but had bad feeling when I first read about him aging. Why would he not be able to tap into a regenerative or shape shifting mutant on the island?

I have no problem if Everett gets back with Laura. But two Laura’s is going to be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I disagree with your point about Havok. He's a screw up because he's the younger brother of The X-Man. He's constantly competing unnecessarily to out do Scott. He's been a screw up for a lot of his history. I like him, but he does a lot of stupid things. it's not to make Scott look better either. They don't share a title that much
    And that’s all he is. It seemed like things were going to happen post-Hellions but instead all that’s happened is here is Alex, eternal screw up as always, still paying penance for being part of Uncanny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I liked this issue, definitely some of Duggan's better work. I'm intrigued by the twist that it's OG Laura instead of Darwin and looking forward to seeing where that plotline goes since it has broader implications for Krakoa and the protocols.

I wasn't feeling the Havok subplot, we'll see where it goes but I'm over him being a screwup. He's not one of my faves but he has been an X-Man longer than pretty much everyone who isn't the O5, led teams, led the Avengers...this characterization feels very off for a character of that stature. Wells seemed to handle this flop Havok with more nuance in Hellions.
    Seriously, I don’t even like Havok like that and it’s weird seeing him written like this. Took away from the story imo but overall I enjoyed the players involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    While I'm disappointed that Synch didn't play a role this issue the story itself I would have enjoyed if they hadn't forgot their own continuity with Darwin already being resurrected. Editorial is apparently asleep at the wheel on that one. Cassara's art continues to look amazing at least.
    ...wait he was? can someone share that image?

I thought they made Alex grow as a character during Hellions, is that basically meaningless with him acting the way he did in this? Because if so that is just plain disrespectful for all he went through in that book and what is going on in this one?

Also, why do they need to bring up the Laura who got stuck in the Vault? I mean i always suspected that was going to be the case as we never saw her die, only overwhelmed by their numbers. Is she been brought back to have her and Synch hook up so he can get over his trauma, which again i thought that had already been dealt with went it was the first iteration of the team? Because i hope not as we already have one Laura running around as Wolverine, i don't see the need to have another one show up just to stir up this already messy pot.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It'll at least unambiguously say once and for all what actually happens when the protocols bring back the same person twice and whether it's just morally bad or acty somehow physically bad with souls and stuff.

Feel like something that important could have been establizhed when they introduced the protocols but whatever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    In my head the Children have Darwin's adaptability powers and so Jean was doing a dance with Perro - he kept adapting to break free and she kept tweaking her TK to hold him. In my brain it was quite beautiful.
    I bet it was...